Ultimate Eyefinity Surround Gaming Setup

That's a damn nice overclock on the 5930K. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

I would love to see if you could try out War Thunder that game on my 21:9 setup is beautiful.

We can build it, we have the technology!

I have found yet another game that works fantastically well in a multi-monitor setup:

PAYDAY 2

Depending on your FoV settings, the game can look phenomenal, but it can also look extremely stretched, especially on a set of three 21:9 monitors. It was bordering on the extreme for me, and I am only using 3 x 1920x1080 monitors.

I will post more games here as soon as I've tested them in my own setup.

Although this would be epic for gaming, I would prefer to hear how practical this is in daily life.  

Although this would be epic for gaming, I would prefer to hear how practical this is in daily life.  

Considering that ultra-wide monitors can run two applications next to each other just fine (much better tan a regular 16:9 at any rate) and he has three of them, I'd say they're pretty practical if you want to have a lot of stuff running at the same time.

Being into racing sims, I'd love to see both BeamNG Drive and Assetto Corsa played on that setup, in the first person, in-car view, obviously. And maybe with the DiRT 3 in-car view, too. I'd also quite like to see how a good flight sim looks, maybe one of Microsoft's, it'd be pretty darn cool to be able to see the whole cockpit without the mouse having to be moved.

Minecraft with enormous textures just to see whether minecraft is still up to date :P

....You mean there was a time when Minecraft wasn't using outdated programming? :P

Hi Guys,

I noticed on the video about 1/2 way through Linus mentions the need to use a DP adapter such as the one shown (Club 3D). 

Can someone please explain why he needed a DP>HDMI Converter box for the display outputs, I thought you could connect to HDMI,DVI and DP with this setup as long as at least one of the displays was connected through Displayport.

Also, how did Linus have those monitors connected to his 290x GPU because the video shows only one cable connected to the Club3D adapter which I assume is a MST device, which if im not mistaken splits a single displayport GPU output signal across three outputs, so I would have expected the three monitors all connected to the Club3D device and then that to the DP on GPU1. He also mentions a reduced HDMI refresh rate..?

I have researched since the video came out but cannot find a consensus given this specific type of setup, with this very large resolution.

I guess ultimately what I am trying to ask is, "how exactly did Linus have the displays connected in the video and what are the reasons"?

Thanks in advance!  :)

That was a interesting experiment but now you have a 3rd 290X 8GB

Disliked because of bezels, curved monitors and still no gaming benchmarks for games with PhysX.  I still love LTT though.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

minesweeper

CPU: Intel Core i5 4460 | GPU: XFX r9 280x DD BLACK OC EDITION | RAM: 8gb Kingston HyperX Fury 1600Mhz | Mobo: Gigabyte h97n-WIFI | PSU: EVGA 600B | Case: Cooler Master Elite 120 | Cooler: Stock intel | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120gb | Storage: WD 150 gb

CPU: Intel Core i7 4710MQ | GPU: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 850M | RAM: 8gb Corsair 1600Mhz | Mobo: Metabox WA50SJ Motherboard | Case: Metabox WA50SJ case | Cooler: Stock | SSD: Sandisk 256gb

:wub:  :wub:  :wub: 

Best purchase this year, bcuz forza

I am back with a few more games to present for the challenge:

Hitman: Absolution

Serious Sam 3: BFE

Torchlight II

All three work well in a multi-monitor setup, so well in fact that no extra tweaking outside setting the resolution is necessary to enjoy the complete experience. I will be back with more soon.

Yo Linus, where are the videos. Its been 12 days, 12 DAYS. 

I'm waiting, and i think others have been too.

Sincerely,

Loving and Impatient fan.

Edit:

Referring to the videos(that have yet to be produced/published) for the eyefinity set up.

Did someone else saw the word "Cats" in the Intro? :/

[spoiler=My PC]

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700K | COOLER: Corsair H105 | MOBO: ASUS Z170i Gaming Pro AC | RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 16GB 2400MHz | GPU: EVGA GTX 980 Classified | CASE: BitFenix Prodigy | SSD: Samsung 950 Pro 512GB | PSU: XFX XTR 650W [spoiler= Le Other Stuff] Monitor: BenQ XL2411Z | Keyboard: Ozone Strike Pro | Mouse: A4 Tech X7 F4 | MousePad: Ozone

Spoiler
Spoiler

PlayStation 2 | PSP 2000 | Game Boy Color | Nintendo DS Lite | Nintendo 3DS | Wii

Spoiler

Sony Xperia J (Why u so bad D:) | iPod 4th gen | iPhone 4 | Yarvik Xenta 13c (3muchchrome5her)

Spoiler
Spoiler

Pentium B980 | 500GB WD Blue | Intel HD Graphixxx | 4Gegabeytes of REHAM

Current OS: MSX 10.0 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)Ilikethelennyfaceyouknow( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Windows Password Reset Guide

Did someone else saw the word "Cats" in the Intro? :/

[spoiler=My PC]

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700K | COOLER: Corsair H105 | MOBO: ASUS Z170i Gaming Pro AC | RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 16GB 2400MHz | GPU: EVGA GTX 980 Classified | CASE: BitFenix Prodigy | SSD: Samsung 950 Pro 512GB | PSU: XFX XTR 650W [spoiler= Le Other Stuff] Monitor: BenQ XL2411Z | Keyboard: Ozone Strike Pro | Mouse: A4 Tech X7 F4 | MousePad: Ozone

Spoiler
Spoiler

PlayStation 2 | PSP 2000 | Game Boy Color | Nintendo DS Lite | Nintendo 3DS | Wii

Spoiler

Sony Xperia J (Why u so bad D:) | iPod 4th gen | iPhone 4 | Yarvik Xenta 13c (3muchchrome5her)

Spoiler
Spoiler

Pentium B980 | 500GB WD Blue | Intel HD Graphixxx | 4Gegabeytes of REHAM

Current OS: MSX 10.0 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)Ilikethelennyfaceyouknow( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Windows Password Reset Guide

I'm just curious how Mount&Blade Warband looks on these... As I searched it's specs it says that it supports the Eyefinity, as seen in game options... : D

• 1 month later...

Can anyone explain how the three monitors were connected to the GPU as Linus used a Club3D adapter for HDMI ??? (how come)?