R9 390X Fiji XT - Extreme Memory Bandwidth & SPs

Paragon_X

I bet that a R9 390x will be more expensive than a GTX 970

Of course It will it's the top tier. Whether or not it's going to be more expensive than the 980 is what's important.

It is like saying "well, good thing I didn't buy the new Mercedes E-class, with the new BMW 7-series on it's way"

a R9 390x will most likely be in the 500-600€ ballpark (when it gets released), while a GTX 970 plays in the 300€ league ...

please tell me where have i mentioned anything bout 390x?? dafak -.-
If one does not fail at times, then one has not challenged himself.

It is like saying "well, good thing I didn't buy the new Mercedes E-class, with the new BMW 7-series on it's way"

a R9 390x will most likely be in the 500-600€ ballpark (when it gets released), while a GTX 970 plays in the 300€ league ...

hahaha and u got Masters degree in Management :D nice profs u must have had.. comparing apples to oranges, gj dude.

Dude you posted it in a thread about the 390x......muppet

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

Are you even serious? This whole thread is about R9 390X and nothing else ?!

hahaha and u got Masters degree in Management :D nice profs u must have had.. comparing apples to oranges, gj dude.

So you are going the personal insult route now?

But yes, I had really nice profs. Profs whose work got cited 100-1000 of times and also many lectures held by CEOs, Partners and other top executives of worldwide leading corporations.

Mini-Desktop: NCASE M1 Build Log
Mini-Server: M350 Build Log

Dude you posted it in a thread about the 390x......muppet

So you are going the personal insult route now?

But yes, I had really nice profs. Profs whose work got cited 100-1000 of times and also many lectures held by CEOs, Partners and other top executives of worldwide leading corporations.

c70.png

My Rig "Jenova" Ryzen 7 3900X with EK Supremacy Elite, RTX3090 with EK Fullcover Acetal + Nickel & EK Backplate, Corsair AX1200i (sleeved), ASUS X570-E, 4x 8gb Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3800MHz 16CL, 500gb Samsung 980 Pro, Raijintek Paean

Of course It will it's the top tier. Whether or not it's going to be more expensive than the 980 is what's important.

Considering they're going to be trying to get 4096 stream processors per die, the failure rate at the start will be massive. Expect $600+ pricing

Also it's the first round of a die shrink, which will also result in increased failure rates.

Don't be disillusioned. AMD have only been priced so low as they have only just matched or came below Nvidia these past few generations, with the only way to retain market share to be take lower margins.

They're not going to be launching a card 50% more powerful than a 980 (as this seems to be) and price it lower.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X - CPU Cooler: Deepcool Castle 240EX - Motherboard: MSI B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC

RAM: 2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RBG 3200MHz - GPU: MSI RTX 3080 GAMING X TRIO

Whats with all the personal attacks on the forums as of late?

Seems like we're seeing this more and more lately. A few people disagree on something, or there's a misunderstanding and a bunch of people start throwing insults, calling each other names etc. You all realize by doing so, it only makes you look immature and uneducated...

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

EXPERIMENTAL: Pinebook // 11.6" 1080p // Manjaro KDE (ARM)

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS

you just judge on things I didn't say, not good. judging things u don't understand in general, very bad. also I don't care what you study, incase you think this "personal route" was any serious. posting silly things like this shows to me how much perusal you made in your studies.

what i am interested in, is the 390. @PortentousLad ,on the other hand, seems to get my point.

Considering they're going to be trying to get 4096 stream processors per die, the failure rate at the start will be massive. Expect $600+ pricing

My first thought as well, yields are going to be low.

But that probably means non-grade making chips will end up in a slightly cheaper product, just like... Well, always.

