Nintendo win developer of the year award, announces Code Name: S.T.E.A.M.

XTankSlayerX

Yeah they re-release games but at least they work on launch, something companies these days have forgotten how to do

Personal computer master race

-snip-

intendo announced this evening during The Game Awards 2014 that Code Name: S.T.E.A.M. will be released in March.

The game will contain both local and online multiplayer modes and arrives on 3DS March 13

Source: http://www.nintendo-insider.com/2014/12/06/nintendo-win-developer-year-game-awards-2014/

-snip-

Valve is gonna sue the PANTS off somebody xD

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Look, I like games like Mario Kart and Smash, but developer of the year? Really? 

Nintendo doesn't know how to leave their comfort zone. They are the epitome of cashing in on safe bets. Thats not a bad thing, but theres a strong lack of any sort of innovation coming out of their cam, which is pretty amazing given their console competition. 

They make fun games, but really? They remake games that I played 2 decades ago. Nintendo doesn't try to grow up or expand with its fanbases or even attempt to make compelling offerings for everyone. But the "NINTENDO CAN DO NO WRONG" sentiment is sadly strong on the internet, one of those companies that is lazy and stagnated. We give any other company a healthy dose of shit for doing what Nintendo does. FFS, we keep going "DAE COD IS SHITE CAUSE ITS SAME SHITE?!" every single year, yet Nintendo gets a pass? Just cause Mario was a part of your childhood? 

Give me a break. 

I love you man. Explained all of my feelings about Nintendo. People go nuts when I say I don't like them and when I rag on Nintendo hard they get upset and struggle to actually come up with something other than (I'm paraphrasing here) oh look at this game Nintendo is re-releasing.

Spoiler

Cpu: Ryzen 9 3900X – Motherboard: Gigabyte X570 Aorus Pro Wifi  – RAM: 4 x 16 GB G. Skill Trident Z @ 3200mhz- GPU: ASUS  Strix Geforce GTX 1080ti– Case: Phankteks Enthoo Pro M – Storage: 500GB Samsung 960 Evo, 1TB Intel 800p, Samsung 850 Evo 500GB & WD Blue 1 TB PSU: EVGA 1000P2– Display(s): ASUS PB238Q, AOC 4k, Korean 1440p 144hz Monitor - Cooling: NH-U12S, 2 gentle typhoons and 3 noiseblocker eloops – Keyboard: Corsair K95 Platinum RGB Mouse: G502 Rgb & G Pro Wireless– Sound: Logitech z623 & AKG K240

They released Beyonetta 2. So they don't always release the same stuff. The new Zelda game was different to all the other Zelda games. So they don't always do the same thing. Changing up the game is good something Ubi hasn't done to it's franchises ever. I guess there is a reason why Nintendo games haven't died yet and a reason why Ubisofts franchises will probably die off pretty soon if they keep doing the same thing.

They published Bayonetta 2, they didn't develop it.

Spoiler

Cpu: Ryzen 9 3900X – Motherboard: Gigabyte X570 Aorus Pro Wifi  – RAM: 4 x 16 GB G. Skill Trident Z @ 3200mhz- GPU: ASUS  Strix Geforce GTX 1080ti– Case: Phankteks Enthoo Pro M – Storage: 500GB Samsung 960 Evo, 1TB Intel 800p, Samsung 850 Evo 500GB & WD Blue 1 TB PSU: EVGA 1000P2– Display(s): ASUS PB238Q, AOC 4k, Korean 1440p 144hz Monitor - Cooling: NH-U12S, 2 gentle typhoons and 3 noiseblocker eloops – Keyboard: Corsair K95 Platinum RGB Mouse: G502 Rgb & G Pro Wireless– Sound: Logitech z623 & AKG K240

I think his point is that Nintendo asked for it. The studio didn't have money to do a sequel.

The studio was in financial problems.

I think his point is that Nintendo asked for it. The studio didn't have money to do a sequel.

The studio was in financial problems.

Very true, and I do enjoy Nintendo games, but their attempts at making new games that stick never goes down well. When a business is in a situation like that it is very problematic. For some of their new IPs they still rely on older characters in some, but I feel like (my opinion here) they need to create new iconic characters for the new generation of people so that it can stick with them and they can those characters as well as keep on with the classics like Mario, Smash, Metroid etc.

I do like Nintendo games though not gonna like I have fun. Super Mario World was the first game I played and to this day one of my favorite games of all time. I just kinda get of Mario Kart etc. being the real heavy hitters they do change the gameplay, but it does get stale to me.

Spoiler

Very true, and I do enjoy Nintendo games, but their attempts at making new games that stick never goes down well. When a business is in a situation like that it is very problematic. For some of their new IPs they still rely on older characters in some, but I feel like (my opinion here) they need to create new iconic characters for the new generation of people so that it can stick with them and they can those characters as well as keep on with the classics like Mario, Smash, Metroid etc.

I do like Nintendo games though not gonna like I have fun. Super Mario World was the first game I played and to this day one of my favorite games of all time. I just kinda get of Mario Kart etc. being the real heavy hitters they do change the gameplay, but it does get stale to me.

Why do they need to create new iconic characters? The reason Nintendo's characters have done so well for so long is because they continue to be iconic to new generations of kids. It's also very hard to make an iconic character, it's not something you can force. It has to happen naturally. I can't think of all that many characters from the last decade that will still be popular when they're franchises are over 20 years old, the vast majority of the iconic characters are from the 80s and 90s.

In addition, why make a new IP character design for a similar genre game?

Wario early games where exactly like Mario, and didn't do any impact. It was ignored. In the couple years after, they separate the franchise and now people know Wario.

Valve is gonna sue the PANTS off somebody xD

i don't think they have anything to fight here

they don't compete at all, a company can't sue another company for using a word that already existed that has nothing to do with the market you operate in. There are a couple movies called steam, probably books, and likely some things that predate valve's use of the word, i wouldn't be too worried.

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R

i don't think they have anything to fight here

they don't compete at all, a company can't sue another company for using a word that already existed that has nothing to do with the market you operate in. There are a couple movies called steam, probably books, and likely some things that predate valve's use of the word, i wouldn't be too worried.

True, but we'll see. I think it'll depend on whether this new title will retain the word "STEAM" as part of the title. The reason why it could be an issue is that both are part of the video game world, despite one being a platform and the other a game.

But Valve has generally not gone very Lawyer crazy too much in their history, so it'll likely be fine.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

He didn't say Stereoscopic 3D. And how is a TV defining gameplay.

'Twas supposed to be used with the PS3. (The TV allowed the PS3 to use HDMI to the max)

And 3D is 3D considering the quoted post talked about Nintendo being the first in 3D gaming.

5800X3D - RTX 4070 - 2K @ 165Hz

Facepalm* 3D world and characters, not 3D vision. Jesus people...

3D world and characters was with the game I was talking about. 

Completely rendered in 3D. 

3D world and characters was with the game I was talking about. 

Completely rendered in 3D. 

Uh, no, but thanks for playing. 3D illusion, 2D render.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

Uh, no, but thanks for playing. 3D illusion, 2D render.

CoD did not have two planes. Or at least it was not one "3D" plane in front of a background. 

It had it's own 3D parts also, not the simulated 3D (2D render with 3D just slapped on) as on Black Ops 2. 

I never said they deved the game but if they didn't publish it no one would have and the game would have likely never had been made. For all we know anyway.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard