g3258 vs amd cpu for gaming

In 9 of those games 5 of them are NOT playable on AMD. I won't consider 30 fps playable in a FPS game.

Hold up. HOLD UP.

I play ALL of these with no issues whatsoever (45FPS Min)

No :PAMD these days is living on ignorant people who think it's all about the cores/frequency or idiots who only want to believe Teksyndicate.

This is the most blatant bull shit statement I have heard in a long time.

Hold up. HOLD UP.

I play ALL of these with no issues whatsoever (45FPS Min)

I play them all with 9000 fps. Take my word for it, just like you expect me to believe you.

This is the most blatant bull shit statement I have heard in a long time.

The fact that you believe Teksyndicate doesn't give you any rights to call my statement or better said it's actually a fact bullshit. Seen you posting bullshit that WoW uses the Intel compiler while it didn't even exist when the game came out that should be giving people here an idea how dumb you actually sound.

I play them all with 9000 fps. Take my word for it, just like you expect me to believe you.

I'd post videos if I had more than a 384 Kb/s up connection.

Pffff...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c588SV_oxdQ

Let that pausebar actually disappear, don't your mouse then, he's averaging between 20-30 fps. So feel free to explain me how you're getting minimums that are 50% higher and assuming nearly twice as much average framerates?

Pffff...

Let that pausebar actually disappear, don't your mouse then, he's averaging between 20-30 fps. So feel free to explain me how you're getting minimums that are 50% higher and assuming nearly twice as much average framerates?

that is indeed painful to watch... :(

what is this machine config he's running it on?

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

I run maxed minus motion blur or shadows, both for competitive reasons rather than graphical in PS2, and everything else I have is maxed as well.

8350 & 770

yeah that game is kind of a worse case scenario for the poor FX chip though...

he's design wasn't meant to excel in such workloads..

how about the 860K?

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

I have no idea how I'm beating him, but it is probably something to do with my 4.2 Ghz OC on the CPU & the 1350 Mhz on my GPU...

I have no idea how I'm beating him, but it is probably something to do with my 4.2 Ghz OC on the CPU & the 1350 Mhz on my GPU...

maybe the user happened to be on a very crowded planet with a lot of aliens and new futuristic ships or something...i have no idea what i'm talking about i don't play that game lol :P

CHEATER! I ONLY HAVE 256!

CPU: Intel I7 4790k @ 4.6Ghz 1.255v | GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 980 Ti | Display: Acer XB270HU bprz | RAM: 16GB (4x4GB) Gskill Ripjaws X 1866MHz | CPU Cooler: H80i | Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 | SSD: Mushkin 120GB + Sandisk 480GB | HDD: WD Blue 1TB | Case: Enthoo Pro |PSU: Seaconic M12II EVO 850w | OS: Windows 10 64-Bit | Mouse: Logitech RGB G502 | Keyboard: Thermaltake Poseidon Z (Brown Switches) | 

maybe the user happened to be on a very crowded planet with a lot of aliens and new futuristic ships or something...i have no idea what i'm talking about i don't play that game lol :P

When I had my fx 6350 at 4.8Ghz with my hyper 212 EVO and my r9 270x, I would get 60-65fps all around, and in small battles. As soon as we invaded a major bio dome (shit tons of people) my fps tanked down to around 30 constant....poor cpu...

CPU: Intel I7 4790k @ 4.6Ghz 1.255v | GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 980 Ti | Display: Acer XB270HU bprz | RAM: 16GB (4x4GB) Gskill Ripjaws X 1866MHz | CPU Cooler: H80i | Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 | SSD: Mushkin 120GB + Sandisk 480GB | HDD: WD Blue 1TB | Case: Enthoo Pro |PSU: Seaconic M12II EVO 850w | OS: Windows 10 64-Bit | Mouse: Logitech RGB G502 | Keyboard: Thermaltake Poseidon Z (Brown Switches) | 

-snip-

Dunno if I should click "Mark Solved" or naw?

The fact that you believe Teksyndicate doesn't give you any rights to call my statement or better said it's actually a fact bullshit. Seen you posting bullshit that WoW uses the Intel compiler while it didn't even exist when the game came out that should be giving people here an idea how dumb you actually sound.

Teksyndicate is good content. Intel Compiler has been around since 2003.

Planetside 2 is such a shtty game and the optimization is terrible. Once again ... "The Intel Compiler" is at work here.

Planetside 2 is such a shtty game and the optimization is terrible. Once again ... "The Intel Compiler" is at work here.

What about planet side 2 being on the ps4? I'm pretty sure consoles don't use intel cpu's.

What about planet side 2 being on the ps4? I'm pretty sure consoles don't use intel cpu's.

I am not sure how stripped down the graphics are or how they optimized for that game on Consoles. Probably runs @ 30fps.

Teksyndicate is good content. 

Which would only come from the mouth of AMD fanboys.

Intel Compiler has been around since 2003.

Do you expect that to be implemented for a game that was released in 2004?

6553.png

Getting counter-productive.

Right, so AMD's single threaded performance is literally equal to Intels one, considering a 8350 has two times the cores a i5 has, can you show me a benchmark where a 8350 outperforms it by 100%?

Feel free to claim the 5960x is 4 times faster than the i5 since its twice as fast as that gimmicky 250W thing. Besides quit the BS about Intels compiler, its the best compiler for AMD CPU's. Even Intel CPU's perform better with AMD's own compiler; http://www.yeppp.info/home/yeppp-performance-numbers/

Which would only come from the mouth of AMD fanboys.

Logan uses a high end Intel CPU. Pistol uses an FX 8 core chip because she does allot of streaming and this is an area were AMD does exceedingly well.

6553.png

Pentium 4 are you kidding me. That was Intels most failing chip they ever made to the tune of the fact they have to pay out $15 to everyone that paid for one. P4 is junk and AMD was big time on top in those days.

Amd's single thread performace/IPC is garbage there is no arguing that point 

clock for clock the intel chips are faster in every way thats the bottom line 

weather or not you refuse to see that is your problem

btw ps2 is built using the MSVC compiler not the intel XE 

intels compiler is superior because its .. intel its written to sqeese every cycle out of the their cpu's 

Guys, after doing some research and some testing myself I would rather have an athlon 860K than a pentium G3258 for the games that i play (i don't play planetside 2 :P i only play modern open world games and shooters...sports games and console ports)

But i would rather have an i3 over ANY AMD CPU for gaming...that also even include the FX 8 core.

But i would rather save some more and afford a locked i5 at that point.

So where is AMD IMHO? they improved IPC on the 860k a fair bit and it's cheap, to play BF4 and other games like that it's perfect if you're broke. If by any means possible you could get like 40$ more get an i3.