Ultimate Eyefinity Surround Gaming Setup

That is awesome, wish i could play racing games on that thing.

Rig CPU Intel i5 3570K at 4.2 GHz - MB MSI Z77A-GD55 - RAM Kingston 8GB 1600 mhz - GPU XFX 7870 Double D - Keyboard Logitech G710+

Case Corsair 600T - Storage Intel 330 120GB, WD Blue 1TB - CPU Cooler Noctua NH-D14 - Displays Dell U2312HM, Asus VS228, Acer AL1715

The fair values may be incorrect, but the cost of that build thus far makes me cry.

http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/user/chaozbandit/saved/dhWmP6

You don't need windows 7 Ultimate 

Rig CPU Intel i5 3570K at 4.2 GHz - MB MSI Z77A-GD55 - RAM Kingston 8GB 1600 mhz - GPU XFX 7870 Double D - Keyboard Logitech G710+

Case Corsair 600T - Storage Intel 330 120GB, WD Blue 1TB - CPU Cooler Noctua NH-D14 - Displays Dell U2312HM, Asus VS228, Acer AL1715

Lets see how it handles games that are less of a subject for multiscreen  set ups like

The Darkness II

or Heroes III !

Assetto Corsa! Absolute Amazing with 3 screens and a great UI!

I get this sudden urge to punch Linus in the crotch.

Sorry Linus that the envy talking. As to game suggestions: Skyrim... Duhh, although 8gigs of vram might not be enough.

It would be cool to see a flight simulator with the level of detail turned all the way up, whether that be DCS, Microsoft Flight Simulator X or X-plane 10.  I know it may be an odd suggestion but I think it would say a lot to the performance of the monitors and as well as the Computer.  Flight sims are very demanding on the CPU and even the graphics card.

My Rig: i7-3770K, EVGA gtx980 SC, Asus P8-Z77 V-Pro, 2X Samsung 840 Evo 250GB SSD, 1X 850 Evo 1TB SSD, Corsair Obsidian 650D, 2X8GB Gskill Ripjaws, Seasonic X-850w PSU, Corsair H100i, 2X Asus vg248qe, Corsair Sabre RGB, 2X Corsair K95 RGB, Hyper X Cloud II

Corsair Krew - Lifetime Member  ASUS Krew - Lifetime Member  Samsung Krew - Lifetime Member EVGA Krew - Lifetime Member  Intel Krew - Lifetime Member

Elite: Dangerous would be pretty amazing with that much screen

www.elitedangerous.com

Please run Star Citizen, I know it's in early stages but it would look soooo damn awesome with that kind or resolution.

Skyrim, Battlefield 4, Thief, Hitman Absolution, Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare, World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor and Crysis 3.

Benchmark those games! :D

I know a some of them are not exactly demanding, but MMORPGs have a lot of things going on at once, wanna see how the system handles it.

Also some comes have Mantle! Do a DirectX vs Mantle benchmark as well!

Command Center:

Case: Corsair 900D; PSU: Corsair AX1200i; Mobo: ASUS Rampage IV Black Edition; CPU: i7-3970x; CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i; GPU: 2x ASUS DCII GTX780Ti OC; RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 64GB (8x8) 2133MHz CL9; Speaker: Logitech Z2300; HDD 1: Samsung 840 EVO 500GB; HDD 2: 2x Samsung 540 EVO 500GB (Raid 0); HDD 3: 2x Seagate Barracuda 3TB (Raid 0); Monitor 1: LG 42" LED TV; Monitor 2: BenQ XL2420TE; Headphones 1: Denon AH-D7000Headphones 2Audio-Technica AD1000PRMHeadphones 3Sennheiser Momentum Over-EarHeadsetSteelseries Siberia Elite; Keyboard: Corsair Strafe RBG; Mouse: Steelseries Rival 300; Other: Macbook Pro 15 Retina (Mid-2014), PlayStation 4, Nexus 7 32GB (2014), iPhone 6 64GB, Samsung Galaxy S6 64GB

not a fan of how the very edge of the outer screens has to move so fast to keep up with the camera angle puts me off  the set up really .. :P still very cool. 

should bench Witcher 2 on it...not doubt it would die and burn xD 

Hi!  Please quote me in replies otherwise I may not see your response!

if you are going to play any game on this setup its GOT to be Elite: Dangerous, i play it on a 3x24 inch monitor setup with 2 7950's in crossfire nad the detail level is insane. 

Very interested in seeing Prepar3D v2.4, Elite Dangerous, and Star Citizen

I'm currently running P3D on a 3930k 4.8 GHz, (cooled down by my old but trusted Coolit Boreas) 16 GB of Ram at 2400 MHz along with a single 780 ti and using 3 Toshiba LED TVs at 5760 x 1080. I seem to be bottle necked somewhere with P3D and am not sure if upgrading would be worth it. 

