All PC Gamers Are Pirates Says Ubisoft Executive

Dicehunter
According to a guy on Reddit who claims to be an ex employee of Ubisoft said that one of the top guys at Ubisoft *Yves Guillemot Co-founder And Chief Executive* said he doesn't care about PC because all PC gamers are pirates.

Not sure if this is real or not but this isn't the first ex-employee to expose what game companies say and do

⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓

GROWN UP TALK IS USED IN THIS VIDEO, IF YOU ARE EASILY OFFENDED DO NOT CLICK PLAY, YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED

⇧⇧⇧⇧⇧⇧⇧⇧⇧⇧⇧⇧⇧⇧⇧⇧⇧⇧⇧⇧⇧⇧⇧⇧⇧⇧⇧⇧⇧⇧⇧⇧⇧⇧⇧⇧⇧⇧⇧

If this is true then I have lost the little respect I had left for Ubisoft.

This comes to mind  :D

4d4NnoP.jpg

Battle.Net - Dicehunter#2746

Origin - Dicehunter

Steam - Dicehunter

Uplay - Dicehunter

Well, I gotta say it.....Ubisoft just keeps on digging.....if this is true. -_-

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

:ph34r:

post-154698-0-81838500-1416304599.jpg

I5 3570K@ 4.4 - GIGABYTE Z77- Kingston 8G 2400 RAM - MSI GTX980 - HAF-X - 27'' ROG SWIFT + 32'' LG IPS - OCZ 250G SSD + WD 4TB HDD - ASUS XONAR DX -Noctua NH-D14

well OF COURSE!!!! why not?!? Continue to screw us over and ruin your rep.

He didn't say all, he said roughly 90% of PC gamers are pirates. Obviously that's pure hyperbole on his part. Still, his point remains true to some degree.

Edited by eLucid

i7 7700k @ 4.9ghz | Asus Maximus IX Hero | G.skill 32gb @ 3200 | Gtx 1080 classified | In win 909 | Samsung 960 pro 1tb | WD caviar blue 1tb x3 | Dell u3417w | Corsair H115i | Ducky premier dk9008p (mx reds) | Logitech g900 | Sennheiser hd 800s w/ hdvd 800 | Audioengine a5+ w/ s8

duh i ordered Far Cry 4 GE Today And you say that 

F*cking Ubisoft 

Keep On Digging 

Current Build + Setup

AMD Ryzen 7 5700X | GIGABYTE B550 Aorus Pro v2 | CORSAIR Dominator Platinum 16gb 3600Mhz | GIGABYTE RTX 3070 AORUS MASTER OC 8 GB | NZXT H510 Elite | 2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM | ADATA XPG GAMMIX S7 512GB M.2-2280 NVME | Corsair RM850 80+ Gold Modular PSU | NZXT Kraken X63 | Harman Kardon Soundstick 4 | Koorui 27E1Q

I was a pirate in black flag

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

duh i ordered Far Cry 4 GE Today And you say that 

F*cking Ubisoft 

Keep On Digging 

It's pretty old news.

i7 7700k @ 4.9ghz | Asus Maximus IX Hero | G.skill 32gb @ 3200 | Gtx 1080 classified | In win 909 | Samsung 960 pro 1tb | WD caviar blue 1tb x3 | Dell u3417w | Corsair H115i | Ducky premier dk9008p (mx reds) | Logitech g900 | Sennheiser hd 800s w/ hdvd 800 | Audioengine a5+ w/ s8

It's pretty old news.

Actually this is quite recent, As in a few days ago, But Ubisoft execs have said the same thing in the past.

Battle.Net - Dicehunter#2746

Origin - Dicehunter

Steam - Dicehunter

Uplay - Dicehunter

Anytime the subject of piracy comes up..I am reminded of this legendary scene from I.T crowd. 

IT CROWD <3 

yes that scene is fucking amazing

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

:ph34r:

I need a keycap of that.

I cannot be held responsible for any bad advice given.

I've no idea why the world is afraid of 3D-printed guns when clearly 3D-printed crossbows would be more practical for now.

My rig: The StealthRay. Plans for a newer, better version of its mufflers are already being made.

Yeah, all PC gamers are pirates.... That's why steam sells insane amounts of games every day....

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

I am shocked, SHOCKED, that a french person of his generation would be so over dramatic.

