The Micro Beast - Ncase M1 build!

the pokemon kid

I have already bought the SX600-G. The PSU is so small!

Oh sorry, my bad. yeah I know I took some photo's of my parts last night (uploading shortly) and it's the same height and width as my iPhone 5C...

Oh sorry, my bad. yeah I know I took some photo's of my parts last night (uploading shortly) and it's the same height and width as my iPhone 5C...

I got a packet of 10p Haribo sweets and it is about the same hight as it! It is very very small!

So this is  a very interesting reply from SilverStone

I asked them what they would warrant when I questioned them about noise from the SX600-G

Haha what?? So if you can hear it further than 12" they wont replace it?

:)

wiYmG6Y.jpg

that is thing is minuscule 

I done been through a whole lot. Trial, tribulations, but I know God - Kendrick Lamar

I question your mother's upbringing if you don't like me - Action Bronson

You apocalyptic dingleberry - James 'Captain Slow' May

So this is  a very interesting reply from SilverStone

I asked them what they would warrant when I questioned them about noise from the SX600-G

attachicon.gif SST.JPG

I heard that some of the units have an issue with them. I believe that there is two versions of this. I have the V1 which some of the PSU's have a defect with where they wont spin down to a normal speed, they just spin at full all the time... So I am hoping I don't need to send it back!

Oh @The pokemon kid when is the ncase m1 going to be delivered? 

It has been posted but NCase are waiting for the postal service to send them all the tracking numbers... I am hoping it will be delivered this side of Xmas!

I also have some small news. The Micro SATA adapter turned up today for the Blu-ray drive... It was the wrong damn one though! I needed a mini SATA adapter... However, there is a company just down the road from where I work which manufacturers these so I will go grab one!

Also, I haven't yet received the heatshrink for me to finish off my cables! Until that comes, I cannot finish braiding the cables up for it...

Well I got some close up filters yesterday and I wanted to try them out today! Here are some pictures of my parts!

16056305862_ffe1762136_z.jpg

Mobo, CPU and RAM by Mat Teague, on Flickr

15434700774_56273112ef_z.jpg

Wifi Card by Mat Teague, on Flickr

16056284492_3f3713549a_z.jpg

Corsair Dominator Platinums 16gb by Mat Teague, on Flickr

15871202817_8a186bfdcd_z.jpg

Asus Z97i-Pro by Mat Teague, on Flickr

16054997811_4fbcfd5e47_z.jpg

Crucial MX100 256gb by Mat Teague, on Flickr

16054987591_264ca3a9ff_z.jpg

Silverstone SST-SX600-G by Mat Teague, on Flickr

15870873999_41e7506e50_z.jpg

Silverstone SST-SX600-G by Mat Teague, on Flickr

15437266613_91bbefd379_z.jpg

GTX 970 by Mat Teague, on Flickr

15869628380_cca8346c13_z.jpg

15869449728_372a39a83b_z.jpg

16056891635_9e56655b97_z.jpg

16054925681_dbfb4408eb_z.jpg

15871111567_16a0be9790_z.jpg

Still waiting on the heatshrink to sort these out!

15871101177_6335ee4409_z.jpg

Braided Cable by Mat Teague, on Flickr

15437193853_379ba1f2ea_z.jpg

Cable braid by Mat Teague, on Flickr

The heat shrink has finally turned up after waiting ages!
15899632048_11c69a72bf_z.jpg

Heatshrink by Mat Teague, on Flickr

I have now finished the 8Pin EPS cable and have moved onto the 24Pin. The only cable I am worried about is the two 6 pin cables as they are passthrough cables and will involve me doing a bit of cable splicing...

The E22 cable clips turned up as well and I have added them to the cables as I am building them, makes things a lot more manageable!

16061285886_9b2123eae3_z.jpg

8pin EPS by Mat Teague, on Flickr

The Case tracking info has arrived. The package was sent out on the 19th and will take about a week to get here. However NCase has upgrade a few peoples postage and I am hoping mine has been too...

Liking the build, I love the M1 , hopefully I get to do a build in one at some point.

They have still got stock of the case! You could still order one and buy the parts later... The cases dont come up for sale often...

Buy yourself a new one and just keep it til you are ready :D

One more post till you're at 500 ;) member title here you come 

This is looking very nice, i like the components and that PSU, i am going to look into that one as doing a m-itx build myself right now and getting simular m/board but the Z87 version.

good job.

got to love Asus components

Subbing, love the ncase m1 and can't wait to see another build in it. Especially one with such a "manli" card in it (sorry, had to make the pun)

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

Great looking so far!

Off-topic - your pictures have odd DOF

One more post till you're at 500 ;) member title here you come 

Ding ding ding ding ding 500 posts! :D:D:D:D

This is looking very nice, i like the components and that PSU, i am going to look into that one as doing a m-itx build myself right now and getting simular m/board but the Z87 version.

good job.

The PSU is great! I have been braiding the 24 pin today and it has been very easy in comparison my RM PSU... The cables are laid out so much nicer instead of just everywhere!

Subbing, love the ncase m1 and can't wait to see another build in it. Especially one with such a "manli" card in it (sorry, had to make the pun)

It is a pretty Manli card! The things is huge! nearly twice the length of the motherboard!

Great looking so far!

Off-topic - your pictures have odd DOF

Thanks, They have an odd DOF because I am using my 50mm f/1.2 with a +2 close up filter... Only way I can get decent detail of the stuff!