How do YOU play Elder Scroll Games?

aidebob

They have so much freedom, how do you use it? Or what's your favorite way of playing?

Mainly Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim, and ESO.

I don't even know how babies come from?

Accidently break the game by getting basically kicked out of Whiterun because I escaped from jail but didn't get all my stuff and I can't go back in without getting attacked

Sally: l Intel i5 4690k | | Corsair H55 | | Zalman z12 plus | | Hitachi 2TB HDD | | Samsung 840 Pro 128 GB | | ASRock Fatal1ty z97 Killer | | Corsair Vengeance 16 GB | | EVGA SuperNova 750 watt | | MSI 390 | | Windows 10| 

Dunmer Battlemage in all games. (Destruction spells and a sword + heavy armor) exept for ESO where i'm using a bow instead of a sword.

I usually do the first quests in the main quest line.(Like up until the Kvatch oblivion gate in Oblivion) Then i'll run around doing side quests until i'm satisfied before doing the main quest. 

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Leave it to a Swedish guy who loves elder scrolls to answer another Swedish guy's elder scrolls question who also loves elder scrolls. At least from what I can tell from your username and profile pic.

I don't even know how babies come from?

I have skyrim with all expansions. the legendary version, played about half an hour. way too boring for me.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

play main story till first city, than do all side quests for that city. rinse and repeat.

The Wannabe is no longer. Replaced by the Flotilla. If you replace every part of a computer is it still the same computer?

Survived the Survivor 2299

Audio Engineer, Lighting Programmer, Video Engineer, FOH.

I have skyrim with all expansions. the legendary version, played about half an hour. way too boring for me.

you barley scratched the surface... but as it pains me to say it, elder scrolls/fallout aint for everyone

The Wannabe is no longer. Replaced by the Flotilla. If you replace every part of a computer is it still the same computer?

Survived the Survivor 2299

Audio Engineer, Lighting Programmer, Video Engineer, FOH.

I also name all my characters "Indoril Nerevar"

If you know why you deserve a cookie No actual cookies will be given

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Keep modding and end up never actually playing the game

i5-4670k @4.2GHz Sapphire Tri-X R9 290 @1135MHz 1600MHz G.Skill RipjawsX 8GB Samsung 840 EVO 120GB Samsung 850 EVO 250GB

Corsair K70 Logitech G502 Proteus Core Logitech G230 Blue Snowball SteelSeries QcK+

YouTube // Steam // Twitter // Facebook // Google+

Mod till you break the game, then delete it, promising yourself that you'll install it again as soon as possible, but you don't get around to it for another six months

CPU -AMD R5 2600X @ 4.15 GHz / RAM - 2x8Gb GSkill Ripjaws 3000 MHz/ MB- Asus Crosshair VII Hero X470/  GPU- MSI Gaming X GTX 1080/ CPU Cooler - Be Quiet! Dark Rock 3/ PSU - Seasonic G-series 550W/ Case - NZXT H440 (Black/Red)/ SSD - Crucial MX300 500GB/ Storage - WD Caviar Blue 1TB/ Keyboard - Corsair Vengeance K70 w/ Red switches/ Mouse - Logitech g900/ Display - 27" Benq GW2765 1440p display/ Audio - Sennheiser HD 558 and Logitech z323 speakers

Play a lone hero character type... and proceed to do a "magic swordsman who knows archery and sneaks around a lot" character build...

then install mods...

Play a lone hero character type... and proceed to do a "magic swordsman who knows archery and sneaks around a lot" character build...

then install mods...

This. Except I start with mods.

I use the stat overhaul so I can't tell you basic armor levels or anything.

I usually play heavy armor 1 handed sword + other hand healing spell. And archery.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

Usually if the game runs fine the first time I play through it with a Warrior class. So basically kill and pillage everything, make some friends, make everyone else enemies.

Then I do some modding if it's available, usually to add more stealth options because most RPG's are always lacking in that category, then I go and do a stealth run stealing anything and everything valuable and only work for myself.

Finally I mod the hell out the game to make it into a whole new one!

And then I get bored and never play it again until a couple years down the line and pick it back up for a month trying to min/max everything, then leave the game for a couple more months and then come back again. Then I pick it back up and the cycle repeats.

Completely immersion breaking, I put a bunch of cheesy anime, female body, and OP equipment mods into the game and just run around blowing shit up.  Though I usually start vanilla, mostly shield+sword warrior.

AD2000x Review  Fitear To Go! 334 Review

Speakers - KEF LSX

Headphones - Sennheiser HD650, Kumitate Labs KL-Lakh

ESO is just a spin-off, doesn't count.

As for canon TES games, I mostly park the main quest before the beginning and just head out into adventure. No real plan, apart from trying to tie up loose ends in an area before moving to the next.

Then I get halfway through making an epic story mod with tons of production value but give up due to being overworked. The only time I had others helping was on Darkshines for Morrowind, and most of them became unavailable, leaving too much unfinished. We also lost most of the work temporarily due to drive failure, which ate up time. Ironically, the follow-up, Darkshines: The Lonely Journey for Oblivion, is the only thing that ever got released, and only in an alpha state.

