HELP buying me and my brother our first mechanical keyboards

ok so its near that time of year where everyone gets their brand new tech and stuff for Christmas, my mother is buying me a keyboard for Christmas and im buying my brother one. however i dont know which cherry switches to get. ive been looking at getting the ducky shine 3 for me and the shine zero for my brother. im a very heavy gamer and a very hard typer, and my brother is a low end gamer who only plays certain games like league of legends and assassins creed. 

so which switches would you guys recommend for me and my brother? thanks for the help!

blue

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
                                                                                      :o 

Blues if you don't mind the noise. 

RIP in pepperonis m8s

so which switches would you guys recommend for me and my brother? thanks for the help!

Well, switch types is a subjective thing, so unless if you try them out yourself you won't know for sure if you like them. WASD has a sampler kit with the 4 most common switches(Red, Black, Blue, Brown) and it will give you a good general feel to how each switch feels(Some stores have demo units or let you try keyboards, so thats also an option). In general, Reds/blacks are preferred for gaming and Blues/Browns for typing, but like I said its subjective so your mileage may vary. I personally use Reds for typing and Blues for gaming.

Cherry MX blue's.

Main PC: Core i5 4670 | MSI Mpower Max z87 | G.Skill Ripjaws 2x4gb | Stock intel cooler | PNY GTX 770 2gb (hoping to upgrade) | Seagate 1tb 7200rpm | Corsair RM850 | Corsair Carbide Air 540 | PCCG custom sleeved black/yellow extensions | Corsair K70 Cherry MX Blue | Corsair M45 |

Phone: LG Nexus 5 | Headphones: Audio Technica ATH-PDG1, Shure SRH440 | Laptop: Asus 303la (i5 model, 1600x900 res) | Motorbikes: 2004 Sherco 290i, 2013 Husqvarna CR125 | Xbox one

I personally like blacks. Blues are my number 2.

Just know that anyone who says "browns are just blues without the noise" most likely has no idea what they're talking about. They're completely different switches. Blues will give you a sharp click, browns will give you a dull bump.

Try ordering a MX sampler, they're like 10 dollars.

CPU: Intel Core i7 2600k | Mootherboard: ASUS P8z68v-Pro | GPU: EVGA GTX780Ti 3GB | RAM: Kingston HyperX Genesis 8GB (4GBx2) 1600mhz | PSU: Corsair AX760 | STORAGE: Samsung 840 Pro 512GB | COOLER: Noctua NH-C14 | CASE: Fractal Design Define R4 Pearl Black | Operating SystemWindows 7 Professional 64-bit |

I've grown really fond of Razers custom switches, but if i had to choose a cherry mx then I'd have to go with Blues, then Reds.

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

If this is your first time getting a mechanical keyboard, I recommend brown switches since it offers tactile feel while not being too loud. It also has a lighter actuation force.

Blues are clicky and will be loud. I don't know if people around you will be OK with that. Black/red switches are linear, while you won't feel any tactility to give preference on a key press, some people still like the design and feel of it.

Choosing which switch to buy and which one you like is truly subjective. It depends on what you like. For me my first mechanical keyboard was with blue switches because I loved the clicky sound. Then I bought more keyboards for myself to play with different switches. Now I'm finally settled with white switches.

Intel Xeon E3-1230 V2 | CM Hyper 212 Evo | MSI ZH77A-G43 | HyperX Fury DDR3 8GBx2 | MSI GTX 1060 GAMING X 3GB

Lian-Li PC-A05FN | SanDisk Ultra II 240GB | WD 1TB Blue | Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold 550W | ASUS MG248Q

Cherry G80-3000 (blue) | Ducky 9008 Shine 2 (black/blue LED) | Ducky 9087 Shine 2 Year of the Dragon (brown/yellow LED)

Ducky Mini Year of the Horse (white/blue+red LED) | Steelseries 6Gv2 (black) | Leopold FC660M (red) | Vortex Race 3 (blue)

Logitech G400s | Razer Abyssus Mirror Edition | Razer Goliathus Speed

Steelseries Sensei RAW | SteelSeries Qck | Zowie EC1-ASteelseries Qck+ Fnatic edition

thanks for all the help guys! ive tried the switches before not for long tho i liked the brown and blues, however id probably piss off my grandfather with the loud clicky noise, so ill probably get browns, has anyone used a ducky keyboard before? f so how good are they?

thanks for all the help guys! ive tried the switches before not for long tho i liked the brown and blues, however id probably piss off my grandfather with the loud clicky noise, so ill probably get browns, has anyone used a ducky keyboard before? f so how good are they?

Highest quality, lots of accessories as well.

CPU: i7 2600 @ 4.2GHz  COOLING: NZXT Kraken X31 RAM: 4x2GB Corsair XMS3 @ 1600MHz MOBO: Gigabyte Z68-UD3-XP GPU: XFX R9 280X Double Dissipation SSD #1: 120GB OCZ Vertex 2  SSD #2: 240GB Corsair Force 3 HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: Silverstone Strider Plus 600W CASE: NZXT H230
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 2.83GHz COOLING: Cooler Master Eclipse RAM: 4x1GB Corsair XMS2 @ 800MHz MOBO: XFX nForce 780i 3-Way SLi GPU: 2x ASUS GTX 560 DirectCU in SLi HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: TBA CASE: Antec 300

government-gives-up-plan-to-kill-tony-th

[spoiler=pc specs:]cpu: i5-4670k | mobo: z87-pro | cpu cooler: h100i | ram: 8gb vengeance pro | gpu: gtx770 ftw 4gb | case: nzxt switch 810 matte black | storage: 240gb ssd; 1tb hdd | psu: 750w corsair rm |
keyboards: max nighthawk x8 mx brown + blue led; corsair k60 mx red; ducky shine 3 tkl mx blue + orange led | mouse: deathadder black edition | audio: FiiO E10; sennheiser hd558; grado sr80i; sony mdr-nc200d; blue snowball |

government-gives-up-plan-to-kill-tony-th

This is a spot on answer to your question.

Yeah since you've tried them out and you want that tactile bump, but you know noise isn't the greatest for everyone, it's time to find whats your favorite color LED and hope its in stock in browns!

Blues if you don't mind noise and brown if you hate noise.

Reds if you don't care about typing.

I prefer reds. Eventually, you will get used to them for typing.

I would suggest the Corsair K70 in any color LED, and go with a black model they are much nicer than the silver. I have owned both. 

Corsair 5000D / Intel Core i7 12700k / Noctua NH-D15 / MSI Z690 Pro-Wifi DDR4 / RTX 3080 Ti Founder's Edition / 16GB Crucial Ballistix 3200 MHz / EVGA SuperNova 650w / Samsung 850 Pro EVO 256GB / ADATA SX8200 Pro / MSI Mag 274QRF-QD / LG CX 55" / Logitech G-Pro Wireless