PC Fanboys Are Annoying

SteepGnomeKing

It is starting to get annoying whenever there is a topic about consoles that people do not add anything except "screw consoles pc ftw"

I get it this is a PC focused forum but seriously, you do nothing to add to the conversation. I get it you don't like consoles for one reason or another but saying this doesn't do anything. These consoles have some pretty nice features and millions of people buy them.

The same with Apple products. It seems there can not be a conversation about anything apple without someone coming in and saying overpriced, hipster, stupid, hackintosh, pc ftw. You are not doing anything productive. Than the conversation just spirals from there with people agreeing or disagreeing arguing over something that wasn't even about the main topic.

The same with Android. Why does everyone only want one product to exist and everything else fail? Because that makes for good business.

People seem to hate fan boys but they themselves are very closed minded towards anything other than pc microsoft/linux. These other things exist because other people have other needs. Not everyone needs/wants a PC. People want something simple like a console. They don't care about having to build a PC and set everything up. They want something simple that is ready to go. Not everyone needs to be a "true gamer" (what ever that means) and build a PC.

Sager NP9370EM - I7 3630QM - 680m 1045Mhz - 8gb 1600mhz ram - 240gb msata 750gb hdd

Well I agree its annoying but at the same time as long as they elaborate more as to why its bad or stupid then it kind of does help the conversation. That way maybe someone who is reading the thread who wants to buy that product may also have another point of view as to the downfalls of that product.

It's preference - this is a PC focused forum. Expect bias. Some people like Apple here. Some people don't. Some people like Android here. Some people don't. Also, consoles aren't really "ready to go" anymore. Xbox One requires you to install games to your hard drive. That's not ready to go. What about system updates? Yup. Need to download those and install those. Consoles are not as simple as they used to be. I.E. PS2, PS1, Original Xbox, etc.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Please save your rant for a blog, this forum has one if you look hard enough.

export PS1='\[\033[1;30m\]┌╼ \[\033[1;32m\]\u@\h\[\033[1;30m\] ╾╼ \[\033[0;34m\]\w\[\033[0;36m\]\n\[\033[1;30m\]└╼ \[\033[1;37m\]'

"All your threads are belong to /dev/null"

| 80's Terminal Keyboard Conversion | $5 Graphics Card Silence Mod Tutorial | 485KH/s R9 270X | The Smallest Ethernet Cable | Ass Pennies | My Screenfetch |

I agreed with you, I think everyone should have their own opinion on things, but going round and basically calling people idiots is a bit much because they like the product.

I was going to do a rant myself but I was putting it off because I wasn't in the mood for it. It's pretty much sums it up.

Lol typical. It is the facts, if people don't like facts how have you survived?

FX8120 @ 5.0GHz | Sabertooth 990FX | Patriot Viper Xtreme 8GB @ 2133MHz | Powercolor HD7950 @ 1300/1800 | Bitfenix Shinobi XL Modded | Corsair AX850 | Mushkin 120GB & Seagate 2TB | Bitfenix Recon | 5X SP120 PE | 6X Yate Loon 120mm HS

Koolance 200 Res | 2X Koolance 360 Rads | Danger Den CPX Pro | EK 7950 Block | Koolance CPU Block | Bitspower & XSPC Fittings

Green Machine

People like to act and feel as tho they belong to something, a "special" club or group. They also like to fight and bash other groups on forums, as if it means or changes anything - ever.

Your opionion is exactly what it is - yours, it doesnt really change a dam thing.

I don't know why people think or even care, why cant we all just play games on any platform and enjoy the "game"

Nobody knows or cares if your CPU hit 600Ghz. People like to bitch - cars, clothes, gaming platform, is what drives the internet almost.

