Macs - Overpriced or Not?

Henry

i think a lot of the options they give you are over priced, but most of things they make are just expensive.

things apple overprices:

-ram

-storage

-accessories

-ipods

but i think most of their machines are just expensive. i mean you wouldnt get mad at bmw for including leather seats... and anyone who has owned a $500 laptop knows its no macbook.

Mac Pro 2013, 3.5GHz 6-core xeon E5, 32GB 1866 ddr3 ECC, 2x AMD Firepro d700 6GB, 512GB PCIe SSD, 3x Dell u2412m 24", Audio-technica ad-700 with Astro mixamp, Logitech g19s, Steelseries Sensei Wireless, Saitek x-55.

Other than 5k display. (mostly because 5k display is more overpriced by other company)

Overpriced.

Anyone who has a sister hates the fact that his sister isn't Kasugano Sora.
Anyone who does not have a sister hates the fact that Kasugano Sora isn't his sister.
I'm not insulting anyone; I'm just being condescending. There is a difference, you see...

I would just like to point out that the 5k iMac is the same price as Dell's new normal 5k monitor alone.

5k isn't everything.

5k isn't everything.

neither is a computer. we're talking about whether its overpriced

Mac Pro 2013, 3.5GHz 6-core xeon E5, 32GB 1866 ddr3 ECC, 2x AMD Firepro d700 6GB, 512GB PCIe SSD, 3x Dell u2412m 24", Audio-technica ad-700 with Astro mixamp, Logitech g19s, Steelseries Sensei Wireless, Saitek x-55.

Other than 5k display. (mostly because 5k display is more overpriced by other company)

Overpriced.

Cop out statement.

5k isn't everything.

Well, it kind of is.

Cop out statement.

Well, it kind of is.

Sure...

If 5k is everything then we would have 5k as standard.

Anyone who does not have a sister hates the fact that Kasugano Sora isn't his sister.
I'm not insulting anyone; I'm just being condescending. There is a difference, you see...

Sure...

4k is becoming a standard; and 5k will be the new 1440p. I'd love to have a 5k display; do you realize how much room there would be....holy crap...I could be so productive.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Sure...

You obviously don't understand why the iMac and other 27" screens are/should be 5k.

You obviously don't understand why the iMac and other 27" screens are/should be 5k.

If you understood why, then you would realize the reason why there are not that many displays that are 5k.

If you understood why, then you would realize the reason why there are not that many displays that are 5k.

Because it's hard/expensive to pull off.

Theres a reason the Dell 5k monitor was such a big thing.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Sigh... If you don't get it then why are you posting?

What you are saying is literally the same as 7 or so years ago saying - 'Why is 1440p a thing? 1080 should be standard'.

I don't get why it is so hard for people to grasp the issues of scaling.

Oh for goodness sake, the only thing that determines if a computer is over priced are the end use factors.  There are just too many factors that need to be considered.

Also you can't compare it to the dell 5K because the dell is a true 10bit panel and we don't know what the iMac is yet.  Everything else is just assumptions.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Oh for goodness sake, the only thing that determines if a computer is over priced are the end use factors.  There are just too many factors that need to be considered.

Also you can't compare it to the dell 5K because the dell is a true 10bit panel and we don't know what the iMac is yet.  Everything else is just assumptions.

Knowing Apple it's fair to make the assumption that its a very high end panel.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

Sigh... If you don't get it then why are you posting?

What you are saying is literally the same as 7 or so years ago saying - 'Why is 1440p a thing? 1080 should be standard'.

I don't get why it is so hard for people to grasp the issues of scaling.

Exactly, if you don't get it then why are you posting?

neither is a computer. we're talking about whether its overpriced

Yes and you can't answer this by just saying oh its having a 5k Display.

The Dell 5k could be 1000 times better, resolution isn't everything.

Exactly, if you don't get it then why are you posting?

You're a very awful troll. Please don't contribute any further to this already awful thread.

Knowing Apple it's fair to make the assumption that its a very high end panel.

It's only got an 8 bit chip in it and apple are advertising "millions of colors" not "over a billion". So so far it looks to be an 8 bit panel maybe with FRC.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Oh, for goodness' sake, how many threads have we had on this topic? For people who want performance, YES, THEY ARE OVERPRICED. For simple people who want simple computers, NO, THEY ARE NOT NECESSARILY OVERPRICED.

When taking into consideration manufacturing processes, tolerances, raw material quality and part sourcing, no Apple product is overpriced. The devil is in the details, not in measurable specs alone.

Rule with your heart,

And live with your conscience.

Are macs overpriced?:

Mac Pro: Yes

Mac Mini: yes

regular iMac: Yes

Macbook Pro/Air: yes

Retina iMac: no

Current Rig:   CPU: AMD 1950X @4Ghz. Cooler: Enermax Liqtech TR4 360. Motherboard:Asus Zenith Extreme. RAM: 8GB Crucial DDR4 3666. GPU: Reference GTX 970  SSD: 250GB Samsung 970 EVO.  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 2TB. Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro. PSU: Corsair RM1000X. OS: Windows 10 Pro UEFI mode  (installed on SSD)

Peripherals:  Display: Acer XB272 1080p 240Hz G Sync Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Brown Mouse: Logitech G502 RGB Headhet: Roccat XTD 5.1 analogue

Daily Devices:Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact and 128GB iPad Pro

i think a lot of the options they give you are over priced, but most of things they make are just expensive.

things apple overprices:

-ram

-storage

-accessories

-ipods

but i think most of their machines are just expensive. i mean you wouldnt get mad at bmw for including leather seats... and anyone who has owned a $500 laptop knows its no macbook.

To the most part, this. However their storage isn't really overpriced because they use PCIe SSDs in many of their computers, which are expensive.

GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming CPU: i5-4570 RAM: 2x4gb Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600Mhz Motherboard: ASRock Z87 Extreme3 PSU: EVGA GS 650 CPU cooler: Be quiet! Shadow Rock 2 Case: Define R5 Storage: Crucial MX100 512GB

When taking into consideration manufacturing processes, tolerances, raw material quality and part sourcing, no Apple product is overpriced. The devil is in the details, not in measurable specs alone.

Then way is the iphone nearly three times as much as its production price?

Current Rig:   CPU: AMD 1950X @4Ghz. Cooler: Enermax Liqtech TR4 360. Motherboard:Asus Zenith Extreme. RAM: 8GB Crucial DDR4 3666. GPU: Reference GTX 970  SSD: 250GB Samsung 970 EVO.  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 2TB. Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro. PSU: Corsair RM1000X. OS: Windows 10 Pro UEFI mode  (installed on SSD)

Peripherals:  Display: Acer XB272 1080p 240Hz G Sync Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Brown Mouse: Logitech G502 RGB Headhet: Roccat XTD 5.1 analogue

Daily Devices:Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact and 128GB iPad Pro

Are macs overpriced?:

Mac Pro: Yes

Mac Mini: yes

regular iMac: Yes

Macbook Pro/Air: yes

Retina iMac: no

Mac Pro: No 

Man mini: I don't know (small form factor pcs are usually expensive)

regular imac: A little but not much more than other AIOs

rMBP/MBA: No

riMac: no 

Seriously, you need to do your research if you think that most macs are overpriced. 

Yes it is overpriced, but all AIOs are overpriced.

Well, thats not really what this is about; you can't compare any pre-built system to a custom build. 

yes overpriced  , Apple do not innovate, I can not justify their prices

Remind me again how Apple really started the whole high res screens on mainstream smartphones and laptops? Or how their A8 cpu is one of the fastest around in both cpu and gpu performance. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler