Best Assassin's Creed game?

I think Black Flag is the best one, leave your thoughts below. (And please, use the poll!)

Without a doubt AC2. It took AC1, removed repetitiveness and just all around improved it. Remove the Apple of Eden thing and AC2 is in my eyes one of the best games ever to exist

RIG: I7-4790k @ 4.5GHz | MSI Z97S SLI Plus | 12GB Geil Dragon RAM 1333MHz | Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 (1550MHz core/7800MHz memory) @ +18mV(Maxed out at 1650/7800 so far) | Corsair RM750 | Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 (Closed) | Sound Blaster Z                                                                                                                        Getting: Noctua NH-D15 | Possible 250GB Samsung 850 Evo                                                                                        Need a console killer that actually shits on every console? Here you go (No MIR/Promo)

This is why you should not get an FX CPU for ANY scenario other than rendering on a budget http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/286142-fx-8350-r9-290-psu-requirements/?p=3892901 http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/266481-an-issue-with-people-bashing-the-fx-cpus/?p=3620861

Die Ubisoft die.  As for the best one I have no opinion as I have not played them all and the little time I spent playing any of them were as a console rental which I probably played at the last second and put an hour into so no real way to give a good opinion of the games I did play.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

Technically I think black flag overall, for the great ship combat, and tons of variety

best setting probably AC2, that game was just totally solid throughout, great story, great city design, characters etc

My most memorable AC1 - just because... it was so different when it came out. also Altair is a boss!

Best future storyline, AC3, being able to do shit as desmond was awesome ... game was meh though

Overall though, I had a different idea of where I wish AC ended up, and it has totally gone against what I wish happened

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Mostly i find Assassins Creed games to be boring. The only one i really liked was AC2 and AC3 (yeah i know :P) Black Flag is pretty good, though i only like it because it had a lot of ship combat.

Hardware: Intel I7 4790K 4Ghz | Asus Maximus VII Hero Z97 | Gigabyte 780 Windforce OC | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB | Seagate 500Gb 7200Rpm | Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | Noctua NF12 | SupremeFX 2014 | Patriot Viper 3 16GB.

Gaming Gear: Cooler Master TK Stealth | Sennheiser PC350SE | Steelseries Rival | LG IPS23L-BN ' 5ms | Philips Brillians 144hz 

My most memorable AC1 - just because... it was so different when it came out. also Altair is a boss!

THe most monotonous, emotionless and dull character ever :c

RIG: I7-4790k @ 4.5GHz | MSI Z97S SLI Plus | 12GB Geil Dragon RAM 1333MHz | Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 (1550MHz core/7800MHz memory) @ +18mV(Maxed out at 1650/7800 so far) | Corsair RM750 | Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 (Closed) | Sound Blaster Z                                                                                                                        Getting: Noctua NH-D15 | Possible 250GB Samsung 850 Evo                                                                                        Need a console killer that actually shits on every console? Here you go (No MIR/Promo)

This is why you should not get an FX CPU for ANY scenario other than rendering on a budget http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/286142-fx-8350-r9-290-psu-requirements/?p=3892901 http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/266481-an-issue-with-people-bashing-the-fx-cpus/?p=3620861

THe most monotonous, emotionless and dull character ever :c

I think that is what made him interesting, he felt the most Assasin like, cold, rutheless, almost emotionless. He WAS a born and raised assasin. not a whiney bitch (*cough* connor *cough*)

Ezio was pretty amazeballs though, but I still think AC1 had the most impact on me, as it was just brand new experiance

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

I LOVED ac2.

SuperNova: CPU: Intel Core i5 4670k @4.6 GPU: Sapphire R290 Tri-x @1200, @1350, MOBO: MSI Z87 G45 Gaming, RAM: 16Gb HyperX Fury White @1866, PSU: CORSAIR TX750M, CASE: Arc Midi R2, SSD: Kingston 120gb SSD, 
COOLING:
H100i w/ 2x Nb eLoop 800rpm

Check out my build log Black Dawn Check out my build log Supernova

Dat AC2 soundtrack <3 

That song that made you feel like a complete and utter badass: 

"Use the force Harry" 

-Gandalf

In terms of for the time I think Assassin's Creed 1 was the most amazing. It's definitely the one I remember. I opened it up the day I bought it, just to make sure it was installed properly and stuff. Next thing I know the sun is rising and I've completed the campaign. Assassin's Creed was also a really great addition to the franchise, kind of making it feel more "grown up". Assassin's Creed 3 was a little bit of a disappointment but still really good (kind of like Halo), Black Flag was an amazing turn around for the series and really revived it. AC Unity had potential but pretty much is just horribly optimized for everything. Revelations and Brotherhood were pretty much more of the same (good none the less).

AC2 Hands down IMO. played Black Flag and nowhere as good as 2

I happen to agree with Totalbiscuit that Black Flag was good, minus all the Assassin's Creed parts. Cool pirate stuff, same boring, easy, janky combat.

Needless to say, I'm not a huge fan of this franchise. :P

Ezio trology (2, brotherhood, revelations) is my favorite 

1 was kind of boring and dull looking IMO

From 2 it really picked up for me

Brotherhood will be my favorite in the whole series

3 was boring, especially frontier regions for me

Skipped 4, not much interested in naval gameplay

Hoping for Unity to get better  :rolleyes:

Finally got PS4 Pro

I loved 4, because I love pirates

Computer Specifications:

AMD Ryzen 5 3600  Gigabyte B550M Aorus Elite | ADATA XPG SPECTRIX D50 32 GB 3600 MHz | Asus RTX 3060 KO Edition CoolerMaster Silencio S400 Klevv Cras C700 M.2 SSD 256GB 

1TB Crucial MX500 | 1 TB SanDisk SSD Corsair RM650W

Camera Equipment:

Camera Bodies: 

Olympus Pen-F Panasonic GH3 (Retired)

Lenses:

Sigma 30mm F1.4 | Sigma 16mm F1.4 | Sigma 19mm F2.8 | Laowa 17mm F1.8 | Olympus 45mm F1.8

I enjoyed the lighthearted approach of AC4, and the world was nice too. Plus the historical theme appeals to me more than in other AC games.