For the next TES I've resolved to start modding before even playing the game, and both mods will be rolled up into one, but streamlined so it won't be so time consuming. This is why the original Morrowind mod won't be released.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

98hours on my 10th character, trying to think how I haven't played it.

2 handed on the early levels are the most fun.

Bandit: "I'll teach you for coming here"

-smack-

"Looks like team rocket are blasting off again!"

I can never decide what to do so I often just run/walk around for a long while until something catches my attention... then I do that.

So my playstyle is heavy-armoured knight generally. Sword, shield, heavy armour. I also like to throw in some magical elements, in Oblivion I would rotate between destruction and restoration magic, but Skyrim didn't lend itself so well to that because you equip a spell in a hand instead of an additional, unseen slot, which was a step back in my mind because it made magic something easier to forget about (ie, why does a conjuration spell need to take up a hand at all times?).

Really annoying. Does anyone know any mod which changes the handling of magical spells to be more like Oblivion?

What do I do? Well, for Skyrim given the biggest gameplay clip we had been given commenced from right outside the tutorial, I took a stroll down the path for a bit then went off exploring elsewhere, I wanted to see new shit :P

I play

i7 5930k . 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666 DDR4 . Gigabyte GA-X99-Gaming G1-WIFI . Zotac GeForce GTX 980 AMP! 4GB SLi . Crucial M550 1TB SSD . LG BD . Fractal Design Define R2 Black Pearl . SuperFlower Leadex Gold 750w . BenQ GW2765HT 2560x1440 . CM Storm QF TK MX Blue . SteelSeries Rival 
i5 2500k/ EVGA Z68SLi/ FX 8320/ Phenom II B55 x4/ MSI 790FX-GD70/ G.skill Ripjaws X 1600 8GB kit/ Geil Black Dragon 1600 4GB kit/ Sapphire Ref R9 290/ XFX DD GHOST 7770 

Update to how I play

>be a Khajiit

>have everybody hate you

>take up magic

>suck dick at magic

>time for mods

Sally: l Intel i5 4690k | | Corsair H55 | | Zalman z12 plus | | Hitachi 2TB HDD | | Samsung 840 Pro 128 GB | | ASRock Fatal1ty z97 Killer | | Corsair Vengeance 16 GB | | EVGA SuperNova 750 watt | | MSI 390 | | Windows 10| 

I usually give myself 50,000 arrows and then add mods. Same sort of thing with the Fallout games. I give myself a few thousand rounds for the gun I'm using.

I don't like having to play with guns/bows that I don't really want to play with if I have some cooler weapon that requires ammo I don't have.

Sooooo, I guess you could call me a cheater that takes the fun out of the game. Oh well, I play the way that makes the game fun for me. :P

PCPartPicker link: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/R6GTGX

Привет товарищ ))))

Step 1: Spend all the time creating your character.

Step 2: Do a few main quests.

Step 3: Mod the living shit of of the game.

Step 4: Figure out why your game keeps crashing.

Step 5: Fix all the mods of the game.

Step 6: Play the game for the next few hours.

Step 7: Close the game and never touch it again for the next few months

Rinse and repeat. 

Come and join the awesome Official LTT Star Citizen Org at LTT Conglomerat,  GTA 5 LTT Crew at LTT Conglomarate

PC Specs - 4770k - OC 4.5GHz  - GTX 780 SC - 16GB HyperX - NZXT H440 White - Corsair H100i - Corsair AX750 - Samsung Evo 250GB - 2 x PA238Q - ATH-M50 - 

Played since Morrowind and I've always liked to be a Breton with restoration magika, sword and shield. I go with heavy armor most of the time. I've tried a lot of different "classes" but I always come back to being a Breton Paladin/Warrior. 

Using a bow in Skyrim is quite satisfying though..

I have never done anything for the Dark Brotherhood. I just cannot be an assassin.(Although it's quite fun in Dishonored..) 

--Desktop--                                                                 

Vanya                                                              

MSI B550M Pro-VDH WIFI

AMD Ryzen 5600X

Radeon RX 6600TX

G.Skill TridentZ Neo DDR4 3600Mhz  16 x 2

Step 1: Spend all the time creating your character.

Step 2: Do a few main quests.

Step 3: Mod the living shit of of the game.

Step 4: Figure out why your game keeps crashing.

Step 5: Fix all the mods of the game.

Step 6: Play the game for the next few hours.

Step 7: Close the game and never touch it again for the next few months

Rinse and repeat. 

I unfortunately do this too much also... Kinda sucks for how great TES games are. Wish I would play them more often.

--Desktop--                                                                 

Vanya                                                              

MSI B550M Pro-VDH WIFI

AMD Ryzen 5600X

Radeon RX 6600TX

G.Skill TridentZ Neo DDR4 3600Mhz  16 x 2

I like playing them sitting down on my chair in front of my computer. I used to play with some nipple clamps and a gimp dancing on top of the desk but it was too distracting.

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity"

- George Carlin (1937-2008)