Scratch build: Hyperion

Freddieboy

Also I saw this a long time ago, it completely discombobulated me and it looks really clean.

But at the time i didn't have the balls to do a scratch build so now i thaught I'd use this idea, what do you guys think?

7HxMnBE.jpg

92XuOZG.jpg

Images courtesy of egami, Bit-tech forum

Saw that on a prodigy, Looks really clean nice. Go for it, Also if you have any space acrylic use the paint on that first

Steve

Saw that on a prodigy, Looks really clean nice. Go for it, Also if you have any space acrylic use the paint on that first

Gonna have to sleeve some cables, I've only done that very little ;/ I'm going to make them white and red wich is the theme of the build (If you're a retard and can't tell) And I'll Try out spraying a spare piece today!

Gonna have to sleeve some cables, I've only done that very little ;/ I'm going to make them white and red wich is the theme of the build (If you're a retard and can't tell) And I'll Try out spraying a spare piece today!

Yay, Do shrinkless, more aesthitcally pleasing imo

Steve

Yay, Do shrinkless, more aesthitcally pleasing imo

Yep, i too think heatshrinkless looks much better!

Should i do all red or some white, red and mabye gray pattern?

Yep, i too think heatshrinkless looks much better!

Should i do all red or some white, red and mabye gray pattern?

What about for the 24 pin RRWWGGGGWWRR and use that pattern on the rest

Steve

What about for the 24 pin RRWWGGGGWWRR and use that pattern on the rest

I think I'd want some more red, mabye GRRRGWWGRRRG? How do you think that would look?

I think I'd want some more red, mabye GRRRGWWGRRRG? How do you think that would look?

maybe

Steve

IMO I like the look of triple color schemed 24 pin motherboard connectors  :P

Where the h is my acrylic? i should have it by tomarrow but it says it'll take another week ;( I guess shipping a square meter acrylic sheet isn't easy!

Anyway Updates will be out as soon as i get some of the screws and stuff so i can properly mount my motherboard to it.

Where the h is my acrylic? i should have it by tomarrow but it says it'll take another week ;( I guess shipping a square meter acrylic sheet isn't easy!

Anyway Updates will be out as soon as i get some of the screws and stuff so i can properly mount my motherboard to it.

That is a big bit of acrylic :D

Steve

That is a big bit of acrylic :D

Yep  :)  I'll try to work arount that and do things in a special order to try to get the updates out as fast as possible!

Yep :) I'll try to work arount that and do things in a special order to try to get the updates out as fast as possible!

Its funny how its cheaper to order one massive bit of acrylic compared to two smaller peices. How you gonna cut it? Jigsaw?

Steve

Its funny how its cheaper to order one massive bit of acrylic compared to two smaller peices. How you gonna cut it? Jigsaw?

band saw, or whatever it's called in english (It's not my primary language) the big saw with a band as a saw. 

band saw, or whatever it's called in english (It's not my primary language) the big saw with a band as a saw. 

Nice

Steve

• 3 months later...

I'm sooo sorry for the huge delay, I've had a really hard time with finding time for this with school and other stuff! I'm going to try to post a bit more frequently in the future bun no promises...

However I have a small update to the project:

Firstly, I bent the sheet 90 degrees, Also I cut out two of the corners to make holes for the case feet to mount to, this will all make sense later when more updates come out. ;)

The bottom piece of the acrylic looks distorted from the bend in the picture, I don't know why that is but it's really not in real life.

rfIczAT.jpg

T1KkzKg.jpg

9BOFQUj.jpg

Also I got some aluminium pieces, these are to be on parts of the outside for aesthetics.

I know the sanding job is really rough, It's not done yet! ;)

G4zP68N.jpg

"Alltid trevligt med svenskar på forumen!" very nice Custom build going on here m8! looking forward for more Pics =D

i7 4790K@4.5GHz-1.15V, BeQuiet! SR2, Asrock z97e-itx/ac, Kingston  Fury 16GB@1866MHz, GTX 670 2GB, 3x ssdNOW300V 300ishGB, Bitfenix Prodigy, OCZ ZT 750W Twittwit@enRodjavel

"Alltid trevligt med svenskar på forumen!" very nice Custom build going on here m8! looking forward for more Pics =D

Tackar ;) Teasing time, the next part of this project involves soldering and a laptop display! ;)

Tackar ;) Teasing time, the next part of this project involves soldering and a laptop display! ;)

Don't forget to tag me pls :D 

It's not a bug, it's an undocumented feature!

Sounds sick. :lol:  Sub da dub dub dub!

Maybe a display on the sidepanel or on the front?

Thatks! I'm really happy for all the attention this project has recieved!

I'm not going to be doing something that fancy with the displays ;) The case is supposed to be compact and I can't really drive a display from the same pc as in the case because internal display connectors don't exist in consumer components, so I would have to use a second device hooked up to an internal usb port or so for communication with the display. I'm actually using the backlight from displays to get perfectly diffuse and even lighting in the case. I've already extracted one display but not been able to hook it up yet... ;) 

So I guess it's teasing time again huh?!

Crappy laptop, I wants yo screen!

6GuKKKh.jpg

So now I have a display, (wich I'm not going to use.) and a screen backlight wich I think will make great looking light because it diffuses it in a different way than an LED strip, kind of how a softbox works in photography.

5mGWkq9.jpg

And also because it's a CCFL backlight, I need a DC/AC inverter and make the voltage around 500 volts to drive the lamp! It hurts a lot to touch it, don't try this at home.

3C7HQxk.jpg

I declare the teasing time as over!

So I guess it's teasing time again huh?!

Crappy laptop, I wants yo screen!

I declare the teasing time as over!

I think I know where you got that idea heuheuheuh. You gonna go lego bezel?

Steve

I think I know where you got that idea heuheuheuh. You gonna go lego bezel?

No? What were you thinking of? If you wish to tell?