Watercooling anxiety of tubing popping off

Hi I just got a new GPU with an aftermarket cooler, the G1 gtx 970. After playing a game for a few hours my case gets really warm. I have a custom loop atm cooling only the cpu as I am waiting for the g1 block to come out. Now I know when the tubing gets warm it will start warping, I have this anxiety that one of the tubing will pop off from my fittings because of the warp. Does this really ever happens to anyone or I'm just having an anxiety?

What kind of fittings?

How will it pop out?  You just plug the tubing to the ends and let it be?  No mounting mechanism or locks?

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

Do you have barbs or compressions

Main Gaming PC (new): HP Omen 30L || i9 10850K || RTX 3070 || 512GB WD Blue NVME || 2TB HDD, 4TB HDD, 8TB HDD ||  750W P2 ||  16GB HyperX Black DDR4

Main Gaming PC (old, still own) : Intel Core i7 7700K @5.0Ghz || GPU: GTX 1080 Seahawk EK X || Motherboard: Maximus VIII Impact || Case: Fractal Design Define Nano S || RAM : 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 

Cooling: EK XRES D5 100mm || Alphacool ST30 280mm w/ Vardars || Alphacool ST30 240mm w/ Vardars || Swiftech 3/8 x 1/2'' Lok-Seal Compressions || Swiftech EVGA Hydrocopper Block || Primochill Advanced LRT Orange || Distilled Water

Folding@Home Rig: 2x X5690s @4.6Ghz || GPUs: 2x Radeon HD 7990 || Motherboard: EVGA SR-2 || Case: Corsair 900D || RAM: 48GB Corsair Dominator GT 2000Mhz CL9

Ethereum Mining Rig: Pentium G4400 || Gigabyte Z170X-UD5 TH || 2x GTX 1060s (Samsung & Hynix) 1x GTX 1070 (Micron), 2x RX480s BIOS modded (Samsung), 1x R9 290X 8GB, 1x GTX 1660 Super = ~ 195 Mh/s

Peripherals: 3x U2412M (5760x1200), 1x U3011 (2560x1600) || Logitech G710 (Cherry Blues) || Logitech G600 || Brainwavz HM5 with @Gofspar Mod 

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 || "Infinity Edge" 4K IPS Screen || i7 7700HQ || GTX 1050 || 16GB 2400Mhz RAM 

Barbs and locking fittings are made to hold the tube in place. Nothing to worry about as long as you have them installed (properly)

60FPS Microwave

Intel Core i5-4670K | Galax GTX 970 EXOC | ASRock Z97E-ITX/ac | Team Elite 8GB 1600MHz | Gelid Black Edition | Samsung slowdown + WD Blue 1TB x2 | Cooler Master V550 | Corsair K65 + Logitech G100s | MasterCase Pro 3

If you properly installed your tubing they will not pop off.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Ya trust everyone in when they are saying that your tubing will not pop off if installed correctly. I have barbs at the moment but I'm going to install compressions soon. If you want to make sure they don't pop out, then get compressions,

Just think about how hard it was to get on!

I know for me (with compression fittings) even without the compression ring on, it takes A LOT of effort to remove tubing from a barb during maintenance.  Although hot tubing is softer than usual, it's not hot enough to matter.

What force is trying to remove the tubing? and don't say water pressure...

2x GTX780 (@1.29ghz) | 2x 840evo 250GB raid0 | i5 4690k (@4.7ghz) | Watercooled Modded H440 Build Log: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/255872-project-whiteout-v20-h440-watercooled-3xradiators-10-fans

What kind of fittings?

Do you have barbs or compressions

I have the bitspower fittings and also a couple of bitspower rotary 3/8 by 1/2 inch. I also cut the tubing with tube cutter so the tip is straight as possible. What a relief hearing this would not happen

Just think about how hard it was to get on!

I know for me (with compression fittings) even without the compression ring on, it takes A LOT of effort to remove tubing from a barb during maintenance.  Although hot tubing is softer than usual, it's not hot enough to matter.

What force is trying to remove the tubing? and don't say water pressure...

I've seen a couple of forums where the tubing magically popped off and coolant all over the top of the gpu. But I forgot if he was using compression or barbs. The forum was posted in 2011 tho. And ur right when I tried to screw in the tubing with the compression collar it took a lot of force. But also do you need to tighten the collar every month?

I've seen a couple of forums where the tubing magically popped off and coolant all over the top of the gpu. But I forgot if he was using compression or barbs. The forum was posted in 2011 tho. And ur right when I tried to screw in the tubing with the compression collar it took a lot of force. But also do you need to tighten the collar every month?

I believe the general rule is say a week after installation, try to tighten them more. Then leave it from then on. I haven't really bothered to do this though.

A tube could pop off, this can happen if a tubing bend is too aggressive, the tube wasn't pushed completely onto the barb, and the compression fitting is loose.

Although It is VERY RARE! Effectively all 3 of these would be required to cause a failure like that, a perfect storm...

2x GTX780 (@1.29ghz) | 2x 840evo 250GB raid0 | i5 4690k (@4.7ghz) | Watercooled Modded H440 Build Log: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/255872-project-whiteout-v20-h440-watercooled-3xradiators-10-fans

Lol he probably just didn't install it correctly...

Current PC build: [CPU: Intel i7 8700k] [GPU: GTX 1070 Asus ROG Strix] [Ram: Corsair LPX 32GB 3000MHz] [Mobo: Asus Prime Z370-A] [SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 500GB primary + Samsung 860 Evo 1TB secondary] [PSU: EVGA SuperNova G2 750w 80plus] [Monitors: Dual Dell Ultrasharp U2718Qs, 4k IPS] [Case: Fractal Design R5]

you will be fine i dont even use clamps on mine though i am using a 7/16 tube on a 1/2 inch barbs

lives on

BAKABT