Far Cry 4 review code delayed to PCGamer... Ubisoft again?

Moura91PTT

So Ubisoft is back at it...

Link

Right now, Far Cry 4 reviews are popping up all over the internet. It is, by all reports, a great game. Unfortunately, we can neither confirm or deny that assessment. More troubling, given the launch state of Assassin's Creed: Unity, is that we can't tell you how it performs on PC. The reason is simple: we haven't yet received code.

If you're getting a sense of deja vu, it's because exactly the same thing happened with Unity. For Far Cry 4, Ubisoft held a console review event; giving multi-platform outlets the chance to have their reviews in place for today's embargo. We, naturally, need to play the game on PC. Last night, we were informed that code wouldn't arrive until Tuesday, the date of the game's launch.

UBISOFT!!!! y u do this? Just delay the PC game if it's not ready geeezzz.

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

Ubisoft being douchey?  WHAT?

Satan's buttcrack 4790K - MSI mpower ultramaxextreme AC - 16gb G.skillz Trident 2400 - ZLoLtac GTX 980  - Corsair H110 Overkill - Oculus Rift DK2 - Asus vg248qe7the144hzone

UBISHIT......

post-154698-0-54208200-1415986943.jpg

I5 3570K@ 4.4 - GIGABYTE Z77- Kingston 8G 2400 RAM - MSI GTX980 - HAF-X - 27'' ROG SWIFT + 32'' LG IPS - OCZ 250G SSD + WD 4TB HDD - ASUS XONAR DX -Noctua NH-D14

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Meh I don't think anyone should even consider buying it regardless and that season pass idea can go to hell I own 2 copies of every Far Cry game to date(pre-ordered collectors editions of 2 and 3) and not one has had a DLC or pre-order bonus that have been remotely decent.
Hell I'm not about to buy any single player game on release when I can wait a few months and pick it up for like $20 and the way Ubisoft has been lately I'd not even give then $5 and anyone who does deserves to be disappointed. 

| CPU: i7-4770K @4.6 GHz, | CPU cooler: NZXT Kraken x61 + 2x Noctua NF-A14 Industrial PPC PWM 2000RPM  | Motherboard: MSI Z87-GD65 Gaming | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB(2x8GB) 2133MHz, 11-11-11-27(Red) | GPU: 2x MSI R9 290 Gaming Edition  | SSD: Samsung 840 Evo 250gb | HDD: Seagate ST1000DX001 SSHD 1TB + 4x Seagate ST4000DX001 SSHD 4TB | PSU: Corsair RM1000 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 Black | Fans: 1x NZXT FZ 200mm Red LED 3x Aerocool Dead Silence 140mm Red Edition 2x Aerocool Dead Silence 120mm Red Edition  | LED lighting: NZXT Hue RGB |

Ubisoft is the reason why humans are so violent. ubishit gives us more and more reasons to go out and riot every single day :)

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

Ubisoft is the reason why humans are so violent. ubishit gives us more and more reasons to go out and riot every single day :)

Well Ubisoft + ISP's and their retarded data caps lol  ;)

| CPU: i7-4770K @4.6 GHz, | CPU cooler: NZXT Kraken x61 + 2x Noctua NF-A14 Industrial PPC PWM 2000RPM  | Motherboard: MSI Z87-GD65 Gaming | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB(2x8GB) 2133MHz, 11-11-11-27(Red) | GPU: 2x MSI R9 290 Gaming Edition  | SSD: Samsung 840 Evo 250gb | HDD: Seagate ST1000DX001 SSHD 1TB + 4x Seagate ST4000DX001 SSHD 4TB | PSU: Corsair RM1000 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 Black | Fans: 1x NZXT FZ 200mm Red LED 3x Aerocool Dead Silence 140mm Red Edition 2x Aerocool Dead Silence 120mm Red Edition  | LED lighting: NZXT Hue RGB |

RivalXfapster went to said event. PS4 it seems (Hopefully that doesnt say anything about the PC version)

This is a title I've been hanging out for!

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

This kind of shit is what happens when you let the production companies set the release date instead of the actual people physically making the game. Perhaps it's time for EA and Ubisoft to go the way of the Dodo and for Devs to band together to produce things on their own.

....for steam. Death to console.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

This kind of shit is what happens when you let the production companies set the release date instead of the actual people physically making the game.

So true and good point. I havent thought about that. Releasing two big titles from one dev company with days difference, no wonder its unfinished pile of crap...

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

So true and good point. I havent thought about that. Releasing two big titles from one dev company with days difference, no wonder its unfinished pile of crap...