I can see why they say that. I'm sure everyone here has pirated at least 1 game. Actually it would be more ridiculous if they said no one pirates games. At least we all know that isn't true

Ubisoft is still not dead to me, sounds very weird.

But they have one game, one freaking chance to not fuck-it-up.

If the game, The Division sucks, there would be nothing more to "keep on diggin".

Thats when its rock bottom to me.

also, slightly off topic, but not important enough to make a new topic about it:

Uplay is down, at least in the Netherlands. You can't log in anymore, and my FC4 download stopped at literally 69%.

All this has to be a joke right, it HAS to be....

THE signature

I started boycotting Ubisoft games since the Anno 2070 and when they pulled the "95% of PC gamers are pirates" slogan on top of everyone's forehead I swore never to purchase an Ubisoft game again. I've been gifted Child of Light and Rayman Origins from someone random which was nice of them and they were great games, then there was the two free games I got with my GTX 980's which was Unity and FC4.

Well Unity is unplayable for me and FC4 has a sound issue where I can't hear anything except for in cutscenes which is odd. Other than the sound issue in FC4 that game seems to run fine, so I suppose they have redeemed themselves a little but Unity firmly cemented my disdain for Ubisoft, even moreso with what happened with Watchdogs too.

If they're still complaining that we're pirates then stop developing games for the PC, it's as simple as that.

I can see why they say that. I'm sure everyone here has pirated at least 1 game. Actually it would be more ridiculous if they said no one pirates games. At least we all know that isn't true

well, seeing by that logic I guess he would be right.

also, slightly off topic, but not important enough to make a new topic about it:

Uplay is down, at least in the Netherlands. You can't log in anymore, and my FC4 download stopped at literally 69%.

All this has to be a joke right, it HAS to be....

Its at 69 ubisoft trolling people now confirmed. /jk. Yes apparently according to isitdownrightnow.com its down for everyone

Intel i7 4702MQ| Nvidia GTX 850M| Kingston 16GB DDR3 1600Mhz| Acer VA70_HW (mobo)| 1TB WD Blue| MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ8E0|1600x900 display|Win 8.1

Intel i5 4690K @Stock| Sapphire 390 Nitro| Hyper X Fury 2x4GB| MSI SLI Krait z97| Noctua Nh-U12S | 850 EVO 256GB| 2TB WD Black | CM V 850w| Enthoo Luxe

If you want to tag me or any person with periods do: @[Member='Name]

Ubisoft is still not dead to me, sounds very weird.

But they have one game, one freaking chance to not fuck-it-up.

If the game, The Division sucks, there would be nothing more to "keep on diggin".

Thats when its rock bottom to me.

The fact that you're still giving them the benefit of the doubt for their games is the reason they keep surviving. People need to STOP. Wait for a game to come out. Wait for reviews. Go watch Totalbiscuit and a few other websites like HardOCP bench it, talk about bugs, whatever. In the end, you'll find out if it's worth your money without buying it... then if it is? Buy it. Nobody'll say anything about it... hell they probably want it too. But the minute you're saying things like "they still have a chance" when they have a literal track record of PC gaming slaughtering since Assassin's Creed 2's always-online DRM and Uplay and various other broken titles, performance-wise or otherwise, then you're just part of the problem.

I started boycotting Ubisoft games since the Anno 2070 and when they pulled the "95% of PC gamers are pirates" slogan on top of everyone's forehead I swore never to purchase an Ubisoft game again. I've been gifted Child of Light and Rayman Origins from someone random which was nice of them and they were great games, then there was the two free games I got with my GTX 980's which was Unity and FC4.

Well Unity is unplayable for me and FC4 has a sound issue where I can't hear anything except for in cutscenes which is odd. Other than the sound issue in FC4 that game seems to run fine, so I suppose they have redeemed themselves a little but Unity firmly cemented my disdain for Ubisoft, even moreso with what happened with Watchdogs too.

If they're still complaining that we're pirates then stop developing games for the PC, it's as simple as that.

They'll never stop developing for PC because people BUY THE GAMES. The casuals don't care if a game's "mostly broken" or whatever... if they want it they buy it and just live with it or figure they need a stronger system. If Ubisoft really got no sales, then they'd see PC as unprofitable for the development cost and stop making games there. 

I have finally moved to a desktop. Also my guides are outdated as hell.

THE INFORMATION GUIDES: SLI INFORMATION || vRAM INFORMATION || MOBILE i7 CPU INFORMATION || Maybe more someday