I think there is a work around for P3D for Crossfire but not sure, but that really isn't my hope for seeing this video...it's the 8 gb of video ram! Also the fact that many, many P3D flyers are using strictly Nvidia cards as there are statements regarding AMD not working very well with P3D (I think that could be just a bit of prejudice), so it would be great to see the AMD cards at work.

Also, the R9 390x is just around the corner along with Intel's Skylake later next summer. Us sim fans would really appreciate it if you would include simulators in your future hardware reviews as we really have precious few knowledgeable reviewers of our passion...simulators (flight, space, racing). I think your expertise could help solve a great deal of issues that we simmers are having. 

Note: P3D is CPU heavy although it has been optimized extensively to take more advantage of GPUs recently.

Thanks,

SRBorick 

Please run MSI afterburner while testing. This way we can see the VRAM usage and other awesome stuff.

Metro last light on ultra maxed out to stress out the cards 

IntelCorei54670k,Maximus VI Formula,Swift tech H220, 16gigs Corsair Dominator platinums, Asus DCUII GTX 780,1x256 840 evo, 1x 2TB Segate barracuda, Corsair AX 860, 

3 X Noctua NF-F12, 2x Noctua NF A-14, Ducky Shine 3 Blue Leds Blue switches, Razer Death Adder 2012, Corsair vengence 1400  

Crysis 3

Elite Dangerous

Star Citizen 'Dog fight/free flight'

Mech Warrior Online*

ArcheAge (CryEngine MMO)

*Have not played MWO in a good while so im not 100% sure if its working ok with such aspect ratio's however theoretically it would be wicked with such a setup with it being a Mech Sim.

Also ..wouldn't triple or even quad crossfire / SLI be better for such a high Pixel count. Considering 4k is 8,294,400 and causes graphically demanding games like Crysis 3 and Metro LL to result in sub 60 fps, triple 21:9 1440p being 14,860,800 is going to be even worse. If I had the money to shell out for 3x 21:9 1440p monitors I would likely get 4x 980 8gb models (when the release) or, going by what's available now, 4x 290x 8gb.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

I feel like the brightness in your recent videos is too high and the contrast is too low.

Awesome video nontheless, can't wait for the follow up. :)

who cares...

hey, linus. do you need to be some kind of developer to test one for free? how do you do it?

thanks

Could we see some ArmA 3 or DayZ standalone? ArmA3, iirc, gives a lot of control over FOV and it would be really cool to be that immersed in ArmA. If not those two, mod the hell out of Skyrim!

What game was he playing in the video?

DiRT Showdown it looked like. Could also be DIRT 3, but I doubt it.

crysis 3! some racing or flying sims would be great on this setup too!

Rig Specs:

AMD Threadripper 5990WX@4.8Ghz

Asus Zenith III Extreme

Asrock OC Formula 7970XTX Quadfire

G.Skill Ripheartout X OC 7000Mhz C28 DDR5 4X16GB  

Super Flower Power Leadex 2000W Psu's X2

Harrynowl's 775/771 OC and mod guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/232325-lga775-core2duo-core2quad-overclocking-guide/ http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/365998-mod-lga771-to-lga775-cpu-modification-tutorial/

ProKoN haswell/DC OC guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/41234-intel-haswell-4670k-4770k-overclocking-guide/

"desperate for just a bit more money to watercool, the titan x would be thankful" Carter -2016

Not sure if it'll be worth the effort, but I'd love to see if Star Citizen works like that and how well. (I get time constraints and pure frustration though).

Supreme Commander (dual screen only though (so 60hz FTW)). How far can you scroll out and still know what you're doing and split screening the screen monitor for seeing ALL OF THE THINGS!

Oh, I do hope racing footage will include in-car... That shit Linus was doing really does deserve the newb hammer, :P

CPU: FX 6300 @ stock Mobo: Gigabyte 990FX UD5 v3.0 GPU: 1 x R9 290 4GB RAM: 24GB DDR3 1600 SSD: Kingston HyperX 3K 120GB HDD: 1 x 1TB & 1 x 500GB PSU: BeQuiet PowerZone 1000W Case: Coolermaster Elite 370 (upside down due to lack of stick thermal pads for memory heatsinks) CPU Cooler: Thermalright Ultra Extreme 120 GPU Coolers: Thermalright HR03-GT Fans: 5 x Akasa Apache Blacks, 1 x Corsair 120mm SP HP (GPU) & 1 x Noctua 92mm
Most of this was from mining rig, hence the scewy specs (especially PSU)