The amount of people who say stuff like that are a minority if you were to see the whole population of people who own either a console or a PC. I am pretty sure that if asked, most people on either side would give a developed and justified answer as to why one or the other is better. Not everyone is a 12 year old behind a keyboard you know :P

PC in Profile

It is starting to get annoying whenever there is a topic about consoles that people do not add anything except "screw consoles pc ftw"

I get it this is a PC focused forum but seriously, you do nothing to add to the conversation. I get it you don't like consoles for one reason or another but saying this doesn't do anything. These consoles have some pretty nice features and millions of people buy them.

The same with Apple products. It seems there can not be a conversation about anything apple without someone coming in and saying overpriced, hipster, stupid, hackintosh, pc ftw. You are not doing anything productive. Than the conversation just spirals from there with people agreeing or disagreeing arguing over something that wasn't even about the main topic.

The same with Android. Why does everyone only want one product to exist and everything else fail? Because that makes for good business.

People seem to hate fan boys but they themselves are very closed minded towards anything other than pc microsoft/linux. These other things exist because other people have other needs. Not everyone needs/wants a PC. People want something simple like a console. They don't care about having to build a PC and set everything up. They want something simple that is ready to go. Not everyone needs to be a "true gamer" (what ever that means) and build a PC.

welcome to life, my name is hypocritical loner, how are you this evening? please leave me alone now i'm right.

says people on the interwebs.

People will enjoy what they enjoy and that's the end of it. TRUTH IS... PC tech is way more advanced than console tech and it always will be. That's the truth and that's why I love PC's more. Doesnt mean i'll go bashing the consoles... People will be idiots everywhere you go. Take a look at the music industry.. That's FUBAR'd so bad its insane.

Motherboard - ASUS P6X58D-E Processor - Intel i7 930 Bloomfield OC'd @ 4.01Ghz, 1.28v | RAM - 12GB Corsair Dominator @ 8-8-8-12, 1600mhz | Graphics Card - EVGA Geforce GTX660 SC 3GB @ +75mhz core, +500mhz mem | Power Supply - Seasonic X650 Gold

CPU Cooler, Fans - Corsair H-90 w/ Noctua FN14 push/pull, Gelid Wings UV Blue  | Case - Fractal Design Arc MIDI R2 |

it's kinda lame that in the console section of this forum there is a sticky with reasons people should switch to pc. I choose to game on pc myself but there is no need to get all religious about it. We are all gamers after all.

it's kinda lame that in the console section of this forum there is a sticky with reasons people should switch to pc. I choose to game on pc myself but there is no need to get all religious about it. We are all gamers after all.

There are plenty of good reasons why gaming on a PC is better than console. Real reasons. Reasons though you may not care about.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Sticky obviously made my an immature administrator right from r/PCMasterRace.

PC Circlejerkery is obviously going to happen here, it is a PC forum after all.

Having an opinion is fine. Having and ill-informed, unfounded, uneducated, irrational opinion is not.

Laptop Lenovo Thinkpad X220 - CPU: i5 2420m - RAM: 8gb - SSD: Samsung 830 - IPS screen Peripherals Monitor: Dell U2713HM - KB: Ducky shine w/PBT (MX Blue) - Mouse: Corsair M60

Audio Beyerdynamic DT990pro headphones - Audioengine D1 DAC/AMP - Swan D1080-IV speakers

It's obvious us pc people hate on consoles , it's probably because greedy developers make the console game first , and then they port it to pc . If pc wouldn't have to stay behind , and get ubercool max graphics , and console their shitty 720p 30fps low quality games , there would be no fight. There's a reason we "fanboy" , yo get console people over to PC . And console to become the lesser market. And the new xbox is doing exactly thats , it's so shitty people will have to go towards PC or ps4.

fan is short for fanatic.  Pretty much fans of anything can be annoying.  

Most fanboys for anything are annoying. PC fanboys are definitely not the most annoying or common either.

fan is short for fanatic.  Pretty much fans of anything can be annoying.  