Indeed. Artists need to work at their own pace, not the pace that the accountants and PR guys set for them.

This kind of shit is what happens when you let the production companies set the release date instead of the actual people physically making the game. Perhaps it's time for EA and Ubisoft to go the way of the Dodo and for Devs to band together to produce things on their own.

....for steam. Death to console.

Indeed. Artists need to work at their own pace, not the pace that the accountants and PR guys set for them.

and yet, where do they get the money to make it work? let's be honest, StarCitizen is a great example of how Kickstarter can work, but more often than not it fails miserably. The way it works now is best left in the hands of publishers like Valve, but still in the hands of Publishers.

Daily Driver:

Case: Red Prodigy CPU: i5 3570K @ 4.3 GHZ GPU: Powercolor PCS+ 290x @1100 mhz MOBO: Asus P8Z77-I CPU Cooler: NZXT x40 RAM: 8GB 2133mhz AMD Gamer series Storage: A 1TB WD Blue, a 500GB WD Blue, a Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

and yet, where do they get the money to make it work? let's be honest, StarCitizen is a great example of how Kickstarter can work, but more often than not it fails miserably. The way it works now is best left in the hands of publishers like Valve, but still in the hands of Publishers.

Still, we need more publishers that understand what the word "quality product" means.

For a company so tied to Nvidia, they seem really focused on hitting the mantle.

Oh jolly good show chap...that was absoloutely marvelous a good titter one such as myself had.

Gaming PC: Case: NZXT Phantom 820 Black | PSU: XFX 750w PRO Black Edition 80Plus Gold (Platinum) | CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K | CPU Cooler: BE QUIET! Dark Rock Pro 2 | MB: ASUS Sabertooth Z97 Mark S | RAM: 24GB Kingston HyperX and Corsair Vengeance 1866MHz | GPU: MSI R9 280X 3G | SSD: Samsung 840 Evo 250GB | HDD: 9TB Total | Keyboard: K70 RGB Brown | Mouse: R.A.T MMO7

Laptop: HP Envy 15-j151sa | 1920x1080 60HZ LED | APU: AMD A10-5750M 2.5GHZ - 3.5GHZ | 8GB DDR3 1600mhz | GPU: AMD  HD 8650G + 8750M Dual Graphics | 1TB SSHD

I've been playing FC4 for about 4 hours now, and these are my first impressions;

-Wow, this is a gorgeous game! So many cool little things like banners waving around (simulated BTW; you can move them!), animals, trees and bushes moving naturally, and with HBAO+ it's really great at shadowing too. Not to mention insane character animations, mocap, and facial detail.

-Very well optimized, even on a Core i3/GTX 760/8GB I get smooth framerates with nearly everything maxed except AA and texture quality

-Controls well, handles great (driving is a bit slippery though)

-Voice acting is great. Troy Baker, you've outdone yourself.

So, don't get in a tizzy about it; it might be a mistake they made to delay the code, but trust me, this game is a rock-solid experience. I haven't encountered any bugs so far, only a minor motion-blur goof where the area around the bow will stay un-blurred when moving.

Fuck Unity, Ubisoft still has a few tricks up its sleeve!

TLDR: this is a rock-solid PC port, with great enhancements and graphical goodies that tie in nicely with great optimization. Ubisoft developed on the PC and ported to consoles, and it shows.

I've been playing FC4 for about 4 hours now, and these are my first impressions;

-Wow, this is a gorgeous game! So many cool little things like banners waving around (simulated BTW; you can move them!), animals, trees and bushes moving naturally, and with HBAO+ it's really great at shadowing too. Not to mention insane character animations, mocap, and facial detail.

-Very well optimized, even on a Core i3/GTX 760/8GB I get smooth framerates with nearly everything maxed except AA and texture quality

-Controls well, handles great (driving is a bit slippery though)

-Voice acting is great. Troy Baker, you've outdone yourself.

So, don't get in a tizzy about it; it might be a mistake they made to delay the code, but trust me, this game is a rock-solid experience. I haven't encountered any bugs so far, only a minor motion-blur goof where the area around the bow will stay un-blurred when moving.

Fuck Unity, Ubisoft still has a few tricks up its sleeve!

Thank God! I hope my 280x will be able to max this

Thank God! I hope my 280x will be able to max this

Maybe? Probably not max; the environment quality and terrain quality are pretty punishing. Though they go from low-med-high-very high-ultra, so there's plenty of room to experiment.

Looks like it's much better optimized than ACU.

Below video was taken on a midrange R9 270 maxed out at 1080p.

I can't stand the high amount of motion blur, but the framerate looks good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g92x4bNo72E