Gigabyte X99M- Gaming 5: MATX & X99 need i say more

brownninja97

64a.jpg

So Gigabyte thought about matx and x99 and then this happened. So what they going up against, it seems like the only rival of this board is the EVGA one and EVGA tend to have problems with their boards, i dont know the current situation on EVGA boards so dont hold me to that if its wrong.

64b.jpg

Remember as this is MATX you lose four way sli/crossfire support, its now limited to 2 cards which to be honest isnt a massive problem but that depends on the customer. 

Not much to say after that, this board is pretty much the same as the other gaming 5 edition board.

That means it has all of the fancy features that the atx versions has eg

• AMP-UP technology which reduces audio crap in the background for professional 1080p audio
  • Realtek ALC 1150 115dB SNR HD Audio with Built-In Reat Audio Amplifier
  • golden plated audio because resistance is for news posters that dont put effort into their posts
  • ddr4- what its faster ram
  • black caps- so you dont have to blame amd if your motherboard breaks.
  • killer lan, eww

64c.jpg

http://www.techpowerup.com/207292/gigabyte-announces-x99m-gaming-5-micro-atx-motherboard.html

http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=5221#ov

Pricing:

UK: £175

Euro: 199

US: $199

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

That thing is soooo sexy. I want it

EVGA's is sweet too 

XhX36Vx.jpg

I done been through a whole lot. Trial, tribulations, but I know God - Kendrick Lamar

I question your mother's upbringing if you don't like me - Action Bronson

You apocalyptic dingleberry - James 'Captain Slow' May

About time someone else released an MATX one. Although... It's not a bad looking board, but it's rather unimpressive to look at. 

Yes you do need to say more

/jk

giphy.gif

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Really loving this board, except for the red. Would have preferred white or purple accents.

Yeah i dont like how gigabyte this generation were like screw it and made everything red,

Listen if you care.

Yeah i dont like how gigabyte this generation were like screw it and made everything red,

Especially since their new G1 Gaming GPUs have blue LEDs on them  <_<

They could have just made the LED RGB but no...

MY CURRENT PC

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770k COOLER: Noctua NH-D14 MOBO: MSI Z87-GD65 Gaming ATX RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB DDR3-1600 STORAGE: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200RPM HHD GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 SLI CASE: Fractal Design R4 PSU: EVGA 1000W 80+ Gold 
PERIPHERALS - KEYBOARD: Corsair Vengeance K70 w/ Cherry MX Browns MOUSE: Logitech G500/M100 MONITOR(S): Acer H236HLbid (I want an Asus PB278Q) SPEAKERS: Some Cyber Acoustics $10 speakers PICTURES AND FULL PARTS LIST @ PCPARTPICKER - http://pcpartpicker.com/b/z4Pscf  

"Don't get so caught up in trying to make a living that you forget to make a life."

Too bad it's not as cool looking and as cheap as the MSI SLI Plus. That is £159.95 on OCUK. I am happy with it anyway.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

Too bad it's not as cool looking and as cheap as the MSI SLI Plus. That is £159.95 on OCUK. I am happy with it anyway.

I think that comes down to the sound equipment in the gigabyte board is way more advance so it costs more naturally.

Listen if you care.

Really loving this board, except for the red. Would have preferred white or purple accents.

I dream of the say when we will be able so change the colors as we wish!

Beware of him that is slow to anger; for when it is long coming, it is the stronger when it comes, and the longer kept. Abused patience turns to fury.

There are 2 Asrock Ones as well, and this gigabyte mobo has been out since 1st october in Austria

Spoiler

Samung Tab S 8.4

They're also up against the X99M Extreme4 and X99M Killer from Asrock, can't post pictures now as on mobile but the killer looks pretty good

CPU: i7 5820K 4.0GHz @1.15V | MOBO: Asus X99 Sabertooth | GPU: Gigabyte Windforce GTX 980Ti, LTT Orange | CASE: NZXT H440 Black 2015 | COOLER: Noctua NH-D15S w/ LTT Fans | RAM: 32GB Patriot 3000MHz | STORAGE: 512GB Samsung 950 Pro, 960GB Sandisk Ultra II 3 x 8TB Seagate HDD's | PSU: 750W Seasonic X series, black / orange cablemod cables| Monitors: 3x Asus VX24AH's | AUDIO OUT: Microlab SOLO 8C, Sennheiser HD 650's, Audio engine D1 Amp / DAC | AUDIO IN: Blue Snowball | Keyboard: CM Storm QuickFire TK MX Green | Mouse: Logitech G900 Proteus Spectrum + RSI Extended Mouse Pad | PCPP Linkhttp://nz.pcpartpicker.com/list/hPjFd6

I think that comes down to the sound equipment in the gigabyte board is way more advance so it costs more naturally.

Yea but if you already own an external AMP/DAC you don't need good on-board sound quality. To be honest I think it would be really cool if board makers released versions of boards that had very little on them and you just had to add things to it externally, like a board with no audio chips.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

It's not the best looking Mobo on the market. But I would take it over the asrock options.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

Especially since their new G1 Gaming GPUs have blue LEDs on them  <_<

They could have just made the LED RGB but no...

RGB would be a plus, but at least we can turn it off/unplug the cable for it!

I dream of the say when we will be able so change the colors as we wish!

Me too, which is why I wish they did white so we can take it off and dye it a different color easier.

200 for X99 is actually a great entry point and to be honest, "only" having 2 way SLI support isn't the worst thing in the world. My ideal build might even have a single 980, some flavour of Quadro for colour output and a NIC card. That would be pretty nifty. 

• AMP-UP technology which reduces audio crap in the background for professional 1080p audio

lol.

There's so many jaggies in my sound, I hope I have enough power to turn on Anti-Aliasing, good thing MFAA was released today.

Linus Sebastian said:

The stand is indeed made of metal but I wouldn't drive my car over a bridge made of it.

https://youtu.be/X5YXWqhL9ik?t=552

I know it's to promote Crossfire compatibility, but it still cracks me up that their is an AMD logo on an intel platform motherboard

With today's technology I often wonder why we don't have colonies on the moon or Mars. Then I go to Wal Mart for 5 minutes and realize the vast majority of the human populace isn't ready for such things.