Buying Build Tomorrow- Need Last Minute Advice- $3000 Behemoth

DrClueless

Hey everyone. I think I have finalized my build. I will be ordering most of these parts tomorrow. Most are from microcenter. Please let me know what you think! Thanks. 

Motherboard: Asus Z97-PRO(Wi-Fi ac) ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($207.98 @ SuperBiiz) 
Storage: Crucial MX100 512GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($202.86 @ NCIX US) 
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 4GB WINDFORCE Video Card (2-Way SLI)  ($368.98 @ OutletPC) 
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 4GB WINDFORCE Video Card (2-Way SLI)  ($368.98 @ OutletPC) 
Case: NZXT H440 (White/Black) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($109.99 @ Micro Center) 
Monitor: Asus ROG SWIFT PG278Q 144Hz 27.0" Monitor  ($807.58 @ Newegg) 
Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard  ($189.99 @ Amazon) 
Mouse: Logitech G602 Wireless Optical Mouse  (Purchased For $42.00) 
Other: Corsair Vengeance Extended Edition Mouse Pad ($32.99)
Total: $3070.77
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-11-24 11:36 EST-0500

Hot damn, nice build. Could go for a single card (980?) instead of sli... seems stand up though. 

Bleigh!  Ever hear of AC series? 

What I think? "Damn...". Seems like a rather nice build. I think 750W is enough for the 2 970's. 

You chose a 512 GB SSD and a 3TB HDD with it too, which is a good decision. 

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Looks nice, I'd go with a samsung ssd, but otherwise I'll give you the order to post some build logs ! :DD

CPU: Xeon 1230v3 - GPU: GTX 770  - SSD: 120GB 840 Evo - HDD: WD Blue 1TB - RAM: Ballistix 8GB - Case: CM N400 - PSU: CX 600M - Cooling: Cooler Master 212 Evo

Update Plans: Mini ITX this bitch

Do you really need the G-sync monitor? Cuz I think you could get a 4K 60 hz one, and save $400, and get 2 GTX 980s. Just my opinion here. Otherwise, great build.

Yeah I was thinking the same thing.

If you found my post helpful make sure to press the "Like This" Button  ;)

Please pick a different case for god sakes. 85% of the build logs are the h440 case. My eyes are starting to bleed.

Main Rig: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/58641-the-i7-950s-gots-to-go-updated-104/ | CPU: Intel i7-4930K | GPU: 2x EVGA Geforce GTX Titan SC SLI| MB: EVGA X79 Dark | RAM: 16GB HyperX Beast 2400mhz | SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256gb | HDD: 2x Western Digital Raptors 74gb | EX-H34B Hot Swap Rack | Case: Lian Li PC-D600 | Cooling: H100i | Power Supply: Corsair HX1050 |

Pfsense Build (Repurposed for plex) https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/715459-pfsense-build/

Sir you've made me want to cheat on my current rig and build a new once. 

CPU: i7-4770k @4.8ghz---Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth z97---Ram 32gb Corsair Vengeance---GPU: 2 EVGA GTX 980 4gb way sli---Case: Corsair 600T White---Storage: 500gb 850 Pro & WD Black 4tb---PSU: Corsair RM1000

Please pick a different case for god sakes. 85% of the build logs are the h440 case. My eyes are starting to bleed.

It's his build if he likes that case he should get it, he's the one that has to look at it for hundreds of hours.

CPU: i7-4770k @4.8ghz---Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth z97---Ram 32gb Corsair Vengeance---GPU: 2 EVGA GTX 980 4gb way sli---Case: Corsair 600T White---Storage: 500gb 850 Pro & WD Black 4tb---PSU: Corsair RM1000

Yeah I was thinking the same thing.

I would rather take 144Hz 1440p over a 4k 60fps any day. That is personal preference, however.

Our father, who AWPs in heaven, CS be thy game. Uncase begun, them skins be won, covert - and not mil-spec. Give us this day a StatTrak Knife, and forgive us when we rage quit, as we forgive those who aimbot against us, and lead us not into scamnation but undeliverus a battlescared. GabeN

Hey everyone. I think I have finalized my build. I will be ordering most of these parts tomorrow. Most are from microcenter. Please let me know what you think! Thanks. 

Motherboard: Asus Z97-PRO(Wi-Fi ac) ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($207.98 @ SuperBiiz) 

Do you Live by a Microcenter?

Sweet build! Hopefully you will get some black Friday deals :)

// irenebb-pc v5 // [] Intel i5-9400F [] Radeon VII Lisa Su Edition [] 24GB Crucial Ballistix [] Acer ED323QUR (1440p/144hz) []

I like the dual 970. scale better and really cheap for performance.

| 3570k @ 4.5 | swiftech h220 ordered after patent issues | EVGA 660ti SC 3gb | 8gb gskill ripjaws | Asus p8z77-v lx | Corsair Ax 750 | Asus Xonar DS | Corsair C70 white | CM quickfire rapid mx browns | G500 | 

You could go for cheaper Ram/Motherboard, although I guess you already know that  :P

Otherwise that is a nice spec.

Thank you everyone else f9r the great words. Yes I live by a microcenter so I get some sweet savings.

The reason why I'm thinking about this monitor is because it is 144hz,1440p, gsync,and has ulmb. Originally I was planning on getting a cheaper 4k monitor for about half the price. However, I was playing Cs Go and realized how much smoothness means to me. Even if a game is at high res, low framerates, blur, and screen tearing ruin it for me.

Since I'm doing 1440p I decided against getting one 980 now and possibly a second in the future because 2 970s will wreck any game at 1440p and because it is much cheaper.

Finally for the case, I chose this one because I personally like the style. It is minimalistic buy just enough dtail to catch your eye. Plus who could hate that psu shroud!

I will definitely be posting the build once it's finished. Thanks!

Thank you everyone else f9r the great words. Yes I live by a microcenter so I get some sweet savings.

The reason why I'm thinking about this monitor is because it is 144hz,1440p, gsync,and has ulmb. Originally I was planning on getting a cheaper 4k monitor for about half the price. However, I was playing Cs Go and realized how much smoothness means to me. Even if a game is at high res, low framerates, blur, and screen tearing ruin it for me.

Since I'm doing 1440p I decided against getting one 980 now and possibly a second in the future because 2 970s will wreck any game at 1440p and because it is much cheaper.

Finally for the case, I chose this one because I personally like the style. It is minimalistic buy just enough dtail to catch your eye. Plus who could hate that psu shroud!

I will definitely be posting the build once it's finished. Thanks!

Have you seen the Phantek Primo case? It's a very sleek minimalistic case too except it's huge in case you want a case with more wiggle room. It's huge. HUGE. Haha.

While the case does look very nice, I'm more of a medium case kind of guy. The H440 fits my needs perfectly. Thanks for the suggestion though!

It's nice but I think the H440 is my personal favorite for whatever reason. But thank you for showing me.