Noctua Announces 3 Compact 92 mm heatsinks

UltraNeonGaming

Noctua has released 3 new heatsinks that use Noctua's NF-A9 PWM 92mm fans. These heatsinks will be awesome for compact ITX/mATX builds!

The 3 heatsinks are the:

NH-U9S from USD $59.90

NH-D9L: from USD $56.90

NH-D9DX i4 3U: from USD $59.90

post-122851-0-06397300-1423095719.jpg

The below content is from Noctua's official news post on their website: http://noctua.at/main.php?show=news_list&news_id=97&lng=en (They also have VIDEOS on their NH-U9S and NH-D9L there)

Continuing the renowned legacy of Noctua's award-winning NH-U9 series, the NH-U9S is a premium quality quiet CPU cooler in classic 9cm size. Its asymmetrical design with 5 heatpipes not only provides even better cooling performance than the previous generation but also improves compatibility: Thanks to its 95x95mm footprint, the NH-U9S clears the RAM and PCIe slots on all Intel and most AMD based mainboards, including µATX and ITX.

The NH-D9L features 4 heatpipes and is 15mm lower than classic 9cm coolers such as the NH-U9 series (110mm vs. 125mm), which doesn't only guarantee full 3U compliance but also makes the NH-D9L ideal for compact HTPC and Small Form Factor cases that have airflow paths parallel to the mainboard. Like the NH-U9S, the NH-D9L has a 95x95mm footprint and thus provides 100% RAM and PCIe compatibility on all Intel and most AMD based mainboards.

The NH-D9DX i4 3U is the same heatsink as the NH-D9L but comes with LGA2011 mounting for both Square ILM and Narrow ILM Xeon platforms as well as support for LGA13x6.

"Our DX i4 series are renowned among builders of LGA2011 based Intel Xeon systems and one of the few available quiet cooling solutions for Narrow ILM platforms", explains Mag. Roland Mossig (Noctua CEO). "With the new NH-D9DX i4 3U model, we can now offer a cooler for 3U cases that offers similar performance as the previous 4U model NH-U9DX i4."

All three new models come with the new NF-A9 PWM for further improved quiet cooling performance. Topped off with the trusted, pro-grade SecuFirm2™ mounting systems, Noctua's proven NT-H1 thermal compound and full 6 years manufacturer's warranty, the NH-U9S, NH-D9L and NH-D9DX i4 3U are premium grade solutions through and through.

Unpopular opinion here.

They're still so damn ugly :/

Cool beans though, If I was going for mITX and was told I was not allowed to get an AIO, I'd pick one up.

NCASE M1 i5-9600k  GTX 1080 FE Z370N-WIFI SF600 NH-U9S LPX 32GB 960EVO

I'm a self-identifying Corsair Nvidia Fanboy; Get over it.

not really impressed by this considering how competitive that market is getting they havent really kept up well, be quiet, zalman, raijintek, scythe and cryorig are all making monster heatsinks at that price and well noctua arent

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

cheeky scrublords still haven't released this one

Noctua-U-type-Compact-CPU-Cooler-1.jpg

CPU: i7 2600 @ 4.2GHz  COOLING: NZXT Kraken X31 RAM: 4x2GB Corsair XMS3 @ 1600MHz MOBO: Gigabyte Z68-UD3-XP GPU: XFX R9 280X Double Dissipation SSD #1: 120GB OCZ Vertex 2  SSD #2: 240GB Corsair Force 3 HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: Silverstone Strider Plus 600W CASE: NZXT H230
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 2.83GHz COOLING: Cooler Master Eclipse RAM: 4x1GB Corsair XMS2 @ 800MHz MOBO: XFX nForce 780i 3-Way SLi GPU: 2x ASUS GTX 560 DirectCU in SLi HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: TBA CASE: Antec 300

Be quiet! Master Race.

They don't sell them round here :P

They don't sell them round here :P

Around where? If your umbrella is in North America, you can get them from NCIX.

Around where? If your umbrella is in North America, you can get them from NCIX.

If it was, I'd have no issues. I'm all the way over in Asia.

Same, They look really nice

If it was, I'd have no issues. I'm all the way over in Asia.

I have a Dark Rock 3 in the mail that I ordered from the SpecialTech (UK). The shipping to me is around £16, and they also don't make you pay taxes if you're outside of the UK. It cost me £43. Totally worth it.

I have a Dark Rock 3 in the mail that I ordered from the Specialtech (UK). The shipping to me is around £16, and they also don't make you pay taxes if you're outside of the UK. It cost me £43. Totally worth it.

I would buy them, But I can't, Because Noctua happenend to me

I have a Dark Rock 3 in the mail that I ordered from the Specialtech (UK). The shipping to me is around £16, and they also don't make you pay taxes if you're outside of the UK. It cost me £43. Totally worth it.

I've got a H105 also without tax as my country doesn't have any VAT :) Thanks though.

not really impressed by this considering how competitive that market is getting they havent really kept up well, be quiet, zalman, raijintek, scythe and cryorig are all making monster heatsinks at that price and well noctua arent

Actually there isn't really that much choice if you are looking for small tower cooler.

And also they have the NH-D15 which outperforms almost every AIO liquid cooler and is cheaper than most of those ?!

It is 85€ here, but comes with 2 fans worth 35€ alone.

Mini-Desktop: NCASE M1 Build Log
Mini-Server: M350 Build Log

I love noctua fans, but if I'm buying a heatsink I have to have a dark rock pro 2 or 3

Edit: simply cause I feel those are the two sexiest coolers on the market.

Daily Driver:

Case: Red Prodigy CPU: i5 3570K @ 4.3 GHZ GPU: Powercolor PCS+ 290x @1100 mhz MOBO: Asus P8Z77-I CPU Cooler: NZXT x40 RAM: 8GB 2133mhz AMD Gamer series Storage: A 1TB WD Blue, a 500GB WD Blue, a Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

Hey, I used to rock a 92mm Noctua cooler when I had the mini cube case! Those little Noctuas are perfect for small builds.

The timely death of my ears will soon be arriving as well. 

The timely death of my ears will soon be arriving as well. 

Eh, Noctua has a good reputation of quiet fans and coolers that are quiet and very cool.

Spoiler

Senor Shiny: Main- CPU Intel i7 6700k 4.7GHz @1.42v | RAM G.Skill TridentZ CL16 3200 | GPU Asus Strix GTX 1070 (2100/2152) | Motherboard ASRock Z170 OC Formula | HDD Seagate 1TB x2 | SSD 850 EVO 120GB | CASE NZXT S340 (Black) | PSU Supernova G2 750W  | Cooling NZXT Kraken X62 w/Vardars
Secondary (Plex): CPU Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 @1.099v | RAM Samsun Wonder 16GB CL9 1600 (sadly no oc) | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | Motherboard ASRock H97M-Pro4 | HDDs Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Blue 3TB | Case Corsair Air 240 (Black) | PSU EVGA 600B | Cooling GeminII S524

Spoiler

(Deceased) DangerousNotDell- CPU AMD AMD FX 8120 @4.8GHz 1.42v | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | RAM Samsung Wonder 8GB (CL9 2133MHz 1.6v) | Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | Cooling EVO 212 | Case Rosewill Redbone | PSU EVGA 600B | HDD Seagate 1TB

DangerousNotDell New Parts For Main Rig Build Log, Señor Shiny  I am a beautiful person. The comments for your help. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book.

Eh, Noctua has a good reputation of quiet fans and coolers that are quiet and very cool.

I trust noctua, I just don't trust small fans.