What are the top contenders in phones in each price range?

Sonefiler

For example, the 300-400 range has the 1+1, Nex5, MtX First gen

400-500 has Z2, MotoX 2G

500+ has M8, S5, Z3, G3 (EDIT: note 4,)

FANBOY OF: PowerColor, be quiet!, Transcend, G.Skill, Phanteks

FORMERLY FANBOY OF: A-Data, Corsair, Nvidia

DEVELOPING FANBOY OF: AMD (GPUS), Intel (CPUs), ASRock

My favourite so far is the Xperia Z3 Compact. JUST.... LOVE.... IT :D . Kudos to Sony.

Backorder from Sony US = $530

The problem is that this is an nVidia product and scoring any nVidia product a "zero" is also highly predictive of the number of nVidia products the reviewer will receive for review in the future.

On 2015-01-28 at 5:24 PM, Victorious Secret said:

Only yours, you don't shitpost on the same level that we can, mainly because this thread is finally dead and should be locked.

On 2016-06-07 at 11:25 PM, patrickjp93 said:

I wasn't wrong. It's extremely rare that I am. I provided sources as well. Different devs can disagree. Further, we now have confirmed discrepancy from Twitter about he use of the pre-release 1080 driver in AMD's demo despite the release 1080 driver having been out a week prior.

On 2016-09-10 at 4:32 PM, Hikaru12 said:

You apparently haven't seen his responses to questions on YouTube. He is very condescending and aggressive in his comments with which there is little justification. He acts totally different in his videos. I don't necessarily care for this content style and there is nothing really unique about him or his channel. His endless dick jokes and toilet humor are annoying as well.

Nokia Lumia 930 ? iPhone 6? Nexus 6?

NCASE M1 i5-9600k  GTX 1080 FE Z370N-WIFI SF600 NH-U9S LPX 32GB 960EVO

I'm a self-identifying Corsair Nvidia Fanboy; Get over it.

For $350 you can get much better than the OnePlus One.

Mein Führer... I CAN WALK !!

$150-200: Moto G. Both 1st Gen and 2nd Gen. (Although you could probably get 1st Gen cheaper now)

$280-400: Moto X 1st Gen (idk why though)

$500+: Moto X 2nd Gen

Mini-ITX Build (unnamed)

Case: SilverStone SG07B-W Motherboard: ASUS P8H61-I CPU: Intel Core i5-2500K GPU: Integrated HD 3000 Cooler: Stock RAM: Corsair XMS3 2x4GB (8GB) DDR3 HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB PSU: Corsair CX600 Keyboard: Cheap Dell Keyboard (although has withstood 8 years of use) Mouse: Logitech G300 Headset: Logitech H110 OS: Windows 8.1 (64-bit) 

Phone: HTC One (m7) running ViperOne 8.0.0 (Android 5.0.2 Lollipop)

For $350 you can get much better than the OnePlus One.

what is better than a oneplus one at 350$ OFF CONTRACT

My Rig  

PCPartPicker part list: http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/kGNksY

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($379.00 @ shopRBC) 

CPU Cooler: RAIJINTEK THEMIS 65.7 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  ($34.99 @ NCIX) 

Motherboard: MSI CSM-H87M-G43 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($78.83 @ DirectCanada) 

Memory: Kingston HyperX 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($139.99 @ Memory Express) 

Storage: Kingston Fury 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($71.34 @ DirectCanada) 

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($92.95 @ Vuugo) 

Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon R9 280X 3GB Video Card  ($298.98 @ Newegg Canada) 

Case: Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($125.98 @ Newegg Canada) 

Power Supply: Corsair CX 600W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($66.99 @ NCIX) 

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 - 64-bit (OEM) (64-bit)  ($116.00 @ shopRBC) 

Case Fan: Cougar Turbine 120 (4-Pack) 60.4 CFM 120mm  Fans  ($23.99 @ NCIX) 

Monitor: HP 22xi 60Hz 21.5" Monitor  ($187.11 @ Amazon Canada) 

Monitor: HP 22xi 60Hz 21.5" Monitor  ($187.11 @ Amazon Canada) 

Keyboard: Logitech G710 Wired Gaming Keyboard  ($114.99 @ NCIX) 

Mouse: Razer DeathAdder 2013 Wired Optical Mouse  ($76.99 @ Amazon Canada) 

Headphones: Kingston HyperX Cloud Pro Headset  ($78.98 @ DirectCanada) 

Total: $2074.22

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when availableGenerated by PCPartPicker 2015-04-10 15:33 EDT-0400Build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/303263-the-dell-from-hell/#entry4121100 

Phone Compassion Spreadsheet https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1EN6s426gyxqPloIqT4wQ7Y7yovkkQy_5B3djVN-N-R8/edit#gid=0

Gta V Pc Online Crew http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/344773-unofficial-linus-tech-tips-gta-v-crew-pc/

Oppo find 7(a)?

