EA not the worst company anymore?

potatopLays

EA is far from the worst company anymore... they've been pretty stable in the recent months and the games they are making have me hyped. 

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

They never were.

Oh they were

Corsair 5000D / Intel Core i7 12700k / Noctua NH-D15 / MSI Z690 Pro-Wifi DDR4 / RTX 3080 Ti Founder's Edition / 16GB Crucial Ballistix 3200 MHz / EVGA SuperNova 650w / Samsung 850 Pro EVO 256GB / ADATA SX8200 Pro / MSI Mag 274QRF-QD / LG CX 55" / Logitech G-Pro Wireless

Oh they were

They were a bad company but they definitely didn't deserve the Worst company in America title.

CPU: i7 5820K 4.0GHz @1.15V | MOBO: Asus X99 Sabertooth | GPU: Gigabyte Windforce GTX 980Ti, LTT Orange | CASE: NZXT H440 Black 2015 | COOLER: Noctua NH-D15S w/ LTT Fans | RAM: 32GB Patriot 3000MHz | STORAGE: 512GB Samsung 950 Pro, 960GB Sandisk Ultra II 3 x 8TB Seagate HDD's | PSU: 750W Seasonic X series, black / orange cablemod cables| Monitors: 3x Asus VX24AH's | AUDIO OUT: Microlab SOLO 8C, Sennheiser HD 650's, Audio engine D1 Amp / DAC | AUDIO IN: Blue Snowball | Keyboard: CM Storm QuickFire TK MX Green | Mouse: Logitech G900 Proteus Spectrum + RSI Extended Mouse Pad | PCPP Linkhttp://nz.pcpartpicker.com/list/hPjFd6

ubisoft is not that bad, i couldnt care less what they say their games are still pretty damn good

Yet to be seen honestly. They are still very persistent about the BF series and DLC stuffs. With Frostbite, they can develop very good action or sci fi games (Dead Space 3 was shit, except for the graphics.) If they don't fuck up on Hardline which seriously need complete gameplay overhaul and no DLC shits, along with Battlefront then it will be good.

after reading some of this http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/news/view/bf4-battlefest-season-2-bf3/ i find EA is pretty nice to their customers? 

Yeah, season 2 that's great. Hopefully they will have released a patch that un-breaks the game for me by then.

They did offer to give me Titanfall for free (which I turned down because I want to play BF4 dammit) since they can't help me figure out why I started crashing all the time since the fall patch, so I guess that makes them "nice".

Why? Because Linus and Slick joked about it?

Maybe because your too young to remember when they weren't a shitty company, you have nothing to compare it to.

They were a bad company but they definitely didn't deserve the Worst company in America title.

It wasn't "Worst company in the world", it's Company with the worst customer support, treatment....etc.

Consumerist Magazine gave the award away.,

First clue about the award is in the name of the givers.

I'll tell you right now, EA was a company on a fast track to irrevocable hatred by many gamers. Similar to the state Ubisoft is in right now, the only reason their sales kept up was because people wanted the games they offered, badly. They're not the best company out there, but they appear to be the only one who's actually trying to uphold late 90's early 2000's values right now in gaming, which makes them closer to the best than the worst.

I mean most of their already-released games are still broken, but to that effect I'd say that some were so broken on release that the only fix would be to re-write the game from scratch and start over. BF4's community test environment and the subsequent patches that followed showed that even giving it proper time and going at it fully it STILL breaks other things... like suddenly a soda can on the floor prevents you from running up a flight of stairs. That only happened AFTER their "mega patch" came out. At least they're working on things, and not rushing out games. Let's not forget; if it was the same company as before, BF: Hardline would have been out already.

Ubisoft, however, either has no idea what they're doing + has a deep hatred of PC gamers, or knows exactly what they're doing and want gamers to believe that a $3000+ PC is required to beat a $350 console in graphical prowess.

I have finally moved to a desktop. Also my guides are outdated as hell.

THE INFORMATION GUIDES: SLI INFORMATION || vRAM INFORMATION || MOBILE i7 CPU INFORMATION || Maybe more someday

after reading some of this http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/news/view/bf4-battlefest-season-2-bf3/ i find EA is pretty nice to their customers? 

EA will always be terrible BF4 and Titanfall are prime examples on EA releasing titles that have not been finished or tested properly.

This Free BF4 game time is just an attempt to get people hooked so they will buy BF:Hardline, which to be fair is a bit repetitive; I played the beta. 