Yankees 

Spurs

Heat

Bo Sox

(Every other bandwagoner) 

Apple

Christians

Muslims

Mormans

Obama administration

Anti - Obama administration 

Racists (Black White Purple and Yellow) 

Bigots

Country music

Nancy Grace

Harry Potter

Twilight 

Shitty Rap

These are just some of the things that make me face palm on the daily, and I feel many of the other people here also feel the same way. Its usually just exuberance that leads the topics on tangents. Is it constructive? No, but you don't have to read every post, and part of being a good member of a forum is leading topics back on topic just like a conversation. 

I really feel its ok to be a PC fanboy on a forum directed at PC fanboys. 

If that bothers you I'm sure I can help you find a forum that is more to your liking. 

Main Rig: i5 760 @ 4.0GHZ Asus p7p55d-e, 8GB Corsair Vengance @ 1600 Mhz. Samsung BX2231 X 3 (5760x1080)

EVGA GTX 680 Superclocked +150/+500, 128GB Crucial M4, 1TB WD Black

Xonar DX, AudioEngine A2, Astro Mixamp, AudioTechnica ath-m50 & ath-ad700

Fanboys are annoying in general, hell, i was quite annoying yesterday rambling about my favo mobile os.

These threads are annoying... Let's just all agree that fanboyism as a whole is annoying and just be done with this crap.

I agree, like what you want but dont try and act like it is the only way to live life.

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

Yankees 

Spurs

Heat

Bo Sox

Apple

Christians

Muslims

Mormans

Obama administration

Bigots

Country music

Nancy Grace

Harry Potter

Twilight 

Shitty Rap

These are just some of the things that make me face palm on the daily, and I feel many of the other people here also feel the same way. Its usually just exuberance that leads the topics on tangents. Is it constructive? No, but you don't have to read every post, and part of being a good member of a forum is leading topics back on topic just like a conversation. 

If that bothers you I'm sure I can help you find a forum that is more to your liking. 

Did you actually take massive offense to the comment "fans of anything can be annoying"

Did you actually take massive offense to the comment "fans of anything can be annoying"

Oh I was just giving examples of Fan's that make me face palm too often. 

Main Rig: i5 760 @ 4.0GHZ Asus p7p55d-e, 8GB Corsair Vengance @ 1600 Mhz. Samsung BX2231 X 3 (5760x1080)

EVGA GTX 680 Superclocked +150/+500, 128GB Crucial M4, 1TB WD Black

Xonar DX, AudioEngine A2, Astro Mixamp, AudioTechnica ath-m50 & ath-ad700

I agree with you about consoles, i personally love my eggbox 360, although it never gets used, But i hate with a passion the direction they are taking with the Xboner....and quite frankly is deserves to be bashed....(see what i did there?...if you didn't never mind)

Apple though the public needs warning about what they are getting or no getting when the buy Apple, (Ripped off, and zero value for money)......so i will continue to bash apple as long as they continue you over charge for their extremely average products at best.

Yes PC fanboys are annoying, like all fanboys they are completely blinkered

----Ryzen R9 5900X----X570 Aorus elite----Vetroo V5----240GB Kingston HyperX 3k----Samsung 250GB EVO840----512GB Kingston Nvme----3TB Seagate----4TB Western Digital Green----8TB Seagate----32GB Patriot Viper 4 3200Mhz CL 16 ----Power Color Red dragon 5700XT----Fractal Design R4 Black Pearl ----Corsair RM850w----

Yankees 

Spurs

Heat

Bo Sox

Apple

Christians

Muslims

Mormans

Obama administration

Bigots

Country music

Nancy Grace

Harry Potter

Twilight 

Shitty Rap

This isn't a forum dedicated to PC fanboys. That's why this thread exists  :P

Laptop Lenovo Thinkpad X220 - CPU: i5 2420m - RAM: 8gb - SSD: Samsung 830 - IPS screen Peripherals Monitor: Dell U2713HM - KB: Ducky shine w/PBT (MX Blue) - Mouse: Corsair M60

Audio Beyerdynamic DT990pro headphones - Audioengine D1 DAC/AMP - Swan D1080-IV speakers