DX12 ONLY ON WIN 10

silenthill_69

Is the upcoming DX12 to be used as a tool by Microsoft to force us to upgrade to WIN10 as the company knows that over 50% of today’s users love& use WIN7 and with the bad reception of WIN8 forcing Microsoft to give it for free to some tablet manufactures and the disaster sales of its surface tablets is this the last attempt to make people switch knowing that most gamers use WIN 7 as a preferred OS and will NVIDIA & AMD be quiet as they know it will be a double upgrade for users who wish to buy their newer GPUs and take advantage of the DX12 features in the upcoming game engines.

http://www.kitguru.net/gaming/development/matthew-wilson/apparently-directx-12-wont-be-coming-to-windows-7/

post-154698-0-33481200-1416044035.jpg

I5 3570K@ 4.4 - GIGABYTE Z77- Kingston 8G 2400 RAM - MSI GTX980 - HAF-X - 27'' ROG SWIFT + 32'' LG IPS - OCZ 250G SSD + WD 4TB HDD - ASUS XONAR DX -Noctua NH-D14

God dammit.

Ola Englund does not approve of your hashtags. Sleep is for the weak, insomnia builds character.

As you are reading this you are slowly traveling forwards in time to where you will get out of the time machine and continue to read posts. Too spookyfor100me.

Oh man.... Well but this was to be expected...

But i wanted to get Win10 anyways. :D

who cares...

People loved XP, but they still only released a DX for Vista and 7. They add a new DX for every new OS. It's nothing new. And most people love 10 anyways. Also old news. Stop complaining.

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Intel Core i3-5005U, 8GB RAM, Crucial MX 100 128GB, Touch-Screen, Intel 7260 WiFi/Bluetooth card.

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

Softmodded Fat PS2 w/ 80GB HDD, and a Dreamcast.

If you want my attention quote my post, or tag me. If you don't use PCPartPicker I will ignore your build.

Ehhh... I'll have to move to windows 8/10 eventually. New operating system just causes issues with games, let the headaches begin.

Main: i7 2600 | ASUS P8Z68-V | 2x4GB Vengeance 1600 | GTX 580 | WD Blue 1TB | Antec TP-650C | NH U12S | W7 x64

Backup: X6 1090T | MSI K9A2 Platinum | 4x2GB XMS2 800 | GTX 550Ti | WD Blue 1TB |  Antec VP-450 | CM TX3 | W7 x64

I don't get the issues with leaving Windows 7... Evolve and adapt people! Evolve and adapt...

the issue is not leaving win7 but to force you to it in this evil way if they had made a good OS with win8 people would have moved with pleasure like you say evolve for the better not the worse

I5 3570K@ 4.4 - GIGABYTE Z77- Kingston 8G 2400 RAM - MSI GTX980 - HAF-X - 27'' ROG SWIFT + 32'' LG IPS - OCZ 250G SSD + WD 4TB HDD - ASUS XONAR DX -Noctua NH-D14

the issue is not leaving win7 but to force you to it in this evil way if they had made a good OS with win8 people would have moved with pleasure like you say evolve for the better not the worse

Its part of evolution. You cant expect it to be a smooth transition. They have their reasons.

Also, "IF they have made a good OS" if you mean Windows 8/10 was/is bad. Well, that's your opinion, I personally love that the start menu is gone. Performance improvements and the like are worth it.

They aren't forcing you to do anything though. Devs still support DX 9 and 10. They'll support 11 for a while too. 

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Intel Core i3-5005U, 8GB RAM, Crucial MX 100 128GB, Touch-Screen, Intel 7260 WiFi/Bluetooth card.

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

Softmodded Fat PS2 w/ 80GB HDD, and a Dreamcast.

If you want my attention quote my post, or tag me. If you don't use PCPartPicker I will ignore your build.

ish... be quiet

post-154698-0-66949600-1416046926.jpg

Remember the Official Windows Guide:

Windows 98 = Good

Windows ME = SHIT

Windows XP = Good

Windows Vista = SHIT

Windows 7 = Good

Windows 8 = SHIT

Windows 10 = Good (Supposedly however proves that not even Microsoft can count to 10).

Main Machine:  16 inch MacBook Pro (2021), Apple M1 Pro (10 CPU, 16 GPU Core), 512GB SDD, 16GB RAM

Gaming Machine:  Acer Nitro 5, Core i7 10750H, RTX 3060 (L) 6GB, 1TB SSD (Boot), 2TB SSD (Storage), 32GB DDR4 RAM

Other Tech: iPhone 15 Pro Max, Series 6 Apple Watch (LTE), AirPods Max, PS4, Nintendo Switch, PS3, Xbox 360

Network Gear:  TP Link Gigabit 24 Port Switch, TP-Link Deco M4 Mesh Wi-Fi, M1 MacMini File & Media Server with 8TB of RAID 1 Storage

Remember the Official Windows Guide:

Windows 98 = Good

Windows ME = SHIT

Windows XP = Good

Windows Vista = SHIT

Windows 7 = Good

Windows 8 = SHIT

Windows 10 = Good (Supposedly however proves that not even Microsoft can count to 10).

Thats quite wrong. Windows XP was a piece of shit OS on release. After 20 million patches and updates, it became stable. Windows Vista as well, shit on release, and then became stable, windows 7 was also a pile of shit, its become alot better with updates and driver adaptations. Windows 8 was a far better release than 7, just many people couldnt adapt.

CPU: Intel Core i7 2600k | Mootherboard: ASUS P8z68v-Pro | GPU: EVGA GTX780Ti 3GB | RAM: Kingston HyperX Genesis 8GB (4GBx2) 1600mhz | PSU: Corsair AX760 | STORAGE: Samsung 840 Pro 512GB | COOLER: Noctua NH-C14 | CASE: Fractal Design Define R4 Pearl Black | Operating SystemWindows 7 Professional 64-bit |

Turns out, nobody wants to touch Windows 8 (and Microsoft is screwed)

http://www.digitaltrends.com/computing/nobody-wants-to-touch-windows-8-laptop-sales-suffer/

I'm fine with windows 8.1, it has way to much undeserved hate

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."