My "Already, almost done... first time...Liquid" Build!

jbcrazy

Well first off, I would like to say "THANKS!" to Linus, the support group here on the forums, and his Linus tech team.  Long time lurker, short time poster... I recently just had the yearning anxiety and the cajones to attempt a water cooling build.  I've only built maybe one or two pcs in my life with moderate success... but using NCIX and Linus Tech Tips, I felt confident enough to give it a shot and went all down on this build.   I owe the video tutorials and everything posted around the parts for even attempting this thing!

Sadly, I didn't do a build log because I was already worried enough as is, just making this loop and pc build work out without worrying about photos and uploading.  The process was rocky for sure.  I had some hiccups!  Especially the mounting the GPU blocks but now it's all good.  It's working really awesome... and some caveats aside like cable management, dog hair, and putting in the LED for the second evga wrong, I am really happy with the build!  I don't know if I'll fix these problems anytime soon... I don't want to rip apart this thing.

i7 3930k 

256gb SSD Samsung Pro

Asus Rampage IV

SLI 780s Hydro Copper

32gb Corair Vengeance Ram

Corsair AX1200i

Phobya Lighiting

Bitspower, EK, and Hardware Labs water cooling gear

Awesome 900D Case

Sorry for the horrible build name, but I'm just too happy and anxious to share this because Linus, Slick and crew really helped me build the computer of dreams!  It's going to be my editing/music making/and gaming machine for quite awhile.

Thanks dudes!

JB

9015029816_dc24462151_h.jpg

9013842563_ceb3223b7f_h.jpg

9015036954_d9b29e0fe7_h.jpg

9013844841_58eeb6f9cb_h.jpg

9015032844_ef7ba3e1b1_h.jpg

9015039226_50181ecaa7_h.jpg

9015026750_af659bbc91_h.jpg

9015042392_7bcdc305fa_h.jpg

Looks nice except the wires crossing over the tubing, that looks odd, try and move it behind and then it will look amazing :D

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

looks nice man and please tell me thats not mayhems aurora?

Cpu: Intel i7 4770k @4.4 Ghz | Case: Corsair 350D | Motherbord: Z87 Gryphon | Ram: dominator platinum 4X4 1866 | Video Card: SLI GTX 980 Ti | Power Supply: Seasonic 1000 platinum | Monitor: ACER XB270HU | Keyboard: RK-9100 | Mouse: R.A.T. 7 | Headset : HD 8 DJ | Watercooled

looks nice man and please tell me thats not mayhems aurora?

Yeah its aurora, I'll be cleaning this thing for sure.  Didn't know about the drawbacks of the liquid till it was too late -_-

Oh well... I'll be able to fix my LED issue.  On the bright side it looks really cool?  haha...

Yeah its aurora, I'll be cleaning this thing for sure.  Didn't know about the drawbacks of the liquid till it was too late -_-

Oh well... I'll be able to fix my LED issue.  On the bright side it looks really cool?  haha...

other than that, this a really nice watercooled rig man

Cpu: Intel i7 4770k @4.4 Ghz | Case: Corsair 350D | Motherbord: Z87 Gryphon | Ram: dominator platinum 4X4 1866 | Video Card: SLI GTX 980 Ti | Power Supply: Seasonic 1000 platinum | Monitor: ACER XB270HU | Keyboard: RK-9100 | Mouse: R.A.T. 7 | Headset : HD 8 DJ | Watercooled

Looks nice except the wires crossing over the tubing, that looks odd, try and move it behind and then it will look amazing :D

Yep still needs to be cleaned up and such.  Just really really tired and my hands are hurtin sir.  haha

A suggeestion that I would give would be to tidy up those cables from the gpu's as well as sorting out the tubing to and from the cpu rad and radiator. Change the two tubes round on the cpu block if you can and just try and make it look cleaner. Shorten your tubing runs to make it look tidier. But good apart from that.

XYPHER AMD FX8350 @ 4.6Ghz ASUS SABERTOOTH 990FX R2.0 AMD RADEON HD 7970 @ 1140Mhz 16GB Corsair VENGEANCE 1600Mhz OCZ VERTEX 3 240GB SSD Corsair H100i 1TB SEAGATE BARRACUDA FRACTAL DESIGN DEFINE R4 CORSAIR K90 MADCATZ RAT 3 iiyama ProLite B2480HS 24"

Sweet Rig! Very similar to my upcoming build! :)

Sweet Rig! Very similar to my upcoming build! :)

Can't wait to see it sir!

A suggeestion that I would give would be to tidy up those cables from the gpu's as well as sorting out the tubing to and from the cpu rad and radiator. Change the two tubes round on the cpu block if you can and just try and make it look cleaner. Shorten your tubing runs to make it look tidier. But good apart from that.

Thanks, that's a good tip to remember, switch around the CPU block.  :) I appreciate that.  Didn't think to do it that way... would've been much more 'efficient' looking.

looking good =D do like the Yellow lighting =D

i7 4790K@4.5GHz-1.15V, BeQuiet! SR2, Asrock z97e-itx/ac, Kingston  Fury 16GB@1866MHz, GTX 670 2GB, 3x ssdNOW300V 300ishGB, Bitfenix Prodigy, OCZ ZT 750W Twittwit@enRodjavel

Very, very nice build. One thing that I don't like is the length of some tubes, though... For example the tube that connects the (top) radiator and the CPU block is just way too long.

Other than that, cool build!

i5 4670k - MSI GTX 770 gaming - Fractal design define R4 (windowed) - MSI Z87-G45 gaming - be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2 - Corsair vengeance 8 gb (lp) - WB black 1tb - 256GB SSD - Corsair TX 750M - Ducky Shine 3

Nice Build! But cable manegemend goes better! :) (sry for maybe bad English i am German)

|| CPU Intel Core i7 3770K | Motherboard Asus P8Z77-V Pro RAM Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1600MHz | GPU Asus GTX 680 DirectCU II TOP 2048MB GDDR5 | Case Coolermaster CM Scout 2 | Storage Samsung SSD 830 256GB, 3TB Seagate | PSU BeQuiet! Straight Power 580W | Displays BenQ XL2720T, Fujitsu 22" | Cooling Noctua NH-U14S | Keyboard Logitech G710+ | Mouse Logitech G700s | Sound Creative, Logitech G930 ||

Looks good just a lil more cable management :P

FX 8350 Black Edition 4.2Ghz

Palit GTX 580 1.5gb

H80i ,TX850, Corsair 300R

awesome first loop! :D

what drawbacks ? . ive always wanted to have auroras if i ever do get my WC loop going

2500k,4.3GHZ · Hyper.212.+ · P67A-UD3-B3 · 2x4GB.1600Mhz · GTX 760 AMP!.2GB · M4.128GB · WDCBlue.1TB · WDCGreen.3TB · WDCGreen.1.5TB · XFX.XXX.650W · HAF.912.Advance
ND7000 · 17-50 f/2.8 · 50 f/1.8

Very, very nice build. One thing that I don't like is the length of some tubes, though... For example the tube that connects the (top) radiator and the CPU block is just way too long.

Other than that, cool build!

Yeah, like the other post said, switching the CPU block arrangement would've helped for sure.  :)  Maybe I'll do that the next time I drain the fluid.

Looks good just a lil more cable management :P

Totally boss!

Nice Build! But cable manegemend goes better! :) (sry for maybe bad English i am German)

Your English seems fine to me.  Probably better than mine.  I will cable manage soon my good people!

awesome first loop! :D

what drawbacks ? . ive always wanted to have auroras if i ever do get my WC loop going

From what I understand...

1) The swirls have a finite life.  Meaning.. at some point they will disappear.  

The length of the life of the aurora depends on your flow, complexity of the loop etc.

2) It can gunk up your loop if the above isn't optimal.

I've been running it for a week and it seems to be doing well.  I've heard bad stories... I've heard great ones.  So we'll see.  I love the way its looking right now though.

I've heard this stuff lasting almost a year and counting... so I hope it's all good!

When you do yours, maybe consult someone from Mayhem... or just keep a simple CPU block one radiator loop?  I think that would be the best way to make sure the Aurora lasts and is easy to maintain.  I hear they're working on Aurora 2 which will alleviate these problems.  

But it does look freaking awesome my friend.  :)  Get to work on yours!

looking good =D do like the Yellow lighting =D

Thank ya sir... yellow does look sweet.  :)

Awesome look, love the coloring, as you've said some time spend on polishing it will be a beut. What resivoir is that you are using?

very nice build!

Ty!  :)

Awesome look, love the coloring, as you've said some time spend on polishing it will be a beut. What resivoir is that you are using?

This reservoir sir...

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/9576/ex-res-157/Bitspower_Water_Tank_Z-Multi_250_Inline_Reservoir_BP-WTZM250P-BK.html?id=xvbghScN&mv_pc=162

Amazing rig comes with an amazing wallpaper :D

I7 4770K - @4.5Ghz  |  Be quiet Dark Rock Pro 3  | Asus Maximus VII Ranger Z97  | Kingston Genesis 8GB | Be quiet Power Zone 750w   | Sapphire R9 Fury X |  Sandisk SSD 120Go + WD Green 1TB 7200 rpm | Nzxt Phantom 410

Amazing rig comes with an amazing wallpaper :D

Ty... pre Get Lucky Fan... heck Pre One More Time fan here... :)

But it does look freaking awesome my friend.   :)  Get to work on yours!

If only i had the funds! lolz .. yeah ill, just keep it simple, cpu block, 360 rad or a 240+120 (depends on whether ill upgrade my case or not) and maybe a gpu block

it will be a long time before i can get around to finally do it, for sure. well see!

for now.. ill just admire other peoples builds! hehe

thanks for the info! :D

2500k,4.3GHZ · Hyper.212.+ · P67A-UD3-B3 · 2x4GB.1600Mhz · GTX 760 AMP!.2GB · M4.128GB · WDCBlue.1TB · WDCGreen.3TB · WDCGreen.1.5TB · XFX.XXX.650W · HAF.912.Advance
ND7000 · 17-50 f/2.8 · 50 f/1.8

Beautiful !

Case)- NZXT Switch 810 Matte Black    ***    Lighting)- NZXT Sleeved 24 LED Lighting    ***    CPU Cooler)- NZXT Kraken X60    ***    RAM)- Corsair Vengeance 16GB (2x8GB) 1600MHZ    ***    PSU)- Corsair GS800 800W    ***    Keyboard)- Corsair K95 Mechanical CherryMX Red Keyboard    ***    CPU)- Intel Core I5 2500K Overclocked to 4.9GHZ    ***    GPU)- EVGA GTX 780 SC 3GB    ***    Mouse)- Razer Imperator 2012    ***                                   Sound Card)- Creative Sound Blaster Z    ***    Motherboard)- Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H    ***    Monitor)- BenQ 24" XL2420TX 3D Vision 2 Ready    ***    Mousepad)- Mionix Saragas 900

Man this looks awesome. Not usually a fan of purple, bit I'm loving it here, very slick. 

Also I hope your aurora swirls stick around.