The Micro Beast - Ncase M1 build!

the pokemon kid

The case has been dispatched from customs in the UK and I have just come off the phone to the delivery company, I will be receiving it before midday tomorrow! I cant wait now!! 

Also, the mini SATA power cable is coming tomorrow also, so I will braid that up and get it into the case asap!

Damn I just noticed how rich you must be :P The camera equipment you have is like worth more than my car. 

What are the L lenses you have so far?

Did you get the 5d Mark 3 yet?

Do you do any professional work? 

Damn I just noticed how rich you must be :P The camera equipment you have is like worth more than my car. 

What are the L lenses you have so far?

Did you get the 5d Mark 3 yet?

Do you do any professional work? 

Haha, I wwouldn't exactly say that I am rich. Just been saving my money for a very long time before making purchases is all...

I have got the Canon 8-15mm fisheye f/4 L, Tokina 10-17mm fisheye, Canon 17-40mm f/4 L, Canon 50mm f/1.2 and the Canon 135mm f/2.

Na, I haven't bought it yet. I am going to save some money for that, going to be saving a lot less for a while for camera/ computer stuff as I am going to be saving for a deposit on a house!

Well I am head of press for a local (relatively large) festival and I have done a fair amount of promotional work for local bands... I have also done a small amount of work for RideBMX...

Nice cant wait to see it come together. I should be delidding weekend after this one coming and then building into the NCASE finally

I just cant wait to finally have the case! It has been three months since I pre ordered the case! I am too worried about delidding my processor. It was running fairly cool without it, so I wont bother...

I just cant wait to finally have the case! It has been three months since I pre ordered the case! I am too worried about delidding my processor. It was running fairly cool without it, so I wont bother...

Im thinking of getting the Sigma 18-70 f2.8.

yes I waited about the same amount of time for my case to arrive. I have had some luck with my CPU getting to 5.0ghz on 1.285vcore. Temps are around 85grees under a synth test with 7 degrees variation between the cores. It doesn't need to be delidded like my 3770k did but, i'll take whatever I can get :)

Im thinking of getting the Sigma 18-70 f2.8.

yes I waited about the same amount of time for my case to arrive. I have had some luck with my CPU getting to 5.0ghz on 1.285vcore. Temps are around 85grees under a synth test with 7 degrees variation between the cores. It doesn't need to be delidded like my 3770k did but, i'll take whatever I can get :)

Some of the sigma lenses are quite nice, I owned the 24-70mm they do, but decided to go down the full prime route... so I sold it to help pay for the 135mm

I have got my 4770k in my other rig running at 4.7ghz off 1.19v on all cores (also got it running adaptive voltages instead of a static voltage). never pushed it to see exactly how far it could go... maybe one day I will see if I can join the 5ghz club :D

Some of the sigma lenses are quite nice, I owned the 24-70mm they do, but decided to go down the full prime route... so I sold it to help pay for the 135mm

I want the Canon L, but the Sigma is $600 compared to $2000 for the Canon...

Haha, I wwouldn't exactly say that I am rich. Just been saving my money for a very long time before making purchases is all...

I have got the Canon 8-15mm fisheye f/4 L, Tokina 10-17mm fisheye, Canon 17-40mm f/4 L, Canon 50mm f/1.2 and the Canon 135mm f/2.

Na, I haven't bought it yet. I am going to save some money for that, going to be saving a lot less for a while for camera/ computer stuff as I am going to be saving for a deposit on a house!

Well I am head of press for a local (relatively large) festival and I have done a fair amount of promotional work for local bands... I have also done a small amount of work for RideBMX...

Good stuff man :D

Love me some NCase builds, looks very promising :) 

Bleigh!  Ever hear of AC series? 

I want the Canon L, but the Sigma is $600 compared to $2000 for the Canon...

They are well worth the money though! I have upgrade through sigma lenses to get to Canon ones where I am now very happy!

*reserved*

ooooo Whats this reserved for?

Love me some NCase builds, looks very promising :)

Thanks! I cant wait for the case to turn up now! Hoping it will be at home tonight...

Update: No one was home for the delivery driver so I got left one of those damn little "you weren't at home" notes. However, I know the owner of the local post office and he got the package dropped off there. He rang me immediately and now I have got someone collecting the package for me before the post office closes! Feewwwwww!

So... I should have the case this evening so that I can take some pictures are get ready to start building into it...

Well, I finally got the case after having to go to a few depots...

15613007713_22d7cb1456_z.jpg

Another package by Mat Teague, on Flickr

16046994797_b87ce06696_z.jpg

Presenting the NCase M1 V3 by Mat Teague, on Flickr

Get subbed! There is loads more pictures still to come!

There will be some photos up tomorrow night of the case! Going to start building the computer tomorrow also!

Side note: My previous build Brenda is in for the featured build log competition! Keep an eye out for it and if you can, drop it a vote! I would love to see the build on the WAN show!

Aside from tiny, what are you going to be using this PC for?

Just a guy who peaked at building back in the days of the GTX 980. If you see me here, assume i have technical knowledge akin to a committed hobbyist builder back then. If something's changed, you'll need to tell me(nicely plz). I'm probably asking for help with the modern build scene since I have no clue what's going on.

Aside from tiny, what are you going to be using this PC for?

I use my current media computer for some gaming on the TV. I like to play driving games with a remote, However my current machine doesn't have the horse power I want... Seeing as my main rig is very powerful! So I decided to make myself a new, more powerful, smaller and quieter media/ gaming rig.

Lots of pictures taken, the build is now complete! I haven't taken any of the build process as I nearly lobbed the whole thing out the window at one point! whoever said a H100i fits in this case was clearly bending the truth a bit...

whoever said a H100i fits in this case was clearly bending the truth a bit...

hm? there are many build done with a h100i, and I had a h60i in my M1.

you just have to plan a bit ahead in terms of tube bending...

Mini-Desktop: NCASE M1 Build Log
Mini-Server: M350 Build Log

hm? there are many build done with a h100i, and I had a h60i in my M1.

you just have to plan a bit ahead in terms of tube bending...

I mean, this is an unbelievable tight fit! It is in there, but there was some strain to get it in there! I wish that Corsair would allow you to cut the tubing down to a size that fits or have them sizeable! Would allow much more room in cases like this...