Ubisoft changing reviews policy, Working with gamers in wake of Assassin's Creed Unity

Oh Ubisoft..

y-u-no-love-me.jpg

In responding to a story about widespread criticism about the unstable nature of Assassin's Creed Unity, publisher and developer Ubisoft said  that it is working to change the way it works with game reviewers and gamers.

The Game was widely criticized for major glitches in game after it's release, The French company said that it was working on fixes.

"We are working to adapt our services and communications with consumers accordingly, both by changing the way we work with reviewers and by offering customers open betas or other early access to some games, all so that they have the information they need and want"

- Ubisoft Spokesman To BBC

PC gaming screenshot below with character face missing..

_78963123_d23491d9-5a60-4160-8378-73dd93

Court BBC/Gamespot : HUE HUE HUE...

Gamers have suggested that the PC version of the title appears to be the most buggy,Some have encountered invisible walls and can hang onto ledges that are not there & a flaw where the character falling through the floor to infinite depths..

The spokesperson said that the issues are coming from the launch of Assassin's Creed: Unity, where we saw late embargoes for the reviews  most likely to stop the negative press from getting out and affecting the launch, But maybe it's a bit late now.. :/

assassins-creed-unity.jpg

Some believe the noon review for Assassin's Creed Unity was tied to some foreknowledge by the developer that the game had serious stability issues.But a spokeswoman for Ubisoft denied her firm had acted out of a lack of respect for customers.

Earlier today, Ubisoft detailed some of the work it is doing to fix major problems, like the protagonist falling through the ground or getting stuck in hay bales. The post on the official blog did not address how the problems made it into final, retail code.

A patch was, however, provided on the launch day to tackle "random crashes" and some animation issues.

"Having the online elements available and having populated world's is essential to creating a representative and complete experience for reviewers. Achieving this prior to launch is incredibly complex, which is why some games are being reviewed much closer - or as was the case with Destiny, even after - the game launches".

The official told the BBC that issues that arose out of Unity, including the late embargo for reviews, was driven by the changing nature of games

Quote "The nature of games themselves and the way they are being reviewed is changing, as evidenced by games like Assassin's Creed Unity, Destiny and The Crew.. games that have significant online components"

You look soo prettah!

_78971521_8adf04a3-3da6-444a-b358-453c08

Glitch screenshot from a PC

Assassin's Creed Unity' Embargo Isn't Unique To That Game, Polygon’s Ben Kuchera calls it a “weaponized” review embargo, noting that “you can always get some hints about the game from the timing of its embargo. In this case the embargo hinted at a game that’s in no way ready for release, and the reality of the situation proves that hypothesis.” Kuchera also says review embargoes, when not used this way, are a good thing that keep everyone on a level playing field.

Below are a few quotes from Rob Crossley, UK news editor of Gamespot.

"The glitches are so bad that it's become a source of mockery,"

"There are characters that float past the screen, the main protagonist walks in the air, people are falling through the floor, people's faces are disappearing mid-kiss.

"If a publisher has proven it can't publish a game properly and displeases its core user base, then I think there are legitimate questions to be made about how well the company will fare in the future."

-  Rob Crossley, UK news editor of Gamespot.

acu_screen_combatsword_e3_140609_4pmpst_

The company had been under pressure to meet the titles' scheduled release dates after announcing lengthy delays to other high-profile games: Watch Dogs, which ultimately went on sale about a year later than expected, and The Crew, which is running roughly nine months late.

"I would say that delaying a game for the sake of quality is a much more commendable solution than releasing it in fear." said rob

All in all . i think Ubisoft needs a break from all the hate, they are evolving but they are learning new things at the same time..

Do leave your thoughts / Rants or comments down beloooooooooow...

Bonus:

Assassins-Creed-Brotherhood---Blending.j

Source:

http://www.polygon.com/2014/11/13/7215169/ubisoft-to-change-reviews-policy-work-more-with-gamers-in-wake-of

http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-30040613

Details separate people.

ebiriXO.gif

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

Now lets start with a Far cry 4 demo starting tomorrow morning ;)

I like how companys get off their asses and start working as soon as their stocks drop.

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

People talk about the graphical and performance issues of this game too much. You forget they took out classic features like PICKING UP dead bodies and moving them and making us get skill points to use abilities we had from the get go in other AC games. This game runs like shit and its game play is shit.

Case:Define R4 | MOBO:ASRock z75 Pro 3 | CPU:i7-3770k 4.0GHz | CPU Cooler:H100i | GPU:970 Strix | RAM:Hyper X 16GB | 

Peripherals:ATH-M50x Limited Blue Edition | K95 RGB | M65 RGB | Blue Yeti MIC | (3x)1920x2080 Acer Monitors

lol i love how people keeps believing in Ubisoft.. second topic like this i have seen saying that Ubisoft has learned, last one i saw was about how they seemed to have changed and was gonna make unity look great on PC.. LOL yea well it cant be played on any PC that can be made :P

Proud Member of the Glorious PC Master Race

Instead of hate/rage posts, people should submit feedbacks on how to make it better 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X GPU: ASUS Strix Radeon R7 5700 XT OC Edition Motherboard: ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero RAM: G.Skill Trident Z DDR4-3200 CL14 SSD: 2x Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PSU: Corsair AX860 Cooling: NZXT Kraken X72 Case: Corsair Crystal Series 570X Mirror Black Display: BenQ XL2420Z  Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Cherry MX Blue Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Audio: Logitech G633 Artemis Spectrum

Instead of hate/rage posts, people should submit feedbacks on how to make it better 

Fire everyone in charge of PR and whoever in management  makes decisions for the development side. 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

Fire everyone in charge of PR and whoever in management  makes decisions for the development side. 

