Accidentally picked up radio signal

gozzygozborn

3.5 mm

Ok then it seems like it was just a coincidental position of the cable and computer.

If you switch to a digital connection such as USB or optical or HDMI there is no chance of this happening.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

It's possible. Electronics now a days can't reject certain frequencies and the cords act as antennas...

It becomes a lot of fun as a Ham Radio operator because putting out 600w can start to mess stuff up in the house...... Once I accidentally set our fire alarm off...

This is probably a stupid question, but what does the w stand for in 600w? aren't frequencies measured in hz? 

If it truly was a radio signal/sane phenomena it should be reproducible, if not then a hoax.

I roll with sigs off so I have no idea what you're advertising.

This is NOT the signature you are looking for.

This is probably a stupid question, but what does the w stand for in 600w? aren't frequencies measured in hz? 

thats the power output of the signal not the frequency on which its being transmitted

Please Quote so i know you have replied. | If we have provided a solution to your problem mark it with answer found.

And also please read the COC and avoid the embarrassment and lecture that will ensue.

thats not normal, yes you can build a radio out of just a few parts like aluminum and or diodes but the signal would be weak, but according to you it was nice and clear so either one of two things 

1) the speaker system should be shielded to avoid EMI interference and its defective

2) the transmission is really i mean really close and its strong enough to interfere with your speaker system. 

soo are you hearing the message in other things like your tv or anything else with a speaker on it?

no, that was the first time i heard it. why would it only work when it is plugged into the computer then?

What kind of connection did you have them hooked up with?

Digital or analogue 3.5mm jack?

If you're going to post fucking useless comments then gtfo nobody needs you here.

If OP was using a stereo speaker system or a receiver there was a good chance the mode accidentally got switched to radio.

huh

i kind of assumed you thought it could have been caused by something that wasn't a feature

If it truly was a radio signal/sane phenomena it should be reproducible, if not then a hoax.

I assure you it was real, i could try it again i guess but I have unplugged and plugged my computer back in before that and it never happened.

no, that was the first time i heard it. why would it only work when it is plugged into the computer then?

when did it stop? when you unplugged the speakers from the wall or the pc?

Please Quote so i know you have replied. | If we have provided a solution to your problem mark it with answer found.

And also please read the COC and avoid the embarrassment and lecture that will ensue.

when did it stop? when you unplugged the speakers from the wall or the pc?

I never unplugged the speakers. I plugged my psu in and pushed it under my desk and it stopped

You must be high.

drugs involved. 

Cocaine's a hell of a drug.

So is everybody that is saying it is possible on drugs too?

So is everybody that is saying it is possible on drugs too?

Air is one helluva obligatory drug.

mmmm interesting, well it could be that your pc is the one picking up the radio signal, in reality your sound card on the motherboard has all the components needed to pickup any radio station, usually there are filters in place to avoid that, but i would suggest you use a power strip that has rf/emi filters you should check out tripplite there products are very good quality and have electrical filters.

Hey there!

I can confirm this happens to me too with my speakers. It's a radio but it is not from the UK it is some sort of other radio station. In the 18 years I have lived here I've never heard it in the car or anywhere else.

I believe its to do with the wiring in my house. Very spooky when it happens lol.

Not sure what causes it. Comes and goes. Could be anything!

Normal thing, happened to me and I was blown away too :D then I googled it. Some speakers do pick up radio :)

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

mmmm interesting, well it could be that your pc is the one picking up the radio signal, in reality your sound card on the motherboard has all the components needed to pickup any radio station, usually there are filters in place to avoid that, but i would suggest you use a power strip that has rf/emi filters you should check out tripplite there products are very good quality and have electrical filters.

Yea what is extra weird is that my motherboard advertises that it has a good audio shield.

Hey there!

I can confirm this happens to me too with my speakers. It's a radio but it is not from the UK it is some sort of other radio station. In the 18 years I have lived here I've never heard it in the car or anywhere else.

I believe its to do with the wiring in my house. Very spooky when it happens lol.

Not sure what causes it. Comes and goes. Could be anything!

