Welcome to Canada

Excon

So its just barely December and in my secluded part of the word we're already seeing -40c (fun fact: -40c is exactly -40f) at night and well into the morning, warming slightly around mid day then back to -40.

For reference where I live:

acaec6f204.jpg

I have never meet anyone online who lives anywhere near here because it is that low of a population density

For perspective of what this winter wonder land looks like as of about 10 minutes ago

41ecd9d063.jpg

snoooooow

so cool

i want snow in the UK :(

"Sulit" (adj.) something that is worth it

i7 8700K 4.8Ghz delidded / Corsair H100i V2 / Asus Strix Z370-F / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200 / EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB & 250GB - Crucial MX300 M.2 525GB / Fractal Design Define S / Corsair K70 MX Reds / Logitech G502 / Beyerdynamic DT770 250Ohm

SMSL SD793II AMP/DAC - Schiit Magni 3 / PCPP

Old Rig

i5 2500k 4.5Ghz | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | Zotac GTX 980 AMP! Extreme | Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB 1866MHz

Nice.. It's like 0 degrees C and everyone is already complaining about how cold it is :P

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

You spelled the last spoiler (you said spolier) wrong therefore it does not work. Sucks to be you though with all that cold lol

By the looks of it we have more snow then you in Sherwood Park.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

So its just barely December and in my secluded part of the word we're already seeing -40c (fun fact: -40c is exactly -40f) at night and well into the morning, warming slightly around mid day then back to -40.

Damn son.  And I thought we had it bad here in southern Ontario.

QUOTE ME OR I PROBABLY WON'T SEE YOUR RESPONSE 

My Setup:

Desktop

Spoiler

CPU: Ryzen 9 3900X  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15  Motherboard: Asus Prime X370-PRO  RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 @3200MHz  GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 FTW3 ULTRA (+50 core +400 memory)  Storage: 1050GB Crucial MX300, 1TB Crucial MX500  PSU: EVGA Supernova 750 P2  Chassis: NZXT Noctis 450 White/Blue OS: Windows 10 Professional  Displays: Asus MG279Q FreeSync OC, LG 27GL850-B

Main Laptop:

Spoiler

Laptop: Sager NP 8678-S  CPU: Intel Core i7 6820HK @ 2.7GHz  RAM: 32GB DDR4 @ 2133MHz  GPU: GTX 980m 8GB  Storage: 250GB Samsung 850 EVO M.2 + 1TB Samsung 850 Pro + 1TB 7200RPM HGST HDD  OS: Windows 10 Pro  Chassis: Clevo P670RG  Audio: HyperX Cloud II Gunmetal, Audio Technica ATH-M50s, JBL Creature II

Thinkpad T420:

Spoiler

CPU: i5 2520M  RAM: 8GB DDR3  Storage: 275GB Crucial MX30

Down in michigan its about 30f or 0c outside :P

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

- 40 Celsius?  Eh glad I don't live in that part of Ontario.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

That looks pretty damn cool

Get it?

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

snoooooow

so cool

i want snow in the UK :(

No we don't. If we get snow, the entire country will grind to a halt because they weren't prepared for it, and the equipment won't work because it's the "wrong type of snow"

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

Can't really understand OP, since I live in a tropical country, and thus I've never seen let alone experience snow in my entire life. Lowest temperature I've experienced was 19°C, and I was freezing to death. I can't imagine how hard it must be to live in a -40°C environment.

sHTLj6G.jpg

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Can't really understand OP, since I live in a tropical country, and thus I've never seen let alone experience snow in my entire life. Lowest temperature I've experienced was 19°C, and I was freezing to death. I can't imagine how hard it must be to live in a -40°C environment.

Freezing? That's almost room temperature for us(normal is 20-22), my room I like to keep around 14

Freezing? That's almost room temperature for us(normal is 20-22), my room I like to keep around 14

LOL I was about to mention that. Some people put their AC in the summer to 20C.

“The value of a college education is not the learning of many facts but the training of the mind to think”

Wow Canada is so beautiful, what clothing do you wear at those temperatures?

The lowest temperature I have ever experienced was -15°C

Damn, that's in the middle of nowhere. How much snow do you get though?

Hard to say exactly, Depending on the exact location, anywhere from 1-3 meters

Wow Canada is so beautiful, what clothing do you wear at those temperatures?

The lowest temperature I have ever experienced was -15°C

Depends on what Im doing, Heading to work/school or doing stuff around town I wear a jeans, thin sweater and this:

76ad67fb6b.jpg

If I'm out riding my sled doing 100mph across the lake in -40 with wind chills reaching below -80 I wear: Balaclava, Full face helmet, Neck warmer, Thick sweater with hood curled up tight behind helmet and zipped right up, the same jacket zipped right up, fleece long underwear, snow pants, and boots that weigh like 7 lbs each and go up to my knees

Depends on what Im doing, Heading to work/school or doing stuff around town I wear a jeans, thin sweater and this:

I am wearing this http://www.thenorthface.co.uk/tnf-uk-en/men-s-highland-jacket/p88436.html?___store=tnf-uk-en&___from_store=tnf-de-de a fleece jacket and a t-shirt at 0°C :D

Surprisingly Montreal's been pretty warm this year. We've had some snow but for the most part its all melted. Right now we're in the above -10° range. Just hope it snows a little for Christmas.