I still would want that 4K SPU card. But is it only going to be 4GB? That's still a bit on the low side, IMO 6GB is now rock bottom for upcoming games (The Witcher 3 and Star Citizen)

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

not

but 640GB/s, there is 8x difference

It will operate at much lower speed. :)

HARDWARE INTERRUPT MOTHAF#%A!
WINDOWS 10 = adware, driven by spyware

you just judge on things I didn't say, not good. judging things u don't understand in general, very bad. also I don't care what you study, incase you think this "personal route" was any serious. posting silly things like this shows to me how much perusal you made in your studies.

what i am interested in, is the 390. @PortentousLad ,on the other hand, seems to get my point.

i dont get your english let a lone your point 

mean while on topic.......im guessing that this will cost a bomb but good to see things moving forward

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

it does not matter. you can make 1 mhz memory with 10000000000000000000000 bit memory bus and it will be much faster than 128 bit + 10 GHZ

Computer users fall into two groups:
those that do backups
those that have never had a hard drive fail.

Sorry to go off-topic, but am i the only one who gets annoyed when smileys are posts like this?

"I'm so happy that this won't be as good as it seems! :)" 

Seriously, I don't get it.

Frequency means nothing if you got a 4096-bit interface. Each clock can easily transfer 15x as much data compared to the 256-bit interface on the GTX 980.

Frequency means nothing if you got a 4096-bit interface. Each clock can easily transfer 15x as much data compared to the 256-bit interface on the GTX 980.

The interface is 512-bit. There's 4096 cores.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

Honestly, the R9 290 that I currently run somewhat disappoints me. While Nvidia are bringing out new technologies on a regular basis while giving us drivers that don't suck. Before you say "Mantle" I have used it and the difference in performance is barely noticeable if it improves, the rest of the time performance is actually worse.

Nvidia have shadowplay and gamestream while AMD have bloatware such as their gaming evolved app. Also, Nvidia GPUs tend to be much more efficient and a lot quieter. I know that depends on the cooler but the fan wouldn't have to run on such a high percentage if it didn't get so hot.

However, I will stick with my R9 290 for the five or so years it will last me. Unless that's what caused my two recent "IRQL_not_or_less_equal" BSODs. Then I have an excuse to replace it with a GTX 970.

tl;dr make a damn fucking good case for this one AMD. I have lost faith in you.

The Dude's PC Build<p>i5 4690k @ 3.5ghz w/ The Crappy Intel Stock Cooler | Asus Z97-K | 8GB Corsair Vengance LP DDR3 RAM @ 1600mhz |1TB Seagate Barracuda + 120GB Samsung Evo SSD | Gigabyte Windforce R9 290 4GB | 650 Watt CoolerMaster Gaming Series PSU | Bitfenix Shinobi Windowed | BenQ GL2460 | Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Brown | Razer Naga Hex Wraith Red gaming mouse | A £0.63 mouse pad from artcow.com

you just judge on things I didn't say, not good.

So your statement "well, good thing i didnt jump on the gtx970 hype train" was in no context to the R9 390X.

Shame on me then. How could I have come to that conclusion.

judging things u don't understand in general, very bad.

Only thing worse then probably is judging people you don't know at all.

also I don't care what you study, incase you think this "personal route" was any serious.

So why did you even care to click my profile :D

posting silly things like this shows to me how much perusal you made in your studies.

Again judging other people you don't know at all?!

oh .... wait ... what? I thought your post was in no context at all to the R9 390X discussed here?

Now I am confused.

GTX 980 ring a bell?

"Rawr XD"

GTX 980 ring a bell?

"well, good thing i didnt jump on the gtx970 hype train"

you are missing the whole point ...

The interface is 512-bit. There's 4096 cores.

Not sure where your logic is coming from, but it more often than not is extremely flawed.

We're not dealing with GDDR5 anymore, HBM has a 1024-bit interface for each stack. 4 GB means 4 stacks @ 1024-bit each resulting in a 4096-bit interface.

Not sure where your logic is coming from, but it more often than not is extremely flawed.

Have a citation for that? I know HMC was designed for that, but HBM 1.0 to my knowledge was designed for a dual-channel (2x) 512-bit interface to bring it to market faster.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

I doubt it if they consider it GCN 1.2; AMD calls it GCN 3.0 and people should know that.

and 4096 bit interface?

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

Should I wait for more info? Planning to build my PC, and have a 970 on it, does this mean that it isn't a wise choice? Or wait until christmas and see what's up with the news and rumors?