Yea I don't know of any channel like the one i heard because i listened for about a minute and i only heard one guy talking. Sounded like some news station, I don't know much about ham radio so it could be that

i had this happen with a old guitar amp once. I doubt it had anything to do with your computer though. It is actually a fairly common occurrence.

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

3 Speakers... Loominati Confowmed

no. It's a heavenly message from Gaben.

It can happen. Only with AM stations though. Usually indicates poor interference protection. Using a metal case vs a plastic one and better quality audio cables (Don't be silly with them, just any old shielded cable will do. Just as long as it isn't 3 wires running parallel as that picks up interference)

I cannot be held responsible for any bad advice given.

I've no idea why the world is afraid of 3D-printed guns when clearly 3D-printed crossbows would be more practical for now.

My rig: The StealthRay. Plans for a newer, better version of its mufflers are already being made.

no. It's a heavenly message from Gaben.

Or GabeN is 'loominati?

I3-4150 | Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | 8GB KINGSTON FURY RAM | MSI Z97-G43 | HYPERX FURY 120GB SSD SAPPHIRE HD7950 VAPOR-X | Phanteks Enthoo Pro M | EVGA 500W | Corsair SP120's w/ NZXT Fan Hub

Plans: I5-4690K || EVGA GS 650W | KINGSTON FURY 8GB RAM  PCPARTPICKER: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/

We had a speaker we used in my highschool marching band and indoor drumline that would occasionally pick up radio signals. Didn't have any radio capabilities, and it was pretty annoying sometimes cause that was our speaker for our metronome and or the band director talking to us and whenever there wasn't anything playing from it there'd be people talking or music. Not really sure which station it was though.

It happens with my cheap HTC earbuds when I plug them into a phone or my computer. Kind of creepy and irritating. How to fix it? I have no clue.

Spoiler

Senor Shiny: Main- CPU Intel i7 6700k 4.7GHz @1.42v | RAM G.Skill TridentZ CL16 3200 | GPU Asus Strix GTX 1070 (2100/2152) | Motherboard ASRock Z170 OC Formula | HDD Seagate 1TB x2 | SSD 850 EVO 120GB | CASE NZXT S340 (Black) | PSU Supernova G2 750W  | Cooling NZXT Kraken X62 w/Vardars
Secondary (Plex): CPU Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 @1.099v | RAM Samsun Wonder 16GB CL9 1600 (sadly no oc) | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | Motherboard ASRock H97M-Pro4 | HDDs Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Blue 3TB | Case Corsair Air 240 (Black) | PSU EVGA 600B | Cooling GeminII S524

Spoiler

(Deceased) DangerousNotDell- CPU AMD AMD FX 8120 @4.8GHz 1.42v | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | RAM Samsung Wonder 8GB (CL9 2133MHz 1.6v) | Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | Cooling EVO 212 | Case Rosewill Redbone | PSU EVGA 600B | HDD Seagate 1TB

DangerousNotDell New Parts For Main Rig Build Log, Señor Shiny  I am a beautiful person. The comments for your help. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book.

Happened to me to the past... Don't know the scientific explanation, but yes, it's completely possible.

Asrock 890GX Extreme 3 - AMD Phenom II X4 955 @3.50GHz - Arctic Cooling Freezer XTREME Rev.2 - 4GB Kingston HyperX - AMD Radeon HD7850 - Kingston V300 240GB - Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB - Chieftec APS-750 - Cooler Master HAF912 PLUS

osu! profile

Given how much copper there is in the motherboard, weaving in and out of itself in tiny strands in a gigantic circuit, as long as there is something that can convert radio signals directly into sound, then it's perfectly possible. Other than the radio signals, there's no power getting to the circuit, which means that it's going under it's own power. If you lived near a radio tower that could explain it. FM signals are out of the question, because those have to go through a decoder, but AM signals are picked up and converted by pretty much anything that conducts electricity. Add a diode and you're gold. And really, how many diodes do you think motherboards have? probably thousands. And the terrorism thing is probably your proof that it's an AM signal. I hear a lot more old men chatting about crap on AM channels than I do on FM channels (trashy pop and inaccurate weather forecasts)

Don't worry, it's not bullshit and you're not going insane. There have been people who get bits of dentist drill broken off in their teeth and started hearing music in their heads because the alloy picks up and converts AM signals into sound.