chimmychunger

So thats mu question tell me

what your headphones are

how long u have had them

how good they are 

And if u would recommend them

thx 

p.s i ask coz i need new headphones thx

What is your budget? I have had the Sennheiser HD 201s for 5ish years now, because my mom got them, but I've ended up taking them and using them as my main headphones. They are great headphones for the price, but I have been thinking of upgrading to either Sony MDR-V6s or Audio Technica ATH-M50s. I want the best sound and comfort, and I feel like I am missing out with my current headphones. 

I bought a preowned pair of Sennheiser HD 650s back in January. Love em with my Little Dot DAC_I and MK IV SE

That'll be quite the post:

I always had cheap headphones until recently.

First I had a pair of MM Gear discrete surround sound headphones I got in a bargain bin for $20.

Then when they broke I decided I'd see what all the fuss was about and bought a pair of AKG K240 studios for *GASP* $100.

I was floored, to say the least, but they didn't get loud enough on my old shuttle's onboard, so that lead to that Xonar Essence STX.  That's another story though.

Next I got a pair of AKG K702s since I wanted to find out if it could get any better.  It did.

Then my AKG K702's headband broke after a year.  I really screwed that up.  So on a whim I bought a pair of Beyerdynamic DT990 pros.  I don't like the sound QUITE as much, but nothing has endured my hamfists quite as well over the years.

Of course you might have seen my review of the Hifiman He-500 on the member reviews board, which is my latest self-justified audio purchase.

Guess nobody was interested in the headphone reviews since I never got a single reply.  That or most people look here for headphone reviews.

"Pardon my French but this is just about the most ignorant blanket statement I've ever read. And though this is the internet, I'm not even exaggerating."

years ago:

turtle beach X11 and X31... at the time I thought they were awesome well the x11 was. bassy and I was able to detect where enemy footsteps were coming from. I got the x31 because I thought it would be cool to be wireless. back then I probably would have made recommended them to others because I knew no better. 

turtle beaches broke on my and I got tired of putting up with the shit wireless quality of the x31 I decided to make a better puchase

Corsair vengeance 2000: bought a year ago. this was just a few months after they launched the product. I decided to go with them because they were brand new and had big 50 mm drivers and 7.1. I thought they would be my final audio solution.for movies music and gaming. I did recommend them to others, 2 people in my guild have them as well and they are lucky that they havent been subjected to the cracking headband plague I am on my 4th pair I still use them daily. compared to my turtle beaches these have been phenomenal, I described them as eargasmic because they were such a huge improvement to what I have heard before. 

audio technica ATH-M50 bought 8-10 months ago. after eargasming to the corsair V2K I wondered what else was on the market and these lived up to the hype. another eargasm, the sheer clarity and detail of sound was just another level from the corsair V2K

audio technica ATH-Ad700 after the m50 I found these used pair locally 6 months ago.  another eargasm to occur. I thought the ATH-M50 was the pinnacle of audio but these introduced me to soundstage and another level of clarity and definition of instruments especially stringed. 

Audio technica ATH-WS55

Beyerdynamic DT770   I got the ws55 a week ago and the DT770 on thursday. both because I wanted a bassy headphone and both because I found such a good deal I couldnt resist them and they both hit different spots in the bass soundspace. 

I will not recommend any to anyone whatsoever. be kind to your wallets and do not buy any headphones

Sennheiser 598's

Nice phones, original's broke but i replaced and still happy with them :)

Akula  | Dimastech Test Bench | Watercooled | Tri GTX 680's | Build of the Week

Mercury | Caselabs Mercury S3 | Watercooled | GTX Titan | Build of the Week

Armada | Define R4 Titanium | Watercooled | EK Waterblocks | Newest Buildlog

Over ear

Monoprice dj style

cheap sounding, cheap feeling, and cheap cost.

shure earpads make them more comfortable but they double the cost of the phones.

koss porta pro

extremely small and lightweight. would take over the monoprice any day.

these have a lot more bass than I expected.  only ok sound, but it's great for the price.

HD595

Excellent sound, really bass light, but the best headphone I've had for gaming.

extremely comfortable. only so-so build quality. the plastic above the earcups started cracking.

Shure srh-840

Smoother sound and more bass than the hd595.

Great build quality, I feel I can toss this around with no worry of cracks.

HE-500

Sound quality was a step up from the 840's and the 595's but I don't think it would be worth it to upgrade from these.

Best bass extension I've heard, without being too strong. Excellent highs.

The only reason I rate the 595's over these for gaming, is comfort.

These are heavy and the headband doesn't have quite enough padding for me, occasionally requiring adjustment.

IEM's

I'm not a huge fan of iems but here it goes.

monoprice enhanced bass IEM

surprisingly good for the $7, rivaled my meelec m6 for sound quality.

housing is a little large and some may have comfort issues.

The braided sleeve is terrible and the cable pops out and kinks easily.

meelec m6

I'd almost go with the monoprice over these due to the cost.

housing is smaller, and more comfortable. More accessories(eartips and case/pouch)

the cable is strong and with the over the ear cable and shirt clip microphonics aren't a problem.

meelec cc-51p

Right as I got these, I tried to take off the eartip and the driver pulled off the housing, ripping the wires out. The housing was too small for my soldering iron so I couldn't fix it.

contacted Meelec, sent pictures in, explained my situation. I received a new/refurbished pair for free in a few days. Fantastic customer service.

