Surprised no one noticed AMDs test-bench:

Nakoron

ZEN my friend ZEN.

No, I don't want people to let them get away with this bollocks. We need Intel to have competition. We need AMD to put money back into R&D.

No, I don't want people to let them get away with this bollocks. We need Intel to have competition. We need AMD to put money back into R&D.

They don't have enough money and they are putting a lot of their money in R&D.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

Don't take Intel word when it comes it comes to iGPU or GPUs in general even CPUs wait for benchmarks, I know you already know this but just wanted to remind.

Normally that sort of claim would bring harsh skepticism even from me, but it's not like Intel's engineers are idiots, and they do have a ways to go to catch up in gaming, but for compute their GPU architecture is the most dense already, and when you hear the description of how this was achieved, it actually makes perfect sense. They have 10 per subslice in the Haswell Gen 7.5 iGPU. Each subslice has only one I/O bus, a single choke point for data throughput. Intel shaved 2 EUs from each subslice ( and added a 3rd sub to each big slice) Now you can much more easily feed the beasts. If Intel had an I/O bound problem, that would certainly go a long way in solving it. 

Now, as per polymorph and tessellation engines and the like which would drastically help gaming, I hold off judgment; but for throughput and compute, I'd be surprised if they were lying/exaggerating. 

It is already confirmed the 5770k will have Iris Pro 6200 onboard with 48EUs at ~1150 MHz, and the iGPU is fully unlocked this time. So we definitely get the +20% core count, and we definitely do get the redesign of the iGPU macroarchitecture with throughput in mind. How this in the end affects games is the remaining question.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

My bad but it's more than three lines -your sig- your business would go down faster than Linus firing Luke.

actually its not more than three lines.

the second line has a hashtag that is in bigger font.

bit its exactly three lines. xP 

sorry for all the confusion.

Watch out for each other. Love everyone and forgive everyone, including yourself. Forgive your anger, forgive your guilt. Your shame. Your sadness. Embrace and open up your love, your joy, your truth, and most especially your heart. 
-Jim Hensen

Normally that sort of claim would bring harsh skepticism even from me, but it's not like Intel's engineers are idiots, and they do have a ways to go to catch up in gaming, but for compute their GPU architecture is the most dense already, and when you hear the description of how this was achieved, it actually makes perfect sense. They have 10 per subslice in the Haswell Gen 7.5 iGPU. Each subslice has only one I/O bus, a single choke point for data throughput. Intel shaved 2 EUs from each subslice ( and added a 3rd sub to each big slice) Now you can much more easily feed the beasts. If Intel had an I/O bound problem, that would certainly go a long way in solving it.

Now, as per polymorph and tessellation engines and the like which would drastically help gaming, I hold off judgment; but for throughput and compute, I'd be surprised if they were lying/exaggerating.

It is already confirmed the 5770k will have Iris Pro 6200 onboard with 48EUs at ~1150 MHz, and the iGPU is fully unlocked this time. So we definitely get the +20% core count, and we definitely do get the redesign of the iGPU macroarchitecture with throughput in mind. How this in the end affects games is the remaining question.

I will try to look for a video at an Intel presentation were they were presinting iris by showing a video game, it was actually a racing video game, suprise they weren't really playing the game there were playing a video and the guy presenting made it look like he was playing, with their history with their iGPUs I would never trust try out latest HD4000 it's great for HD gaming.... You know the deal gaming with and HD4000 my ass, when it come to GPUs Intel has less reliability and honesty than a Wiesel, I think you get my point by now.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

They will never experience GPU bottlenecks now. Muhahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

I'm just going to say this now, I'm not a fanboy of AMD, Nvidia, or Intel. :P

Spoiler

Senor Shiny: Main- CPU Intel i7 6700k 4.7GHz @1.42v | RAM G.Skill TridentZ CL16 3200 | GPU Asus Strix GTX 1070 (2100/2152) | Motherboard ASRock Z170 OC Formula | HDD Seagate 1TB x2 | SSD 850 EVO 120GB | CASE NZXT S340 (Black) | PSU Supernova G2 750W  | Cooling NZXT Kraken X62 w/Vardars
Secondary (Plex): CPU Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 @1.099v | RAM Samsun Wonder 16GB CL9 1600 (sadly no oc) | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | Motherboard ASRock H97M-Pro4 | HDDs Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Blue 3TB | Case Corsair Air 240 (Black) | PSU EVGA 600B | Cooling GeminII S524