Intel 12400F | 2x8 3000Mhz Corsair LPX | ASRock H570M-ITX  | Noctua DH-N14 | Corsair MP50 480GB | Meshilicious | Corsair SF600Fedora

Thanks let me know if I said something useful. Cheers!

EA will always be terrible BF4 and Titanfall are prime examples on EA releasing titles that have not been finished or tested properly.

This Free BF4 game time is just an attempt to get people hooked so they will buy BF:Hardline, which to be fair is a bit repetitive; I played the beta. 

One map and one game mode WOULD get repetitive, I'm sure. But they are improving themselves. I hope you don't let hatred (or fanboyism) blind you to changes (for better or worse) that companies make. Always look at current events and see how things go with companies. Believe me when I tell you, 6 months is enough time for a company to go from amazing to utter shit, and vice versa. I've experienced that firsthand already (not talking about EA in that experience).

I have finally moved to a desktop. Also my guides are outdated as hell.

THE INFORMATION GUIDES: SLI INFORMATION || vRAM INFORMATION || MOBILE i7 CPU INFORMATION || Maybe more someday

To be honest I think EA have finally realised that it was them who were wrong not the gamers and that they need to change in order to keep making money.

Ubisoft holds the title of being the worst company.

i7 7700k @ 4.9ghz | Asus Maximus IX Hero | G.skill 32gb @ 3200 | Gtx 1080 classified | In win 909 | Samsung 960 pro 1tb | WD caviar blue 1tb x3 | Dell u3417w | Corsair H115i | Ducky premier dk9008p (mx reds) | Logitech g900 | Sennheiser hd 800s w/ hdvd 800 | Audioengine a5+ w/ s8

Maybe because your too young to remember when they weren't a shitty company, you have nothing to compare it to.

I don't know really, I'm 22. My only real problem with EA is that they bought out Westwood Studios only to shut it down 5 years later. I will admit however that I have never in my life needed to contact customer service for any other game than World of Warcraft.

Ubisoft has been the worst publisher since Vivendi disappeared. Only recently have the hive mind of "only plays the 6 highest budget games every year" crowd noticed.,

FFS, Ubisoft shut down the multiplayer server finder for Heroes of Might & Magic V just 9 months after launch. They are a bunch of atrocious bastards, and always have been. Not to mention, they bought Heroes of Might & Magic franchise only so they could spew out shovelware and run it into (or through) the ground. Every HoMM since 3 has been shit, except 5, which they didn't even support for a full year.

And the only good game they ever made, Beyond Good and Evil, they call a "mistake". Because it couldn't be turned into a money printing machine. Fucking hate Ubisoft more than anything else on this entire fucking planet.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

Even at EA's worst, Ubisoft was always clearly worse in my opinion.

What is Ubisofts BF4 launch?

Not that i'm defending defending Ubisoft, far from it, their E3 co-op gameplay demos alone are almost enough to make me never want to buy another game from them. But at least they pushed Watchdogs (which I haven't played, and have no interest in playing) back instead of forcing it out before it was ready and leaving the consumer to deal with a broken game on day one and having to wait for patch after patch before it was in a stable state.

Unless there is something I am forgetting, in the video game world no one tops EA at their worst. Although after BF4 they may have finally learned their lesson with pushing Hardline back.

Not that i'm defending defending Ubisoft, far from it, their E3 co-op gameplay demos alone are almost enough to make me never want to buy another game from them. But at least they pushed Watchdogs (which I haven't played, and have no interest in playing) back instead of forcing it out before it was ready and leaving the consumer to deal with a broken game on day one and having to wait for patch after patch before it was in a stable state.

Unless there is something I am forgetting, in the video game world no one tops EA at their worst. Although after BF4 they may have finally learned their lesson with pushing Hardline back.

This isn't a dick-size comparing contest. There's no "oh they aren't as bad as these really bad people", they're both shit, absolute shit.

Both of them are shit game developers and publishers, no doubt, no competition. No, one is not better, one is not less shit than the other, they're both fucking horrible gaming companies.

Maybe not the worst company, but definitely the worst video game company for sure.

I played BF4 for hundreds of hours immediately after launch. It had problems, including a few big ones, but it was nowhere near as bad as it gets credit for. But if you want a real answer: Watch Dogs was/still is far worse, in my opinion.

At least with EA, the PC ports are generally fine. Even with all the problems with BF4, its far more competent technically than many other games that are broken by design on PC. The same cannot be said of Ubisoft or Activision, even going years into the past.