$799 Asus 4K monitor with IPS panel , 100% sRGB coverage, 10-bit color

ahhming

i would like a 120hz 4k monitor. sadly the only thing capable of doing that most likely is OLED and something  tells me a reasonably priced OLED monitor is still a few years off

27 inch

IPS

10-bit color

100% sRGB coverage

$800

i need new pants

Scarlet KnightIntel Core i3 6100 || Antec A40 Pro CPU Cooler || MSI Z170A Gaming M5 || Kingston HyperX 16GB DDR4-2133MHz || Samsung 850 Evo 120GB || Seagate Barracuda 1TB || Gigabyte G1 Gaming R9 390X 8GB || Seasonic M12II 620W || In Win 503 || Corsair Strafe || Steelseries Kinzu V3 MSI Edition || Dell UltraSharp U2414H || Xiaomi Alumunium Mouse Pad (S)

#Gadget: 

Phone: BlackBerry Classic Q20, Samsung Galaxy Note 4 S-LTE SM-N916S

Console: PlayStation 4 500GB CUH-1206A

Tablet: iPad Air 2 16GB Wi-fi Only

Laptop: MSI GE62 (i7 4720HQ || 8GB DDR3 || NVIDIA GTX960M || Samsung 650 EVO 120GB + 1TB HDD)

In-ear Monitor: Xiaomi Piston 3.0

Now, we need someone to review it and overclock the crap out of it, while testing stability, Asus give one of these to Logan!.

Why they keep making those silly 27-28" 4k monitors when they cant be used and take advantage of the screen realestate at the native resolution..... Make 34" 4k screens so that people who really need the resolution can use them ffs.

Why they keep making those silly 27-28" 4k monitors when they cant be used and take advantage of the screen realestate at the native resolution..... Make 34" 4k screens so that people who really need the resolution can use them ffs.

'cause that is not the point of it.

24inch 4K is the way to go, in fact. Your smart phone higher resolution doesn't give you more real-estate. But it gives you easier to read text, nicer pictures, nicer icons, and so on, giving you a nicer and better experience because of it. That is what we need on the computer space. I see pixels on my Surface Pro 2, despite being over an arm distance, and using 100% default DPI. The PPI is not high enough. My 24inch 1920x1200 is even worst. Text isn't really smooth. Sure it's fine, but a better experience is nice.

28inch 4K monitors tried to be both. I guess its good for mean time that more software are high-DPI aware, but I hope ~28inch will get 5K instead, and 30inch and larger be 8K.

I guess it is because I work with text most of the time, and not watching videos and playing video games that I see it that way. But imagine games in 4K high-DPI aware. The game will look more detailed and nice, and HUD element will be larger, more detailed, and nice looking, and not be infinitely small, or lack of details, and blocky due to the low resolution of the HUD elements.

Price may vary depending on region? Tell my about it, the define R5 costs about 150€ on Amazon.de ...

I wonder how easy it would be to change the controller in this monitor to one that does support variable refresh.

This is one of those times when I wish I had 800$

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

can we please just get some adaptive sync, any resolution, monitors on the shelves already?

preferably 4k

Build: Sister's new build |CPU i5 2500k|MOBO MSI h61m-p23 b3|PSU Rosewill 850w  |RAM 4GB 1333|GPU Radeon HD 6950 2GB OCedition|HDD 500GB 7200|HDD 500GB 7200|CASE Rosewill R5|Status online

Build: Digital Vengeance|CPU i7 4790k 4.8GHz 1.33V|MOBO MSI z97-Gaming 7|PSU Seasonic Xseries 850w|RAM 16GB G.skill sniper 2133|GPU Dual R9 290s|SSD 256GB Neutron|SSD 240GB|HDD 2TB 7200|CASE Fractal Design Define R5|Status online

can we please just get some adaptive sync, any resolution, monitors on the shelves already?

preferably 4k

Add 200$ to the price, are you willing to pay that? Most people already have trouble with 500$.

is 34" 4k the sweet spot ?

For high-DPI? absolutely no

For getting similar PPI than a 24inch standard 1080p monitor? Yea, but it will make 1080p content look like crap (blocky) as 4x 4K pixel, is 1x 1080p pixel? (basically like a TV that you are looking up close) yea

Add $200 to the price, are you willing to pay that? Most people already have trouble with 500$.

i don't get what you're trying to say...

Build: Sister's new build |CPU i5 2500k|MOBO MSI h61m-p23 b3|PSU Rosewill 850w  |RAM 4GB 1333|GPU Radeon HD 6950 2GB OCedition|HDD 500GB 7200|HDD 500GB 7200|CASE Rosewill R5|Status online

Build: Digital Vengeance|CPU i7 4790k 4.8GHz 1.33V|MOBO MSI z97-Gaming 7|PSU Seasonic Xseries 850w|RAM 16GB G.skill sniper 2133|GPU Dual R9 290s|SSD 256GB Neutron|SSD 240GB|HDD 2TB 7200|CASE Fractal Design Define R5|Status online

i don't get what you're trying to say...

Nvidia G-Sync and AMD FreeSync cost money to implement, at around an estimated 200$ for the consumer.

Most consumers don't see in the value of cashing out an additional 200$ (even if it's 150$) for this feature on a monitor

How is MS Windows 10 scaling does anybody know?

If they don't fix it then I can see no point in buying a 4k display. Right now you get such a high PPI with 4k that you can't see make out anything on the screen and the current state of Windows scaling is pitiful. If this doesn't get fixed then I'd be pretty pissed if I bought a 4k display.

Rig: i7 2600K @ 4.2GHz, Larkooler Watercooling System, MSI Z68a-gd80-G3, 8GB G.Skill Sniper 1600MHz CL9, Gigabyte GTX 670 Windforce 3x 2GB OC, Samsung 840 250GB, 1TB WD Caviar Blue, Auzentech X-FI Forte 7.1, XFX PRO650W, Silverstone RV02 Monitors: Asus PB278Q, LG W2243S-PF (Gaming / overclocked to 74Hz) Peripherals: Logitech G9x Laser, QPad MK-50, AudioTechnica ATH AD700

How is MS Windows 10 scaling does anybody know?

Currently, there is nothing done. It still uses Windows 8 scaling engine.

If they don't fix it then I can see no point in buying a 4k display. Right now you get such a high PPI with 4k that you can't see make out anything on the screen and the current state of Windows scaling is pitiful. If this doesn't get fixed then I'd be pretty pissed if I bought a 4k display.

Windows 8 engine is excellent, with high-DPI aware applications. It does a fantastic job. For non compatible software, sure it scales things like a picture and makes things blurry, but sure beats Windows 7 engine (based on XP), which just makes the font and buttons bigger, making text cut and some UI elements (depending on how the GUI of the program was made) impossible or difficult to use.

High DPI aware programs are growing slowly. FileZilla is ready, Adobe is in the works, I think they have PhotoShop already high-DPI ready so the rest should follow soon, Microsoft Visual Studio, Web Matrix, IE11, and many more from Microsoft are.

Firefox, Chrome are kinda-ish there, still works needs to be done on both.

Windows 10 is expected to support 8K displays natively.

Oh please Win 10 get your scaling down and ready and I will buy this in a heart beat