Accidentally picked up radio signal

gozzygozborn

Or GabeN is 'loominati?

You. Leave. Now. You DARE insult our Lord and Saviour GabeN? DESIST, FILTHY MORTAL UNBELIEVER!

It's 100% normal, and hard to get rid of because of the imperfect nature of any consumer products. It could be your mouse plugged in, it could be your house wiring, it could be anything.

Where I live, anything that has more than a few feet of wire, and an amp of some sort, will pick up radio signals unless it is a high quality unit. 

Also, like @Delons, I am a Ham radio operator. I transmit from my house occasionally, and need to turn off all cheap speaker systems or they buzz horrendously and I can hear myself talking or sending signals. 

When you plugged in you speakers, you touched the pins on the jack. Part of that jack is grounded, and at that point, you have connected to a wire that goes from that jack, all around your house, and potentially to your street power poles (depending on your system and whatnot). That center pin (tip)  is supposed to be connected to the center portion of the receptical. The ring (ground) of the 3.5mm is supposed to be connected to the secondary, and then one more for the ground. When those are all mixed up, you are breaking how the system is designed to be used, and introducing a path for interference (Electro-Magnetic radio waves). 

The ground on your system is connected, even to your audio, no matter how separate. So, speaker ground > mobo ground> case ground> VGA cable ground> monitor ground>monitor AC socket ground> then the grounds of every single thing plugged in at your house. So Tada, a giant antenna. 

D3SL91 | Ethan | Gaming+Work System | NAS System | Photo: Nikon D750 + D5200

I have the logitech x-530 and they pick up radio signals sometimes its done it for almost as long as I have had them and thats around 10 years. Nothing to worry about.

Seems to be a normal problem that people have:

http://www.tomsguide.com/forum/57663-6-logitech-picking-radio-stations

Though i have never heard of this before, it's a normal thing. there is no reason to worry OP.

I assure you it was real, i could try it again i guess but I have unplugged and plugged my computer back in before that and it never happened.

Well for it to be qualified as scientific and well sound, you need to reproduce it otherwise its a one off/ghost in the machine/hoax.

Look up scientific method.

I roll with sigs off so I have no idea what you're advertising.

This is NOT the signature you are looking for.

Well for it to be qualified as scientific and well sound, you need to reproduce it otherwise its a one off/ghost in the machine/hoax.

Look up scientific method.

k whatever you say

This has actually happened to me twice. But never with computer stuff and strangely enough, both times I picked up NPR.

The first time was with some camera gear. I was doing some experimenting with connecting a MIDI controller to my camera's audio input just to goof around and although I could hear anything while I was recording, when playing it back, I could hear public radio. Very strange.

Another time was with an amp I used to have. If you turned the volume up super loud, but with no sound going through it, you could faintly hear NPR. Very very weird.

You. Leave. Now. You DARE insult our Lord and Saviour GabeN? DESIST, FILTHY MORTAL UNBELIEVER!

Wait, Maybe he isnt.

BUTT (lel butt) YOU ARE BUAHAHAHHAHAH

I3-4150 | Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | 8GB KINGSTON FURY RAM | MSI Z97-G43 | HYPERX FURY 120GB SSD SAPPHIRE HD7950 VAPOR-X | Phanteks Enthoo Pro M | EVGA 500W | Corsair SP120's w/ NZXT Fan Hub

Plans: I5-4690K || EVGA GS 650W | KINGSTON FURY 8GB RAM  PCPARTPICKER: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/

Dials 999

"Ergmahgerd!"

"Perlice iets le 'loominati!"

dials 0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

''internet police...?''

''yes. what is the matter?''

''i discovered the NSA communication on who they plan to spy on''

''who?''

''errwun. o.o''

Watch out for each other. Love everyone and forgive everyone, including yourself. Forgive your anger, forgive your guilt. Your shame. Your sadness. Embrace and open up your love, your joy, your truth, and most especially your heart. 
-Jim Hensen

Ok so I was changing my CPU cooler yesterday and when I was plugging all of the cables back into the computer when i was startled by someone talking, it was right after i plugged my speakers in. At first I thought there was something playing on my computer on start-up for some weird reason, but then I realized that everything was plugged in but my psu. I could clearly hear the guy talking and what he was saying like a well-tuned radio (he was talking about terrorism). I must have somehow been picking up a radio signal. Is this a crazy coincidence or does this happen often? Does anybody have a good explanation for this?

Thaaat. Does not sound possible.

