Only reason why i would buy a console

firest0rm

Tekken, Marvel vs capcom, Fifa or any other type of sports game.

playing tekken or marvel vs capcom on a keyboard = horrible i know u can hook up the controller to your pc but the drivers arent always supported

its the only reason why i would actually buy a console

Ok then. Different people have different reasons for owning a console. Although I am a primarily PC gamer I own a console because my friends play console and it's nice to join them every now and again. Some people like the idea of popping a game in and knowing it's going to work, rather than upgrading every couple of years.

if console manufacturers would do it the right way you would need to buy a new console every couple of years, with a maximum of 5 years total

the argument of rather then upgrading it every couple of years doesnt make sense cause then you would be holding the game devs back from creating bigger and better games

i mean seriously we can have games with more then a 1000 players in 1 map on the computer (look at planetside 2 for instance)

this is just not doable with the current way the consoles are doing it right now i personally hope SteamBox wil come in and steal the show with their upgradeable console

Don't get me wrong here, I completely agree. I like my system running more than scaled down games and netflix but I'm saying that some people choose consoles for their own reasons and was just noting a few reasons people I know bought consoles. It might just be me but I'm quite comfortable with how things are progressing in the way of gaming.

Consoles are for people who don't want to be bothered with PC gaming, When I say be bothered I mean a few things:

1. Installation*

2. updates**

3. Troubleshooting***

* I know that consoles can either optional install or in some cases require install. However this process is entirely Automated. You don't tell it where to install, or what to install and you don't have to click next a million times. (Excuse my over exaggeration)

** Consoles do have to update. Once again completely automated. You press OK and walk away. No finding/downloading/installing*

*** Troubleshooting. Now the top 2 being done properly pretty much makes this last one redundant it is the most valid. People who have a problem with a console game normally take the game back to the shop and get a new one. A PC game normally has a product key which you can't just take back because you've already used it and now own the game. If you do want to play it you could encounter glitches that cause the game to not start at all or not display correctly or anything is really possible here. Unless you're at least reasonably computer literate you don't even know where to begin. Somebody in the shop you bought it from is unlikely going to try and troubleshoot it for you.

So you buy a console.

its all a matter of ease of use. Sure consoles have there issues but because they're all more or less the same, the issues are less and what issues there are normally have a known fix. there are always exceptions of course.

I have to deal with customers buying games everyday. The worst thing is when somebody who really should have a console, wants to return a PC game because they can't figure out how to make it work. All this because they know that PC gaming looks better and runs smoother and generally provides a better experience. (Obviously depending on the computer)

I feel like I could post this in most of the threads in this section. There is a lot of console hate. I personally love them. They make my life easier.

In saying that I could never actually replace my computer with one.

Reasons to own a console:

1. Makes my life easier

2. certain games e.g. fighting, sports. This one could cause havoc but Racing games.

3. Exclusives

4. split screen. (yes some PC games work well with split screen but generally speaking)

5. Multiple functions e.g. Media Players.

6. Innovation (Often Tech comes to the console market first because there is a larger consume base e.g. Kinect[admittedly gimmicky], WiiU GamePad, in game voice control.)

And I have to leave one for the trolls

7. When they die they make a good doorstop.

One Steam to rule them all, One Sale to find them, One Sale to bring them all and with their wallets, bind them! - r/pcmasterrace 17/01/2014

Spoiler
  • CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k
  • CPU Cooler: CM Hyper 212+ 
  • RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2400Mhz (2x8GB)
  • GPU: Gigabyte G1 R9 390 
  • Mobo: Asus Z170-AR
  • PSU: Antec High Current Gamer 900W 
  • Storage: 240GB intel 520 SSD (OS), Sandisk 128GB SSD(Other OS) 2x 2TB Seagate Barracuda 
  • Case: Fractal Design R4

I bought one because I wanted to play with my friends...

Consoles are for people who don't want to be bothered with PC gaming, When I say be bothered I mean a few things:

1. Installation*

2. updates**

3. Troubleshooting***

* I know that consoles can either optional install or in some cases require install. However this process is entirely Automated. You don't tell it where to install, or what to install and you don't have to click next a million times. (Excuse my over exaggeration)

** Consoles do have to update. Once again completely automated. You press OK and walk away. No finding/downloading/installing*

*** Troubleshooting. Now the top 2 being done properly pretty much makes this last one redundant it is the most valid. People who have a problem with a console game normally take the game back to the shop and get a new one. A PC game normally has a product key which you can't just take back because you've already used it and now own the game. If you do want to play it you could encounter glitches that cause the game to not start at all or not display correctly or anything is really possible here. Unless you're at least reasonably computer literate you don't even know where to begin. Somebody in the shop you bought it from is unlikely going to try and troubleshoot it for you.

So you buy a console.

its all a matter of ease of use. Sure consoles have there issues but because they're all more or less the same, the issues are less and what issues there are normally have a known fix. there are always exceptions of course.

I have to deal with customers buying games everyday. The worst thing is when somebody who really should have a console, wants to return a PC game because they can't figure out how to make it work. All this because they know that PC gaming looks better and runs smoother and generally provides a better experience. (Obviously depending on the computer)

I feel like I could post this in most of the threads in this section. There is a lot of console hate. I personally love them. They make my life easier.

1. Makes my life easier

2. certain games e.g. fighting, sports. This one could cause havoc but Racing games.

3. Exclusives

4. split screen. (yes some PC games work well with split screen but generally speaking)

6. Innovation (Often Tech comes to the console market first because there is a larger consume base e.g. Kinect[admittedly gimmicky], WiiU GamePad, in game voice control.)

or you dont have enough cash for a pc im 14 and after 1 year of saving up im about half way their

1. Installation*

2. updates**

3. Troubleshooting***

So you buy a console.

1. Makes my life easier

3. Exclusives

or you dont have enough cash for a pc im 14 and after 1 year of saving up im about half way their

if console manufacturers would do it the right way you would need to buy a new console every couple of years, with a maximum of 5 years total

the argument of rather then upgrading it every couple of years doesnt make sense cause then you would be holding the game devs back from creating bigger and better games

i mean seriously we can have games with more then a 1000 players in 1 map on the computer (look at planetside 2 for instance)

this is just not doable with the current way the consoles are doing it right now i personally hope SteamBox wil come in and steal the show with their upgradeable console

You might think they were holding game devs back, but no competition causes laziness.

Back in the day I bought a PS2 just to play Gran Turismo 4. Good old days :D

Asrock 890GX Extreme 3 - AMD Phenom II X4 955 @3.50GHz - Arctic Cooling Freezer XTREME Rev.2 - 4GB Kingston HyperX - AMD Radeon HD7850 - Kingston V300 240GB - Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB - Chieftec APS-750 - Cooler Master HAF912 PLUS

osu! profile

I own a xbox 360 because i won it in a competition. Its still unopened and i cant seem to get anyone to buy it. The only reason ive ever used a console was to play MGS series.

|i5 3570k @4.4Ghz | Asus Maximus V Gene | 8gb Corsair XMS3 | 2 x MSI HD7970 OC @ 1175mhz | 512gb Crucial M4 | Corsair AX750 | Fractal Design Define Mini | Dell P2416D 

We'll, I only have a console for playing Final Fantasy, Monster Hunter, and other JRPG's.

\[T]/ Praise the Sun!
Super Budget Gaming Build: Intel Pentium G1610, Gigabye GA-H61M-DS2 rev. 3, Kingston Value RAM 4GB CL9 1333MHz, Fractal Design Core 1000, Corsair VS 450, WD 1TB, Powercolor Radeon HD 7750 1GB/GDDR5, (Optional: Asus DRW-24B1ST).
 (Total: $340 USD)

1. Installation*

2. updates**

3. Troubleshooting***

So you buy a console.

1. Makes my life easier

3. Exclusives

Good on you, Keep saving dude.

One Steam to rule them all, One Sale to find them, One Sale to bring them all and with their wallets, bind them! - r/pcmasterrace 17/01/2014

Spoiler
  • Storage: 240GB intel 520 SSD (OS), Sandisk 128GB SSD(Other OS) 2x 2TB Seagate Barracuda 

I usually wait for all consoles to be released, and I pourchase the one that can give me an experience that I can't get, or at least not easily, on my PC.

Right now, I have my eyes on the WiiU. But I am waiting to see what Microsoft and Sony has to offer first.

Had a PS3 just for exclusives. Uncharted, GOW, and others.

I would buy a PS3 for PS3 exclusive anime games such as the new One-piece game. Seems like fun.

Good Morning...

• 4 weeks later...

PC needs more fighting games and some jrpgs.

1. Installation*

2. updates**

3. Troubleshooting***

So you buy a console.

1. Makes my life easier

3. Exclusives

Great post, I have to disagree with #5 as we can use our PCs as a media center as well.

Also Chimmy, what do you mean you don't have enough cash? Supposedly the new PS4 is going to be $600, you can buy a pretty decent computer for $600 and play games, I believe the PS3 was also $500-$600 at initial release.

1. Installation*

2. updates**

3. Troubleshooting***

So you buy a console.

1. Makes my life easier

3. Exclusives

I agree with you completely. A PC will work as a media center. Generally speaking a console fits better into a living room. Also while its acting for those other functions. :)

Spoiler

Honestly Consoles, PlayStation specifically, just have better games. Lets be real. That beast $1000 gaming rig we have is only used for WoW, LoL, Bf3, and other generic games...

i would get one[am actually planning to] to only play console exclusive games. if any1 is available on pc i will get the one on pc, but some of the console exclusive games are just way more ahead in gameplay than any pc game

i would get one[am actually planning to] to only play console exclusive games. if any1 is available on pc i will get the one on pc, but some of the console exclusive games are just way more ahead in gameplay than any pc game
Sometimes games like Assassin's creed, Batman Arkham Asylum/City, and most other action/adventure games are just better with a controller. Plus Trophy Whoring on the PlayStation, and Achievement Whoring on the Xbox gives the games multiple replay ability.

@OriginalGamer, there are such things as Steam achievements too... aw, who am I kidding? It's not the same...

34 38 20 36 35 20 37 39 20 32 63 20 32 30 20 37 33 20 37 34 20 36 66 20 37 30 20 32 30 20 37 34 20 37 32 20 36 31 20 36 65 20 37 33 20 36 63 20 36 31 20 37 34 20 36 39 20 36 65 20 36 37 20 32 30 20 37 34 20 36 38 20 36 39 20 37 33 20 32 65

I play on consoles so I can play with my bro and some friends. Only my bro wants to play on a comp, but he doesn't have the money (playing the 360 that my parents bought us on day 1) The only friend I have that plays on comps really only plays wow with it...I wish companies would do a proper port to pc though.

• 1 month later...
@originalgamer yes it's true those games are better with a controller that's why you can plug one in your pc so you can enjoy the game with better everything except being sitting in your couch in your living room. I'm sorry but trophy and achievement is probably the most useless thing about console gaming and now sadly it is also part of pc gaming or at least ''steam gaming''

CPU: Intel i7 3770k | Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | RAM: 4x4gb Corsair Vengeance Black | GPU: Asus STRIX GTX 970 | Case: Corsair C70 Black | Storage: 1x 120gb Crucial M4 SSD, 1x 2TB WD Black, 1x 2TB WD Green, 1x 250GB Crucial M500, 1x Samsung 850 EVO 500gb | Cooling: Corsair H100i

Display: 2x BENQ RL24050HT, 1xLG 29UC88-B | Keyboard: Razer BlackWidow Ultimate 2013 | Mouse: NAOS 7000 | Audio: Astro A40, Astro MixAmp, Beyerdynamic Custom One PRO, Altec Lansing Speaker | Microphone: Blue Yeti blackout edition