So I saw a Galaxy Alpha in the wild (mini-rambling)

GregButcher

So one day I go to the gym and usually people have their phones laying around at convenient places so they can answer their calls but not need to keep it in the pocket for obvious reasons.

Anyway one day i saw it, the galaxy alpha. Aaand i have to say its so much the same old same old that i didnt find it appealing at all. On stock photos it looked nice, and all but in real life it just wasnt that superb. Now don't get me wrong, the metal band does give it a lot better look, it shines even from a distance that the device is a bit more premium, but all in all, its still the same design Sammy uses for 3+ years now on EVERY phone and tablet they make. Plastic back cover, metal/fake chrome band around the sides, and the usual front with the apple-copy home button. 

So I was thinking to myself, Samsung should just outright abandon this design language finally. I know its the whole brand-identity thing, and it shines from a mile away that its a samsung, but come on, its just plain dated. You can tinker and tweak it all you want, this design language won't work anymore IMHO. So what do you guys think if Sammy would take a leap and come out with a new design what would be different about it or how would you guys like for it to be?

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670k Mobo:MSI Z87-G43 RAM:Corsair Vengeance Pro 8GB 1866MHz SSD:Samsung 840 120GB GPU:Gigabyte GTX770 2GB PSU:EVGA NEX650G Case:Fractal Design Define R4 Cooler:Corsair H80i 

So one day I go to the gym and usually people have their phones laying around at convenient places so they can answer their calls but not need to keep it in the pocket for obvious reasons.

Anyway one day i saw it, the galaxy alpha. Aaand i have to say its so much the same old same old that i didnt find it appealing at all. On stock photos it looked nice, and all but in real life it just wasnt that superb. Now don't get me wrong, the metal band does give it a lot better look, it shines even from a distance that the device is a bit more premium, but all in all, its still the same design Sammy uses for 3+ years now on EVERY phone and tablet they make. Plastic back cover, metal/fake chrome band around the sides, and the usual front with the apple-copy home button. 

So I was thinking to myself, Samsung should just outright abandon this design language finally. I know its the whole brand-identity thing, and it shines from a mile away that its a samsung, but come on, its just plain dated. You can tinker and tweak it all you want, this design language won't work anymore IMHO. So what do you guys think if Sammy would take a leap and come out with a new design what would be different about it or how would you guys like for it to be?

If you want premium, check out the note 4. Hopefully, the rest of the lineup to come with be made of metal now that Samsung has not its head out of it's arse slightly. Also, the whole 'Apple copy home button' thing, physical home buttons and two capacitives either side are infinitely superior.

Feel free to message me if you want to chat!