I didn't think so either

i had it once before too, also with logitech speakers, but when i improved my cablemanagement it was jsut gone

msi z97m gaming - i5 4690k @4.4ghz 1.2V corsair h110 powercolor r9 290x pcs+ - 8GB corsair vengeance dual channel @2133mhz - thermaltake smart power se 730watts - intel 530 series 240GB ssd seagate 1tb 7200rpm - corsiar obsidian 350D - 2x enermax tb silence 140mm - logitech x-530 - sony mdr xb600 - medion 24'' 1080P cm storm quickfire tk white edition with cherry mx red cheap but awesome mouse #GloriousPaintMasterRace

Its possible with unshielded speakers. Try putting your cellphone next to the speakers, every so often you can hear the 'pings' from the towers to the cell phone and vice versa.

I am also an radio ameature (KJ6ACR), and sometimes you do end up hearing weird stories, eg: a guy was doing CW and a car alarm (or klakson) was going off in the same intervals as his CW signal he was transmitting. 

Sometimes weird things do happen with radio, especially if you find out that a particular device has a harmonic frequency that it picks up.

▶ Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Einstein◀

Please remember to mark a thread as solved if your issue has been fixed, it helps other who may stumble across the thread at a later point in time.

i had it once before too, also with logitech speakers, but when i improved my cablemanagement it was jsut gone

it actually makes a hell of a lot of sense.

my last mp3 player said ''plug in headphones to use as fm radio antenna'' dependiing on whether or not they were earbuds or otherwise my signal strength would vary.

Watch out for each other. Love everyone and forgive everyone, including yourself. Forgive your anger, forgive your guilt. Your shame. Your sadness. Embrace and open up your love, your joy, your truth, and most especially your heart. 
-Jim Hensen

I have a similar thing but only when I turn my speakers of at the knob not the wall, so you're not mad.

Main PC: Core i5 4670 | MSI Mpower Max z87 | G.Skill Ripjaws 2x4gb | Stock intel cooler | PNY GTX 770 2gb (hoping to upgrade) | Seagate 1tb 7200rpm | Corsair RM850 | Corsair Carbide Air 540 | PCCG custom sleeved black/yellow extensions | Corsair K70 Cherry MX Blue | Corsair M45 |

Phone: LG Nexus 5 | Headphones: Audio Technica ATH-PDG1, Shure SRH440 | Laptop: Asus 303la (i5 model, 1600x900 res) | Motorbikes: 2004 Sherco 290i, 2013 Husqvarna CR125 | Xbox one

I wonder what radio station/host he picked up.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

I have the logitech x-530 and they pick up radio signals sometimes its done it for almost as long as I have had them and thats around 10 years. Nothing to worry about.

yup mine did the same 

Specs 

CPU-Intel I7 4790K- @ 4.5Ghz / Mobo - Asus Maximus Hero VII / GPU - GTX 980 @ 1592MHz / RAM - 16Gb Corsair Vengeance Pro @ 2400Mhz / Cooler - Corsair H105 / SSD - Samsung 250gb 840 EVO / HDD - 2x 2tb Seagate/3x 3tb Seagate / PSU - Corsair RM1000 / Keyboard - Corsair K70 / Mouse - Corsair M65 / Case - Custom Glass panel Corsair Obsidian 750D -  Still saving for upgrades =)

I remember doing something reversed.

As a kid I always experimented with a taperecorder with microphone. One day, I noticed I could hear myself on the radio if I switched it to a unused frequency, like 87.0MHz FM

Laptop: Intel Core i5-4200H, 8GB RAM, 750GB HDD, GeForce 840M

Desktop: Intel Core i3-6100, 8GB RAM, 750GB HDD, GeForce GTX 750 Ti

nope

CPU: AMD FX-6300     COOLER: Hyper 212 EVO    MOBO: ASUS M5A97 R2.0    RAM: Team Vulcan 8Gb (4Gb x 2) , G-Skill Sniper (4Gb x 2)    PSU: Rosewill HIVE-750w    GPU: ASUS HD 7790 2Gb OC    CASE: NZXT Phantom 410    STORAGE: WD Black 1Tb , Intel 530 120Gb     AUDIO: HyperX Cloud , Sennheiser HD 518 , Audio Technica ATH-M30 , Sennheiser MM30G , Yamaha RX-V361 , Pioneer SP-BS22     PHONE: Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge     PERIPHERALS: Razer BlackWidow Ultimate Classic , Logitech g502 ( Thanks Syntaxvgm <3 )