Spoiler

(Deceased) DangerousNotDell- CPU AMD AMD FX 8120 @4.8GHz 1.42v | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | RAM Samsung Wonder 8GB (CL9 2133MHz 1.6v) | Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | Cooling EVO 212 | Case Rosewill Redbone | PSU EVGA 600B | HDD Seagate 1TB

DangerousNotDell New Parts For Main Rig Build Log, Señor Shiny  I am a beautiful person. The comments for your help. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book.

actually its not more than three lines.

the second line has a hashtag that is in bigger font.

bit its exactly three lines. xP 

sorry for all the confusion.

Okay lets count look pic at the pic

post-61942-0-10845200-1418254513.png 

first line starts with *logitech and ends with AEL*, second line starts with *NEEDS and ends with PC*, third line start with #900 and ends with ble, fourth line see we reached the fourth line not going to continue I hope you get the point it's more than three lines.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

How the fuck is this even tech news? 

Short answer, it's not. Some people are just silly. This is a non-issue for anyone who has a rational mind. Did anyone expect otherwise?

Then they should DESIGN AND MAKE A NEW ONE THAT'S NOT A FUCKING REBADGED OVERCLOCK OF SOMETHING THAT'S TWO YEARS OLD NOW. Jesus I want to like AMD but they're making it really difficult.

They only beat Intel for price because people insist on comparing them with Haswell Refresh and not Ivy or even Sandy Bridge which is more accurate.

Dude, they are doing exactly what you are describing. As @cesrai says, it's called Zen.

ZEN my friend ZEN.

Yes, Zen, hopefully it lives up :P

What are you even going on about? They are putting money into a brand new x86 design, called Codename ZEN. They even brought in Jim Kellar back (If you know AMD history, you know him). He's the guy behind AMD's best processors, which at the time, were the best on the market. He was also heavily involved with Apple's A-series SoC mobile chips.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

I will try to look for a video at an Intel presentation were they were presinting iris by showing a video game, it was actually a racing video game, suprise they weren't really playing the game there were playing a video and the guy presenting made it look like he was playing, with their history with their iGPUs I would never trust try out latest HD4000 it's great for HD gaming.... You know the deal gaming with and HD4000 my ass, when it come to GPUs Intel has less reliability and honesty than a Wiesel, I think you get my point by now.

Well, Intel did design them in the first place to be just strong enough for business computer needs (drive documents in 4K at 60Hz lol) and compute power in their vie to stay on top of IBM in the server chip race. Only recently started pursuing gaming.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

They will never experience GPU bottlenecks now. Muhahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

I'm just going to say this now, I'm not a fanboy of AMD, Nvidia, or Intel. :P

Said the guy with a Xenon.  :D

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

Hey, I needed moar powar and I was on an i5 650.. I was going to upgrade to an i5 4690, (non-K, no overclocking) but it was $5 more at the time of purchasing parts...

Spoiler

Senor Shiny: Main- CPU Intel i7 6700k 4.7GHz @1.42v | RAM G.Skill TridentZ CL16 3200 | GPU Asus Strix GTX 1070 (2100/2152) | Motherboard ASRock Z170 OC Formula | HDD Seagate 1TB x2 | SSD 850 EVO 120GB | CASE NZXT S340 (Black) | PSU Supernova G2 750W  | Cooling NZXT Kraken X62 w/Vardars
Secondary (Plex): CPU Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 @1.099v | RAM Samsun Wonder 16GB CL9 1600 (sadly no oc) | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | Motherboard ASRock H97M-Pro4 | HDDs Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Blue 3TB | Case Corsair Air 240 (Black) | PSU EVGA 600B | Cooling GeminII S524

Spoiler

(Deceased) DangerousNotDell- CPU AMD AMD FX 8120 @4.8GHz 1.42v | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | RAM Samsung Wonder 8GB (CL9 2133MHz 1.6v) | Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | Cooling EVO 212 | Case Rosewill Redbone | PSU EVGA 600B | HDD Seagate 1TB

DangerousNotDell New Parts For Main Rig Build Log, Señor Shiny  I am a beautiful person. The comments for your help. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book.

Maybe if you could get a consumer motherboard capable of hosting an x86 Opteron... Oh wait... There are no x86 Opterons left! :P 

Well, Intel did design them in the first place to be just strong enough for business computer needs (drive documents in 4K at 60Hz lol) and compute power in their vie to stay on top of IBM in the server chip race. Only recently started pursuing gaming.

