My hate for apple summarized in one screenshot.

Cacao

Hey guys, so I randomly came across this while looking at some ridiculously overpriced apple products. Feel free to use this when arguing with fanboys, and check for yourself if it seems too unbelievable. 

Voilà: http://gyazo.com/07b62d7655e44799c1ba29733414e02c

07b62d7655e44799c1ba29733414e02c.png

Setup Video -----------Peasant Crushing Specs----------- 4K Benchmarks

-CPU- i7 3930k @4.8GHz 1.4v -Mobo- Asus Rampage IV Extreme -GPUs- 2x GTX Titan Hydrocopper SLI -RAM- 32GB (8x4GB) Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz -Storage- 500GB Samsung 840 SSD | 2TB WD Green HDD

-Monitors- 3x BenQ XL2420T | 1x Dell U2713HM -Mouse- Steelseries Rival -Keyboard- Corsair K70 Cherry MX Brown -Headphones- Audio Techinca ATH-M50 -Microphone- RØDE NT1-A

lol amazing at how much they can rip you off.

Is this the real life? Or is this just fantasy?

you dont have to get mac approved memory, its the same as any other compatible dimm 

Case: Cubitek MiniCube CPU: i5-3570k @ 4.7GHz GPU: Asus GTX 670 DirectCUII MoBo: Asus P8Z77-i Deluxe/WD RAM: G.Skill Sniper 2133MHz

SSD: Sandisk Extreme 120GB HDD: WD Black 2TB AIO Water Cooler: Antec Kuhler 620 Fans: Corsair SP120 Thermal Paste: MX4

Headphones: Grado SR-80i Keyboard: Corsair K65 Mouse: Mionix Naos 8200 Monitor: Asus MX279H Phone: HTC One Tablet: Nexus 7 (2013)

"There's a sucker born every minute" -David Hannum comes to play here very well

Cpu: Intel i7 4770k @4.4 Ghz | Case: Corsair 350D | Motherbord: Z87 Gryphon | Ram: dominator platinum 4X4 1866 | Video Card: SLI GTX 980 Ti | Power Supply: Seasonic 1000 platinum | Monitor: ACER XB270HU | Keyboard: RK-9100 | Mouse: R.A.T. 7 | Headset : HD 8 DJ | Watercooled

If you don't like Apple's pricing, why dont you just build a hackintosh? 

you dont have to get mac approved memory, its the same as any other compatible dimm 

I know but many people still fall for that.

I dont hate apple that much (I think the mac book air and iphone are good products) but DAYUM, thats fucked up

PC Specs:  2x GTX 550 ti in SLI - Intel i7 2600k @ 3.4Ghz - Thermaltake Overseer Case - 8 GB Corsair Vengeance Ram - 1TB Harddrive - 500 Watt PSU that came with my old prebuilt pc lawl -  ASUS P8P67 EVO

Peripherals:  Razer Deathadder Black Edition - Razer Arctosa Keyboard - Logitech G53 Headset

Cool song of the day: Chief Keef - Round da Rosey    Changed my profile pic again...                                        Mountain Dew is good. So are video games and music. Oh and unicorns.

And the best part is: if you looks on amazon it says "by: Apple". Meaning you are literally buying the same exact product from the same exact place. Just if you buy apple RAM from apple.com it'll cost you 200$, if you buy apple ram from amazon it will cost you 1/4. Freaking unbelievable.

Setup Video -----------Peasant Crushing Specs----------- 4K Benchmarks

-CPU- i7 3930k @4.8GHz 1.4v -Mobo- Asus Rampage IV Extreme -GPUs- 2x GTX Titan Hydrocopper SLI -RAM- 32GB (8x4GB) Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz -Storage- 500GB Samsung 840 SSD | 2TB WD Green HDD

-Monitors- 3x BenQ XL2420T | 1x Dell U2713HM -Mouse- Steelseries Rival -Keyboard- Corsair K70 Cherry MX Brown -Headphones- Audio Techinca ATH-M50 -Microphone- RØDE NT1-A

that doesn't change how ridiculously over priced that are

i agree on that fact.

Holy crap now I know why their margins are so high. Whoever says that hardware is a bad business they're dead wrong.

Desert Storm PC | Corsair 600T | ASUS Sabertooth 990FX AM3+ | AMD FX-8350 | MSI 7950 TFIII | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 | Seasonic X650W I Samsung 840 series 500GB SSD

Mobile Devices I ASUS Zenbook UX31E I Nexus 7 (2013) I Nexus 5 32GB (red)

I tried to close the tabs on your screenshot. (I know im a mug)

Seriously though, why do apple get away with this. Its a disgrace. I can understand charging a premium for a branded product, but charging 4x the price for the exact same product is just insane.

|i5 3570k @4.4Ghz | Asus Maximus V Gene | 8gb Corsair XMS3 | 2 x MSI HD7970 OC @ 1175mhz | 512gb Crucial M4 | Corsair AX750 | Fractal Design Define Mini | Dell P2416D 

Yesterday I went into an apple store to use their internet and the guy next to me was being helped by one of their "geniuses". The "genius" was telling the guy that apple has some of the best prices on computers and was trying to sell a guy a macbook pro. The guy asked about ssds and the "genius" said that they could add a 256 gb one for only $500. Apple just plain rips people off and they don't even know. The only reason the things are expensive is because they have a shinny glowing apple. The only people really buy them is because of the brand just like with clothes.

You should hate the people that buy it, not Apple. There is a reason why its still $200..

Good Morning...

No! Apple RAM is special certified RAM.... ok I could not say that with a straight face, lol.

In reality, like Dell, HP, Acer, and so on, this is where they make mass profits. In reality, the RAM is suppose to be much cheaper than online retail stores as they order in extra huge quantities, as it's not only (usually.. especially for PC)  used in 1 computer model, but a series of them. But that is life. Now, yes there is profits, and there is Apple profit margins, but Apple knows that the average techky consumer that buys an Apple product will do it themselves (on products that Apple don't mind if they do (ie: not soldered on the board directly)), but those that order the extra RAM wont' be the non-tech ones, as they don't need it, but rather companies.

I don't like Apple's products but I don't hate them as a company. Any company who can get away with this would do it... and you know many people prefer to pay 200$ rather than 50$ because it's Apple RAM so it's much faster and better in every way possible...

Wait from those prices you listed Apple isn't that bad, bad but not as bad as this:

1. Xerox ColorQube 8570 Ram Upgrade from Xerox: (you can verify by going to the Xerox site)

xeroxram.jpg

YES! $719.00 for 512 MB and $1,099.00 for 1 GB.

2. Equivalent RAM from Crucial:

curcialram.jpg

Now here its $18.99 direct from Crucial, and $16.99 from my neigbhorhood RAM store. (note also works on an iMac :D )

I roll with sigs off so I have no idea what you're advertising.

This is NOT the signature you are looking for.

I don't like Apple's products but I don't hate them as a company. Any company who can get away with this would do it... and you know many people prefer to pay 200$ rather than 50$ because it's Apple RAM so it's much faster and better in every way possible...

XD true APPLE RAM the BEST RAM the only RAM that will work with APPLE products!

PROFILEYEAH

What do people even put in these things?