Well...........that escalated quickly

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X GPU: ASUS Strix Radeon R7 5700 XT OC Edition Motherboard: ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero RAM: G.Skill Trident Z DDR4-3200 CL14 SSD: 2x Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PSU: Corsair AX860 Cooling: NZXT Kraken X72 Case: Corsair Crystal Series 570X Mirror Black Display: BenQ XL2420Z  Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Cherry MX Blue Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Audio: Logitech G633 Artemis Spectrum

Well...........that escalated quickly

Bout the only way to make them better. 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

And hire people who are actually good in managing stuff....

Thing is it's hard to tell unless they are scooped up from another company. 

muh specs 

All parts black

What if Bethesda took over? Sure they're not perfect, but I'm pretty sure they're better

What if Bethesda took over? Sure they're not perfect, but I'm pretty sure they're better

What about THQ.. :ph34r:

Thing is it's hard to tell unless they are scooped up from another company. 

Well Ubisoft "hired" people from Eden Studios to make The Crew......

Eden Studios made TDU, a good racing game.

Oh wait, it's Eden Games, not Eden Studios.... :wacko:

Edited by Bubblewhale

As long as they don't block honest reviews about games problems I don't mind this.

Totalbiscuit had a good rant on why they do an embargo.. because they know it's shit, and block reviews so they can still make a shit-ton of money compared to people actually being informed about the issues and holding off spending money.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

I think Ubisoft needs to shift to either a 2 year, or 3 year release cycle for Assassin's creed; the games have huge potential. Spend some time and do a proper job, rather than trying to rush the game out within a few months and putting an embargo on reviewers. AAA game development is a massive undertaking it's no suprise that they cannot optimize anything if they are just trying to churn out as fast as possible.

I think Ubisoft needs to shift to either a 2 year, or 3 year release cycle for Assassin's creed. Spend some time and do a good, rather than trying to rush the game out within a few months and putting an embargo on reviewers. AAA game development is a massive undertaking it's no suprise that they cannot optimize anything if they are just trying to churn out as fast as possible.

Hell yah they do. 

muh specs 

All parts black

I think Ubisoft needs to shift to either a 2 year, or 3 year release cycle for Assassin's creed. Spend some time and do a good, rather than trying to rush the game out within a few months and putting an embargo on reviewers. AAA game development is a massive undertaking it's no suprise that they cannot optimize anything if they are just trying to churn out as fast as possible.

This is what they should do

To think that Ubisoft used to be a good company, really, what the fuck are they thinking right now? They turned from a liked company to replacing EA with the most hated company....

Get rid of everyone working on Ubi Kiev, close down the studio, hire people capable of doing ports. Stop trying to shit out an AC game (or two) every single year. Stop putting nearly 1000 people from like 20 different studios on the same project thereforth muddying up the entire process. Fire the entire damn PR department. That would be a good start.

I think Ubisoft needs to shift to either a 2 year, or 3 year release cycle for Assassin's creed; the games have huge potential. Spend some time and do a proper job, rather than trying to rush the game out within a few months and putting an embargo on reviewers. AAA game development is a massive undertaking it's no suprise that they cannot optimize anything if they are just trying to churn out as fast as possible.

I think they should just stop with the release cycle all together it's stupid how about only bother making and releasing a sequel when you have something to actually add to the franchise at this point they might as well just turn all of their games into COD when they're releasing a new version each year not because they have anything to add or any good ideas or story to tell but rather because they need to cash in on the series name. 90% of games with a release cycle might as well just be DLC for the previous game at this point.

| CPU: i7-4770K @4.6 GHz, | CPU cooler: NZXT Kraken x61 + 2x Noctua NF-A14 Industrial PPC PWM 2000RPM  | Motherboard: MSI Z87-GD65 Gaming | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB(2x8GB) 2133MHz, 11-11-11-27(Red) | GPU: 2x MSI R9 290 Gaming Edition  | SSD: Samsung 840 Evo 250gb | HDD: Seagate ST1000DX001 SSHD 1TB + 4x Seagate ST4000DX001 SSHD 4TB | PSU: Corsair RM1000 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 Black | Fans: 1x NZXT FZ 200mm Red LED 3x Aerocool Dead Silence 140mm Red Edition 2x Aerocool Dead Silence 120mm Red Edition  | LED lighting: NZXT Hue RGB |

We've been hearing so much crap from Ubisoft over the years "Oh we love PC gamers" "We'll be more focused on PC gamers".

Ubisoft is beyond fixing, they're a failed company. I bet in a couple years we'll start seeing them sell of their smaller franchises.

Now lets start with a Far cry 4 demo starting tomorrow morning ;)

I like how companys get off their asses and start working as soon as their stocks drop.

I played far cry 4 at PAX aus, within 60 sec of playing I had bugged in to a wall and could not get out.... The look on the people working the booth there was priceless as I showed everyone in line the bug.

GPU: Gigabyte HD7970 | Mobo: ASUS Z97i PLUS | CPU: 4790K

HDD: Samsung 1tb SSD | Disp: 3x Asus 23.6" 1080p

RAM: 16gb Kingston Hyper X | Case: None