Project Blackout - Fractal Define Mini | Twin 7870 XT | Completed

Akula

Project Blackout

Introducing my very simple plug & play build, no modding, sleeving or any fancy modding, hardly a build-log but regardless it's here.

Originally i had twin 7870 Hawk's although i found the Hawks suffocating as they were far too closed to i sold one.

Might notice the different Corsair Fans, both are incredibly loud, note i have no intention of buying Corsair fans in the future, this isn't isolated to these two fans, all fans within the system are garbage.

Main Components

Fractal Design Define Mini

Corsair AX760i

MSI G45-MA

Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz 8GB

Xigmatek Dark Knight

Intel Ivy 3700k

OCZ Vector 512GB SSD

Western Digital 2TB Black

MSI Radeon 7870 Hawk x 2

Cable management on the backside is nothing to be proud off, and the components are not exactly high end, definitely one of my cheaper builds.

Overall this is a simple build, it was a spur of the moment purchase that i eventually intend to sell to a friend of mine.

387v.jpg

yuwg.jpg

qojj.jpg

sgsy.jpg

Akula  | Dimastech Test Bench | Watercooled | Tri GTX 680's | Build of the Week

Mercury | Caselabs Mercury S3 | Watercooled | GTX Titan | Build of the Week

Armada | Define R4 Titanium | Watercooled | EK Waterblocks | Newest Buildlog

Cool :D Why not take the sticker off if you dont like it? I like the build though

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

Cool :D Why not take the sticker off if you dont like it? I like the build though

Ah honestly wasn't too fussed at the time, was only meant to be a simple build.

I only recently tidied up the case, cables were flying all over the place :o

really nice build i like little builds alot more than big ones very clean.

It looks good with or without the sticker. I like it though. The hint of red and blue is nice.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Yeah, this build is officially awesome! Why do I like clean fractal cases with custom cabling so much?

export PS1='\[\033[1;30m\]┌╼ \[\033[1;32m\]\u@\h\[\033[1;30m\] ╾╼ \[\033[0;34m\]\w\[\033[0;36m\]\n\[\033[1;30m\]└╼ \[\033[1;37m\]'

"All your threads are belong to /dev/null"

| 80's Terminal Keyboard Conversion | $5 Graphics Card Silence Mod Tutorial | 485KH/s R9 270X | The Smallest Ethernet Cable | Ass Pennies | My Screenfetch |

beautiful

CPU: i5 2500k@4.2 MBO: Asrock P67 Extreme4 GPU: Gigabyte GTX 560Ti 1GB RAM: Corsair 8GB 1600 SSD: Samsung 840 Basic 250 HDD: Samsung F3 1TB + WD 2TB Green + WD MyBook 1TB external; ODD: LG BD/DVDRW; PSU: Corsair TX 650
Case: Fractal Define R3 Black Pearl; Mouse/Keyboard Logitech Performance MX + Wireless K800; Monitor: Dell U2311H 

Cheers for the feedback everyone :)

I love the nice stealthy look. Are you sure there's nothing wrong with your particular sp120s or maybe you're running them at high RPM? I've heard nothing but praise about them, one website even found out they were quite a bit more quiet than Noctua NF-F12s at the same CFM. Also TTL uses them in his rig and they're almost silent. I assumed the same would be true for those case fans with similar design but not colour ring.

Gotta say, the Xigmatek CPU cooler looks totally awesome IMO. :)

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

• 3 weeks later...

For goodness sake, keep that AX sticker on. Looks amazing, definitely one of my favorite build logs that I've seen yet.

If I'm guessing right and those are the SP fans with the black ring installed, how loud do they get when idle or under moderate load? I'm thinking about getting a Dark Knight and replacing the fan as well.

• 4 weeks later...

I cant tell, but do you have fans up at the top, Or do you just have two intake fans and then the cpu fans exhausting out the air. Also how much room did you have between the fan on the heatsink and the ram. One last question, that blue led was that coming from the mobo or did you add some lighting?

• 2 months later...

Added a second MSI 7870 XT to the build & replaced the Dark Knight with the Corsair H80i.

Sold this build to a friend on the cheap.

Nothing special, thought id post regardless :)

That looks really cool

Corsair 350d, Asus Gryphon Z87, Intel i5 4670k 4.5 GHz, Corsair H100i, Corsair Vengence 16gb 1600 MHz,

AMD Radeon 260x, Corsair CX600, OCZ Vetex 450 128gb, Seagate 2 TB