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

Nothing AFAIK, it's $300 for the 16GB or $350 for the 64GB, the Nexus 5 is under it's performance and the same price.

Mein Führer... I CAN WALK !!

Nexus 5 if you don't want to hunt down/buy an invite

Oppo find 7(a)?

Find 7a = OnePlus One with a MicroSD slot

And it's $500.

"Rawr XD"

My favourite so far is the Xperia Z3 Compact. JUST.... LOVE.... IT :D . Kudos to Sony.

Backorder from Sony US = $530

Do you own one? I'm pretty close to getting a Z3 compact over a nexus 6.

Dream-phone: USB type-c (3.1), 1440p, 5-inch, removable battery, 32gb RAMdrive, sd card slot, stock Android, transparent atomic purple build, 9050 mah battery, waterproof AF, nuclear powered, ac wifi is fine.
                           OR a one-of-a-kind iphone that runs Android.

Oppo find 7(a)?

much more expensive ($550) running jellybean 4.3 (yikes)

It might have gotten an update, but it will take SO long for color os to get on board with lollipop.

Do you own one? I'm pretty close to getting a Z3 compact over a nexus 6.

I own a Z1 Compact, and it's awesome. The Z3 Compact makes it even more awesome!

Were you considering the Nexus 6 because of it's price (it's $650 US 32GB Unlocked) ? Or are you not sure you dislike big unmanageable phones?

Cause if you don't like big phones (like me), there's no reason to consider the gigantic Nexus 6.

The problem is that this is an nVidia product and scoring any nVidia product a "zero" is also highly predictive of the number of nVidia products the reviewer will receive for review in the future.

On 2015-01-28 at 5:24 PM, Victorious Secret said:

Only yours, you don't shitpost on the same level that we can, mainly because this thread is finally dead and should be locked.

On 2016-06-07 at 11:25 PM, patrickjp93 said:

I wasn't wrong. It's extremely rare that I am. I provided sources as well. Different devs can disagree. Further, we now have confirmed discrepancy from Twitter about he use of the pre-release 1080 driver in AMD's demo despite the release 1080 driver having been out a week prior.

On 2016-09-10 at 4:32 PM, Hikaru12 said:

You apparently haven't seen his responses to questions on YouTube. He is very condescending and aggressive in his comments with which there is little justification. He acts totally different in his videos. I don't necessarily care for this content style and there is nothing really unique about him or his channel. His endless dick jokes and toilet humor are annoying as well.

I own a Z1 Compact, and it's awesome. The Z3 Compact makes it even more awesome!

Were you considering the Nexus 6 because of it's price (it's $650 US 32GB Unlocked) ? Or are you not sure you dislike big unmanageable phones?

Cause if you don't like big phones (like me), there's no reason to consider the gigantic Nexus 6.

I have a galaxy S4 and after a year and a half I'm getting the feeling it's too big. 5" is probably my max. I was considering the nexus cause I'm an Android fan, but I suppose the z3 compact will get lollipop at some point. Plus the red one is pretty cool looking.

Dream-phone: USB type-c (3.1), 1440p, 5-inch, removable battery, 32gb RAMdrive, sd card slot, stock Android, transparent atomic purple build, 9050 mah battery, waterproof AF, nuclear powered, ac wifi is fine.
                           OR a one-of-a-kind iphone that runs Android.

much more expensive ($550) running jellybean 4.3 (yikes)

It might have gotten an update, but it will take SO long for color os to get on board with lollipop.

Its only 400 euros here. And you can install CM

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

Nokia Lumia 930 ? iPhone 6? Nexus 6?

1 shit for that price + operating system

2 shit for shitty price + specification

3 shit for price + dimensions

Computer users fall into two groups:
those that do backups
those that have never had a hard drive fail.

*sniffs

Do I smell a Motorola fanboy with a HTC one(m7)?

Lol I only have the HTC One (M7) because of the design :P. I gave both of my parents Moto Gs.

Mini-ITX Build (unnamed)

Case: SilverStone SG07B-W Motherboard: ASUS P8H61-I CPU: Intel Core i5-2500K GPU: Integrated HD 3000 Cooler: Stock RAM: Corsair XMS3 2x4GB (8GB) DDR3 HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB PSU: Corsair CX600 Keyboard: Cheap Dell Keyboard (although has withstood 8 years of use) Mouse: Logitech G300 Headset: Logitech H110 OS: Windows 8.1 (64-bit) 

Phone: HTC One (m7) running ViperOne 8.0.0 (Android 5.0.2 Lollipop)

Its only 400 euros here. And you can install CM

that's not exactly of ease to the average consumer.