R9 390X Fiji XT - Extreme Memory Bandwidth & SPs

Paragon_X

All of the work was already done as once memory becomes a JEDEC standard manufactures essentially have a guideline of how to produce said technology. AMD didn't invest any money into R&D with Hynix but more over covered production costs in order for them to mass produce it. As for being a cost issue we both know HBM more than likely won't drive up AMD pricing. AMD would of never invested into using such a technology if it drove up production costs of their products.

would have* Second, never say never, third, it's still R&D money. It's still Hynix's expensive little baby. and AMD till has to pay for it. Product prices will go up or margins go down. One of the two.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

would have* Second, never say never, third, it's still R&D money. It's still Hynix's expensive little baby. and AMD till has to pay for it. Product prices will go up or margins go down. One of the two.

With AMD, I'd probably lean towards margins going down. I think they know they need to catch up first. The 290 was a good start, but there's still a lot of road to cover.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

With AMD, I'd probably lean towards margins going down. I think they know they need to catch up first. The 290 was a good start, but there's still a lot of road to cover.

Eh...their margins were already low. AMD is barely a 14% margin company, and that's before paying off debts.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd