Only reason why i would buy a console

firest0rm

For the Tales of series (much better than ff13 btw), sadly it's only on consoles :mad:

I7 4770K - @4.5Ghz  |  Be quiet Dark Rock Pro 3  | Asus Maximus VII Ranger Z97  | Kingston Genesis 8GB | Be quiet Power Zone 750w   | Sapphire R9 Fury X |  Sandisk SSD 120Go + WD Green 1TB 7200 rpm | Nzxt Phantom 410

I had a PS3 long before I got into PC gaming and I really like it! It's fun to be able to just sit on the couch and play a couple games of COD with friends.

I am definitely going to get a PS4, just for 1 game: Gran Turismo, best racing game of all time in my opinion. I'll probably pick up a PS4 when it get cheaper in the future probably a used one from ebay.

CPU: AMD 3950x Mobo: MSI B550 RAM: 32GB DDR4 GPU: Asus 3080 Strix PSU: Superflower Leadex 3 720w Case: BeQuiet 500DX

Storage: 2TB SSD + 4TB HDD Audio: SMSL 793ii -> HiFiman HE-400 + Mission MS-50 Speakers

Honestly Consoles, PlayStation specifically, just have better games. Lets be real. That beast $1000 gaming rig we have is only used for WoW, LoL, Bf3, and other generic games...
Planetside 2, Arma 3, DayZ, Total War series, The witcher 2, Metro2033, Dota 2, Command & Conquer, Company of Heroes 2, The Elder Scrolls Online, End of Nations

and the list goes on...

Generic games my ass i dont see you playing ANY stragety game on a console

u just sound like console fanboi to me

Honestly Consoles, PlayStation specifically, just have better games. Lets be real. That beast $1000 gaming rig we have is only used for WoW, LoL, Bf3, and other generic games...
Planetside 2' date=' Arma 3, DayZ, Total War series, The witcher 2, Metro2033, Dota 2, Command & Conquer, Company of Heroes 2, The Elder Scrolls Online, End of Nations and the list goes on... Generic games my ass i dont see you playing ANY stragety game on a console u just sound like console fanboi to me[/quote']

You listed great games, but some of those aren't even out yet.I said wow, Lol, and whatever other game i mentioned, because that's what's the majority of the PC base plays. Yes i do play strategy games, No im not Console fanboy as i spend most of my gaming time on my PC. I'm just not leaning toward a bias opinion like most people do.

I'm a PC/Nintendo gamer. I've always been a Nintendo fan and, other than their consoles, I've never had any PlayStations or Xboxes. Mario, The Legend of Zelda, Metroid, Kirby, Pikmin, Bomberman and Fire Emblem series always have me coming back.

I have been a pc gamer since the 360 came out, but every now and again ill buy a broken console on ebay and fix it, I have a crap ton of working/non working consoles in my closet :P

System: AMD Phenom II 965 BE, 8GB Mushkin Sliverline, Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3, Fractal Designs Core 1000, 500GB Seagate Barracuda, Corsair TX750W, Zalman CNPS5X (awful cooler), and a GTx 560 1GB.

There are some good exclusives, Halo 4, Ni no Kuni, Gears. No to mention some games run a bit better due to poor porting (GTA IV). So there are reasons to own one, and considering this late in the cycle a console costs less than a graphics card refresh there's really no reason not to pick one up if you want it.

GTA V + exclusives, nuff said.

and again ur wrong the majority doesnt just play 1 game they play multiple games they might play LoL Bf3 WoW those are just some of the tripple A games out there yes but its bias to say that every one plays them 24/7 and thats what ur suggesting with ur post

maybe u should install some other games on ur 1K game rig look around

and btw all those games i mentioned have prequels u might wanna try them out

well accept for end of nations

• 3 weeks later...

Consoles for exclusives and online play for those exclusives with friends. That's it. I barely play my 360 anymore and my PS3 is only used for my huge back log of MGS games and other stuff I missed this generation.

Desert Storm PC | Corsair 600T | ASUS Sabertooth 990FX AM3+ | AMD FX-8350 | MSI 7950 TFIII | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 | Seasonic X650W I Samsung 840 series 500GB SSD

Mobile Devices I ASUS Zenbook UX31E I Nexus 7 (2013) I Nexus 5 32GB (red)

I love consoles at the beginning of a gen basically because as a new gen starts my current pc always crap out, so the easy short term solution is to buy a console have fun with it and then a few months later build a mothafuckin PC. My ps3 is just a Netflix/Exclusives machine right now. GTA V and MGS 5 are probably going to be the last games that my ps3 will see as the PC ports/Versions are yet to be announced.

Steam: gray_fox_br

I had a PS3 for a number of years.  It eventually died, and I then fixed it and had it up and running for another few months.  It is currently sitting in pieces in a drawer. The only thing I miss about having a console really is the fighting games.  I'm fond of the genre, but I have plenty fighting games on my PS2 which still works.  I'd buy a PS4/Next Xbox if the support for the fighting genre were established even further, or if they would allow certain games to support a mouse and keyboard.  I know it won't happen, but it would be nice would it not?

I own a 360 mainly for the Forza series and hack'n'slash games like Bayonetta and Dante's Inferno. On top of that I use it as a Netflix client. That's about it.

Tekken, Marvel vs capcom, Fifa or any other type of sports game. playing tekken or marvel vs capcom on a keyboard = horrible i know u can hook up the controller to your pc but the drivers arent always supported its the only reason why i would actually buy a console

No Halo? Only reason  have an xbox 360, halo.

I own a PS3 for JRPGs like Final Fantasy, Hyperdemension Neptunia and of course the exclusives. You only get those on a PS3 or "soonish" FFXV on PS4.

I continue to be a JRPG Playstation fanboy, Everything else that also appears on PC I will get instead no biggie. When the day comes when big companies like NIS, ATLUS, and Aksys, publishes all their games on PC, I will transition fully to PC. For now Visual Novels, Steam, and emulators will populate my computer.