Prodigy Zx6R Monster Edition

U_P_C

Update : Wires, Sleeving, and Some Vinyl goodies

wow this build is almost done, but is it just me or do the final finishing touches seem to take the longest!

the time has come to tackle the wiring.

Anyone who has ever built in this case knows first hand the challenges with cable management. So for this build, like most of mine, i started fresh

i used UPC's 16 awg wire, original molex crimps and housings, Aegis sleeve , and cable combs. nothing but top notch stuff!

first up i is the GPU wires. fortunately the MSI 660 only uses 1 6p so that was a quick and easy task. i crimped one side, installed the wire then ran the path i wanted it to go. Once i had the length i crimped the other end, rinse and repeat.

IMG_3585_zps215216a3.jpg

IMG_3586_zpsfd4e6c8a.jpg

Same Process with the 8p cpu

IMG_3593_zps6413b22d.jpg

Notice the 24p in that photo, it works but it wasnt as clean as i hoped. So i made a 2" "stubby" extension and then a proper 6" extension to finish it up. this keeps the business end looking as clean as possibly.

Once all the wires were measured and crimped it was time for sleeve!

The Aegis sleeve is awesome, its not too loose (mdpc) and not too tight (telios) plus it looks sooo good, Enjoy

IMG_3605_zps8a6909db.jpg

IMG_3608_zps54de0102.jpg

IMG_3610_zpsa6e8f86f.jpg

IMG_3686_zpsbebe74b4.jpg

IMG_3690_zps6b839486.jpg

IMG_3695_zps131beedc.jpg

IMG_3693_zpsf55bf083.jpg

I also took this time to sleeve the Fans

IMG_3670_zps1c0880ca.jpg

IMG_3669_zps650b4bcb.jpg

IMG_3674_zpsf3ed7be5.jpg

IMG_3675_zps53d00490.jpg

My friend andrew over at v1tech just got a vinyl cutter so i sent him some fonts and my ideas and he cut them up! Installation was a breeze

first up was the evga i/0 plate, i removed the original logo and applied the cut out. (the green matches a lot better in person)

IMG_3595_zps881f7e2b.jpg

IMG_3597_zpsc6bb8eca.jpg

next is the powersupply! I did something similar to Perfectly Pink, and knew i wanted to add that little extra detail to this build. it turned out great

first i removed all the stickers from the psu, trimmed the transfer paper to fit. applied it

IMG_3622_zps7af5952f.jpg

Peel

IMG_3623_zps4037e5da.jpg

Profit

IMG_3667_zps27031c42.jpg

IMG_3666_zpsb1f4249e.jpg

I think thats all i have for today, i still have some more cables to sleeve (sata, pump, i/os) install leds, fix the two tubes since the cables caused the res not to fit where planned, fill, leak test, drain, fill and final photos!

:thumb:

oh dude those cables  :wub:

thanks man! the Aegis sleeve is awesome! i think its the perfect diameter, expansion and all that good stuff for me,

Perfect color combinations and TUBING. Er mer gerd. I also bought some of your cables.

RIG:  CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K CPU Cooler: Corsair H80i Motherboard: ASRock Fatal1ty Z97 Killer ATX Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws Series 8GB Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB Internal HDD SSD: Samsung 840 Series 120GB 2.5" SSD Video Card: Zotac GeForce GTX 970 4GB Video Card Case: Corsair 780T PSU: NZXT HALE82 850W 80+ Bronze Monitor: LG 34UM95-P Keyboard: Steelseries Apex Keyboard Mouse: Razer Taipan Mouse Mat: Razer Vespula Sound: Cyber Acoustics CA-3090, Corsair Vengeance 2100 :  1998.40 Euro

Perfect color combinations and TUBING. Er mer gerd. I also bought some of your cables.

thanks man and thank you for that! i hope you enjoy them

*Final Update before unveiling*

wow what a challenge it is to install everything in this little case! the front panel headers were the worst! i had to use a needle nose pliers to plug them in!

with that being said, everything in now installed tested, and i've already delivered the finished product back to the owner.

before i go ahead and post all the photos, i wanted to throw a disclaimer out there.

The coolant is not green, i know.  i used mayhems pastel green and its more of a gatoraid lemon lime color than green. i think i saw a thread a while back saying they needed an extra drop of blue to make it work. well i wish i would have known that before hand, but being is that i've already delivered it. (yes the owner knows) theres not much i can do.

with that being said i think overall this build turned out great! please look past the off fluid color and enjoy!

IMG_3752_zps1e5771b2.jpg

IMG_3754_zpsd2c75020.jpg

IMG_3775_zpsd5f9f31c.jpg

ill post the full shoot tommorow

thanks!

Awesome! Can't wait to see this beauty!

RIG:  CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K CPU Cooler: Corsair H80i Motherboard: ASRock Fatal1ty Z97 Killer ATX Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws Series 8GB Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB Internal HDD SSD: Samsung 840 Series 120GB 2.5" SSD Video Card: Zotac GeForce GTX 970 4GB Video Card Case: Corsair 780T PSU: NZXT HALE82 850W 80+ Bronze Monitor: LG 34UM95-P Keyboard: Steelseries Apex Keyboard Mouse: Razer Taipan Mouse Mat: Razer Vespula Sound: Cyber Acoustics CA-3090, Corsair Vengeance 2100 :  1998.40 Euro