Your antivirus software?

msikora

So I'm using Norton Security Suite on both my laptop and desktop, but I don't like it and am going to start looking into alternatives. Someone at Microcenter mentioned a software that was less resource intensive than norton but I cant remember the name.

What do you guys use as your antivirus software?

My Build

Corsair Obsidian 350d // I7-4770k  // Gigabyte GA-Z87MX-D3H  // MSI Gaming N760 TF 2GD5 GeForce GTX 760 // Corsair Vengance (2x8GB) 16GB // Cooler Master Seidon 240m (push-pull) // Corsair SP120 (x2) //1TB WD Blue // 120GB Samsung 840 SSD // Corsair CX600M // Win 8 - Ubuntu - OSX (on the way)

I use Avast.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

I'm using AVG Internet Security, but it's really annoying. Not bothered to change it, to be honest.

"And yet my mind is screaming, provoked in an icy sweat. It’s pleading and begging for a release, scraping the walls of a padded cell, pounding hopelessly at the floors that won’t even deliver the gift of pain."  - Why I Don't Dream Anymore

Avast for me, used to use MSE but found it a bit lacking in in its performance compared to other anti-viruses in some tests i saw online so i switched and i'm quite happy with Avast so far :)

Blue Nebula = CPU: Intel i7 4770K @Stock || CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D14 || RAM: 16GB 1600Mhz Corsair Vengeance LP || GPU: EVGA GTX 780Ti Superclocked @Stock || Mobo: Asus ROG Maximus VI Hero || SSD: 256GB Samsung 840 Pro || HDD: 4x2TB WD Black in Raid10 || PSU: Corsair AX1200i || Case: Coolermaster HAF 932 Advanced || Keyboard: Corsair K70 (MX Blues) || Mouse: Corsair M95 || Mousepad: Razer Goliathus 2013 Extended Speed || Monitors: Eizo Foris FS2333 + Old Samsung monitor || Headset: Beyerdynamic MMX2 || =>My Youtube Gaming Channel<= || =>My Twitch.tv Channel<=

McAfee

<p>Wires Suck :angry:
!fY0|_|(4|\|R34[)7#!5PMM37#3(0[)3:1337 70833|\|73R3[)!|\|49!\/34\|/4Y 4|\|[)93741!f3

Shamefully, I use avast... but now after doing work experience in a computer shop i know Quick Heal is pretty fricken awesome, and now can get it for $20 instead of $60. I hope to be using this on my next refurb of OS.

export PS1='\[\033[1;30m\]┌╼ \[\033[1;32m\]\u@\h\[\033[1;30m\] ╾╼ \[\033[0;34m\]\w\[\033[0;36m\]\n\[\033[1;30m\]└╼ \[\033[1;37m\]'

"All your threads are belong to /dev/null"

| 80's Terminal Keyboard Conversion | $5 Graphics Card Silence Mod Tutorial | 485KH/s R9 270X | The Smallest Ethernet Cable | Ass Pennies | My Screenfetch |

Shamefully, I use avast... but now after doing work experience in a computer shop i know Quick Heal is pretty fricken awesome, and now can get it for $20 instead of $60. I hope to be using this on my next refurb of OS.

Shamefully?

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

I've been using MSE since Windows 7, and now that it comes integrated with Windows 8 made my life even easier :)

Shamefully?

Avast is really bad... I installed it before I knew that. Trust, this guy i did work experience with has been in the computer service industry for years and avast, norton, trent micro, kasperski, avg, they're all crud. 

Quick Heal also has free 24/7 world wide support, they're actually supportive too, not just guys employed to tell you everything is going to be ok, and that they can't do anything (because that's cheaper).

export PS1='\[\033[1;30m\]┌╼ \[\033[1;32m\]\u@\h\[\033[1;30m\] ╾╼ \[\033[0;34m\]\w\[\033[0;36m\]\n\[\033[1;30m\]└╼ \[\033[1;37m\]'

| 80's Terminal Keyboard Conversion | $5 Graphics Card Silence Mod Tutorial | 485KH/s R9 270X | The Smallest Ethernet Cable | Ass Pennies | My Screenfetch |

Avast is really bad... I installed it before I knew that. Trust, this guy i did work experience with has been in the computer service industry for years and avast, norton, trent micro, kasperski, avg, they're all crud. 

You'll need to provide some evidence that Avast is bad. I've used it for years. Not one issue except for that one virus signature update.

Looks like I'll be looking into avast, I believe that's the program recommended to me by the microcenter guys. Thanks for all the replies.

My Build

Corsair Obsidian 350d // I7-4770k  // Gigabyte GA-Z87MX-D3H  // MSI Gaming N760 TF 2GD5 GeForce GTX 760 // Corsair Vengance (2x8GB) 16GB // Cooler Master Seidon 240m (push-pull) // Corsair SP120 (x2) //1TB WD Blue // 120GB Samsung 840 SSD // Corsair CX600M // Win 8 - Ubuntu - OSX (on the way)

Quick Heal also has free 24/7 world wide support, they're actually supportive too, not just guys employed to tell you everything is going to be ok, and that they can't do anything (because that's cheaper).

You sound like an advert. Avast is one of the few AVs that ranks high in real-world protection and performance (along with Bitdefender, Kaspersky, F-Secure, ESET NOD32 and Sophos...None of which are free). Quickheal doesn't even seem to be on there, but on sites it does show up on (VirusBulletin's top 100), it's ranked lower than many AVs, including Avast.

Norton. Thankfully it is not a complete system hog anymore

OS - Windows 8.1 Motherboard - ASUS M5A99FX Pro R2.0 Processor - AMD FX 8350 Black Edition RAM - 16GB 2x8 Crucial Ballistix Sport Graphics Card - Gigabyte Windforce 2 OC GTX 660 Power Supply - Corsair CX750M CPU Cooler - NZXT Kraken X60 Wireless Adapter - ASUS PCE-N15 PCI-E Adapter Fans - x3 Masscool blue LED 120mm Fans Case - Fractal Design Define R4

Monitor - Dell S2230MX 21.5-inch Keyboard - Logitech G105 Mouse - Logitech G602 Speakers - Logitech Z130 Headsets/Headphones - Tt eSports Shock, AKG K240, California Headphones Laredo Phone - iPhone 4S

You sound like an advert. Avast is one of the few AVs that ranks high in real-world protection and performance (along with Bitdefender, Kaspersky, F-Secure, ESET NOD32 and Sophos...None of which are free). Quickheal doesn't even seem to be on there, but on sites it does show up on (VirusBulletin's top 100), it's ranked lower than many AVs, including Avast.

It's just a case of IGN giving a triple A title a good review, how did they pay to get it?

JF1nbTs.jpg

Lol. Do you get what I mean though? Internet security companies aren't run by nice friendly guys, they're run by old business men who couldn't give a shit about your security. Just like ISP's, they just want your money, and they'll use dark alleyway tactics to get it.

I use ESET NOD32 on my computer and laptop. It does what it has to do and I can't complain about it.

New to Star Citizen? Look no further!

avg free here. no problems so far

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Never used an av. Never clicked on "free ipad" links :P If you careful on where u go and what you download you dont need an antivirus.

Intel i5 4670k @4.5 | 16GB Patiot Viper Xtreme | Corsair H100i | MSI Z87 GD65 | Crossfire x2 Asus 7950 Direct CUII

250GB OCZ SSD | LG Bluray RW Drive | 750Watt PSU | Corsair 450D | Corsair K50 | Corsair M40