First dirt on the crew!

thekeemo

not necessarily a good thing since it was looking good BUT anyway its apparently locked at 60fps

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

It is locked at 30FPS or 60FPS using a slider, I have first hand experience. I don't desire anything above 45ish so I am fine with 60 though. 

Where would I find a 780 on this list?

Because he had a hard drive.

You can unlock the 60fps, someone said in the comments.

C:\Users\Digital_Storm\Documents\The Crew\PCScalability.xml

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

It is locked at 30FPS or 60FPS using a slider, I have first hand experience. I don't desire anything above 45ish so I am fine with 60 though. 

I cant get 60 on my current build anyway (going to change soon)

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

ehh, 60 is fine with me. 

I cant get 60 on my current build anyway (going to change soon)

I get 60FPS on my 290. 

I get 60FPS on my 290. 

Sweet, was curious about 'user' 290's (even after watching the video)

Is the AA really as bad as I've heard it being...

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

#GTX650 slave race

xD maybe ill have to send you one of my back up cards, expect I think the best I got is a 7870, which is comparable to a 650? 

Locked 60fps is much better than locked 30fps, so I'm not complaining

Setup: i5 4670k @ 4.2 Ghz, Corsair H100i Cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB Ram @ 1600 Mhz, MSI Z87-GD65 Motherboard, Corsair GS700 2013 edition PSU, MSI GTX 770 Lightning, Samsung EVO 120 SSD + 2TB&1TB Seagate Barracudas, BenQ XL2411T Monitor, Sennheiser HD 598 Headphones + AntLion ModMic 4.0

The Crew does have plenty of frame rate drops, so if you can't do solid 60, don't unlock the frame rate.

Desktop: Intel Core i5 2380P (2400 w/o iGPU), MSI H61, 8GB RAM, 256GB SP610, 500GB WD Blue, HIS R9 280, Antec TruePower Classic 550W, Inwin MANA 134, QNIX QX2710, CM QuickFire Rapid, Logitech G402

Laptop: Toshiba Satellite L40D, AMD A6-6310, 6GB RAM, 500GB HDD, Radeon R4 Graphics, 14" 1366x768

Phone: iPhone 6 Space Gray 64GB, T-Mobile $60/mo 3GB plan

xD maybe ill have to send you one of my back up cards, expect I think the best I got is a 7870, which is comparable to a 650? 

650 ~= 6850, which is quite a bit worse then 7870

Desktop: Intel Core i5 2380P (2400 w/o iGPU), MSI H61, 8GB RAM, 256GB SP610, 500GB WD Blue, HIS R9 280, Antec TruePower Classic 550W, Inwin MANA 134, QNIX QX2710, CM QuickFire Rapid, Logitech G402

Laptop: Toshiba Satellite L40D, AMD A6-6310, 6GB RAM, 500GB HDD, Radeon R4 Graphics, 14" 1366x768

Phone: iPhone 6 Space Gray 64GB, T-Mobile $60/mo 3GB plan

Sweet, was curious about 'user' 290's (even after watching the video)

Is the AA really as bad as I've heard it being...

I have not found AA to be terrible, to be honest graphics are very good in my opinion. . 

its about twice as good..

its about twice as good..

Oh wow, in about a month or two it may be up for grabs, if you still have a 650 I may have to get it to you. 

The sound is also horrible, sound like a 90's game

It was so anticlimactic driving the Lamborghini Aventador, i expected more. :(

The sound is a low point all the cars sound extremely similar. 

Since I would more want to play single player . . . . I know the steam store page says single player, but is it actual single player? Also:

- Does it require an internet connection, like all MMO's?

- Is it actually the entire US?

-- Could I drive around like L.A (think L.A Noire) and see the places you could drive (and see) in LAN?

Oh wow, in about a month or two it may be up for grabs, if you still have a 650 I may have to get it to you. 

honestly if you can sell it and send me whatever you can get from it would help me much more since it looks like my computer isnt going to sell for as much as I hoped meaning that ill have to find $170 from somewhere

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K 3.3GHz 6-Core Processor  ($420.98 @ DirectCanada) 
Motherboard: MSI X99S SLI Plus ATX LGA2011-3 Motherboard  ($246.61 @ DirectCanada) 
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws Series 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR4-2133 Memory  ($269.99 @ Newegg Canada) 
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 980 4GB Superclocked ACX 2.0 Video Card  ($626.98 @ Amazon Canada) 
Case: NZXT H440 (White/Black) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($129.99 @ Memory Express) 
Power Supply: EVGA 750W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($114.99 @ Memory Express) 
Total: $1899.53
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-12-07 12:06 EST-0500

or you could buy the parts in the states and drive them over :)

Well that would be a long drive. If i buy parts I'll just buy shipping. I am currently driving a 3500 Chevy so gas would cost more than shipping

Well that would be a long drive. If i buy parts I'll just buy shipping. I am currently driving a 3500 Chevy so gas would cost more than shipping

the build is about $300 cheaper in the states and I would be able to get prettier ram and mobo

the build is about $300 cheaper in the states and I would be able to get prettier ram and mobo

USA version of build http://pcpartpicker.com/p/fmvt4D

It looks really good on ultra and my 970 holds it steady at 60fps. Some cutscenes drop it as low as 45fps but typically that's right at the beginning or end if the scene when loading is occurring. My only complaint is the driving physics don't feel real. But the only thing I can compare it to is Grid 1. I also don't like how sometimes you will bounch off immovable objects instead of coming to a hauling stop.

CM Storm Switch Tester MOD (In-Progress) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/409147-cm-storm-switch-tester-macro-mod/

Ammo Can Speaker 02 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/283826-ammo-can-speakers-02/       A/B Switch V 0.5 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/362417-ab-switch-v0

Build 01 - The Life of a Prodigy -  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/13103-build-01-the-life-of-a-prodigy/             Build 02 - Silent Server 3000 - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/116670-build-02-silent-server-3000/

my 144hz monitor demands more!

MSI X99S SLI PLUS  // Intel Core i7-5960X Processor (8 x 3.0 GHz) // Corsair Hydro Series H80i Cooling // 32 GB DDR4 High End Crucial 2133 MHz RAM

2 x 4096 MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 //2 x 500 GB SATA III Samsung 840 EVO SSD // 4000 GB SATA III, 7200upm // 1000 Watt Silverstone Strider SS //Creative Sound Blaster Z

Cooler Master Cosmos II Big Tower (ATX)