It's not about what they designed it for it's about the BS marketing, I hate that shit, I bought a laptop with and HD4000 believing I can game on it - I was stupid yes move on - I believed their marketing BS I fucking hate liars especially the ones in marketing, I fucking hate BS I really hate it.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

Hey, I needed moar powar and I was on an i5 650.. I was going to upgrade to an i5 4690, (non-K, no overclocking) but it was $5 more at the time of purchasing parts...

It was a great deal wasn't it.

Maybe if you could get a consumer motherboard capable of hosting an x86 Opteron... Oh wait... There are no x86 Opterons left! :P

Pfftt.. you can always use an ARM I mean who doesn't want an ARM to help him ?  B)

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

Pfftt.. you can always use an ARM I mean who doesn't want an ARM to help him ?  B)

Number of consumer software products compiled to ARM ~83  Ones which are useful... ~7?

Yeah... Now to get a new GPU... R9 290 because of how cheap they are? :D I was going to sell my old parts which are in my signature, but a friend of mines home burnt down and he no longer has anything except his GPU and HDD that might still work. His entire house collapsed except for the little spot where his room and a couple other bedrooms were. :(

Spoiler

Spoiler

Yeah... Now to get a new GPU... R9 290 because of how cheap they are? :D I was going to sell my old parts which are in my signature, but a friend of mines home burnt down and he no longer has anything except his GPU and HDD that might still work. His entire house collapsed except for the little spot where his room and a couple other bedrooms were. :(

So is he like the Austin? you are awesome for doing this, yeah R9 290 is cheap sometimes you can find it at 200$.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

So is he like the Austin? you are awesome for doing this, yeah R9 290 is cheap sometimes you can find it at 200$.

Basically... He's a really good friend of mine so I have no problem letting him have them. If I had money, I'd surprise him with an SSD. Maybe me, his older brother, (lives on his own and is married) and a couple of other good friends of his can pitch in to get him one. :)

Also I found a 290 for cheap here. :D

Spoiler

Spoiler

Number of consumer software products compiled to ARM ~83  Ones which are useful... ~7?

U WOT m8 ? if you really want an x86 opteraion you better be needing a server, man Xeons are awesome, just unlock them and see what happens you have an extreme edition between your hands.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

Basically... He's a really good friend of mine so I have no problem letting him have them. If I had money, I'd surprise him with an SSD. Maybe me, his older brother, (lives on his own and is married) and a couple of other good friends of his can pitch in to get him one. :)

Also I found a 290 for cheap here. :D

Just keep surfing bro and ask @LukaP he is surprisingly good at finding cheap GPUs, I hope you can find one at 200$ or less.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

Just keep surfing bro and ask @LukaP he is surprisingly good at finding cheap GPUs, I hope you can find one at 200$ or less.

Well right now that's the cheapest without mail-in-rebates... Either way, I haven't had an issue with Asus. My computer has an Asus board, Asus GPU cooler, and a friend's computer I built has an Asus GPU and motherboard. :) I originally bought an MSI board for my computer, but it was a DOA and MSI won't refund it so it sits in my closet with a damaged SATA controller. :(

Spoiler

Spoiler

Well right now that's the cheapest without mail-in-rebates... Either way, I haven't had an issue with Asus. My computer has an Asus board, Asus GPU cooler, and a friend's computer I built has an Asus GPU and motherboard. :) I originally bought an MSI board for my computer, but it was a DOA and MSI won't refund it so it sits in my closet with a damaged SATA controller. :(

Use it as a decoration bro and how wouldn't they refund? Wasn't it under warranty ?

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

Use it as a decoration bro and how wouldn't they refund? Wasn't it under warranty ?

It's under warranty, just have no idea why.. Could put a hole in my wall with a screw and hold it by one of the CPU cooler mounts, but I don't like looking at empty holes in walls if stuff gets rearranged.

Spoiler

Spoiler

It's under warranty, just have no idea why.. Could put a hole in my wall with a screw and hold it by one of the CPU cooler mounts, but I don't like looking at empty holes in walls if stuff gets rearranged.

What ??? What about an RMA ? Why didn't you go for that ?

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

What ??? What about an RMA ? Why didn't you go for that ?

I tried... :(

Spoiler

Spoiler