Great sounding for IEM's, but bass is too much for me. 

Will work for electronic components and parts

Reviews: Meelec CC51P - Monoprice 8323 - Koss Porta Pros  - Shure SRH-440 - Shure SRH-550DJShure SRH-840 - Hifiman He-500 - iBasso D4 - o2 Amplifier  -  SkeletonDac

>So thats mu question tell me

k

>what your headphones are

(my current stuff)

AKG K702

Philips Cityscape Uptown

Shure SE315 (IEM's)

meelec m6 (IEM's)

>how long u have had them

K702: 2.5 years

Uptown: 1 month

SE315: 3 years

m6: 1 year

>how good they are 

K702: Fantastic. I see no real reason to ever upgrade, I don't think anything else would be worth the money over my current set up (D1 DAC/Little Dot tube amp with driver tube upgrade). Perfect frequency response for me, epic (EPIC) soundstage, great clarity and forwardness, extremely comfortable with an easy headband mod, very difficult to drive properly (see: my amp). MIGHT try HE-500's if I ask a certain forum member if it's with the upgrade ( :)). Literally the perfect jazz and soft/classic rock headphone IMO, excellent for everything else when driven adequately. Great for gaming too.

Uptown: On par with ATH-M50's. Got them for $60 (60% off), use them on the bus/plane/travelling. Great isolation, punchy bass that isn't too muddy, good detail, easy to drive, incredibly comfortable, surprisingly good soundstage. Really can't complain for the price.

SE315: Also great for travelling, use them for exercise a lot. Over ear design is good, very comfortable, excellent isolation, SQ matches the price I guess. Don't use as much now that I have the Uptowns.

m6:  Holy SH!T why are these so good for $18. got them for skiing.

>And if u would recommend them

Yes, all of them

>thx

np

Laptop Lenovo Thinkpad X220 - CPU: i5 2420m - RAM: 8gb - SSD: Samsung 830 - IPS screen Peripherals Monitor: Dell U2713HM - KB: Ducky shine w/PBT (MX Blue) - Mouse: Corsair M60

Audio Beyerdynamic DT990pro headphones - Audioengine D1 DAC/AMP - Swan D1080-IV speakers

home use:

Beyerdynamic DT770

My first good Headphones, insanely bass heavy, very comfortable. Have them i think around 6 Years now

Beyerdynamic DT880

Less bass, much bigger stage and more detailes than the 770's, got them around 4-5 years ago

Audezé LCD-2 Rev. 2

My personal reference headphones, kind of dark sounding and probably the best bass i have every heard. Bought 2 years ago

portable: 

Beyerdynamic DT1350

Have searched long for a nice over ear, and this is it. A little bot more bass than the 880, less aggressive in the heights and slightly less detailled. Own them for 5 Months now

Compact Monitors Stage 2

very neutral, i feel like they have minimal raised bass. Most detailled head/earphones i own. Bought 1 year ago

As you can probably tell i am an Beyerdynamic fan :D

And if you are willing to spend the same money i would totally recommend all of them. 

Sennheiser momentum headphone (OTEH), 349 dollars. (about 400 USD were i live).

Had them since early January.

They are excellent with a natural soundstage. 

I would recommend them as a OTEH (Over the ear headphone)

Sennheiser ie80's (IEM), (about 330 USD were i live)

Had them for a coupple of weeks.

AMAZING with top notch, slightliy modified, bass response that's like sex for your ears.

BUY THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!

Klipsch S4i (IEM), (entry price of about 70 dollars. i got them for 35 USD)

2 years.

Great all around headphone with decent sound quality. 

They are the best in the price range!

Check this out:

http://www.head-fi.org/products/category/in-ear

http://www.head-fi.org/products/category/over-ear

http://www.head-fi.org/products/

:D

I am quite into headphones and have owned a lot of them. Here is a list:

Current
Superlux HD681 modded with parts from AKG K140/K240 (I call them Frankenlux)
AKG K140 closed back
Audio Technica ESW9 (Germania mod)
HiFiMAN HE-300
Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro

Previously owned
Beyerdynamic DT1350
Denon AH-C551
Sony XB1000
Fischer Audio FA-003
Beyerdynamic DT880 (2005 ed.)
Sennheiser HD555
Sennheiser HD650
Sennheiser HD201
Denon AH-D1001

The HiFiMan HE-300 are my daily drivers. At work I use the ATH-ESW9, however I just bought the Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro, which might replace them. As for the HE-300 I replaced the Sennheiser HD650 with those, as I find them to sound slightly better, it was more a sidegrade than an upgrade, but the HE-300 are a less recessed in the sound compared to the HD650.

The DT880 were my first pair of real headphones, which I bought with a Meier Corda Swing headphone amplifier. Great combo, however I sold them to try something else.

The worst headphone on the list must be the Sony XB1000, they are recessed as hell and have a flabby bass. One thing they do well, is to massage your ear drums as they can make a crazy suction which moves the eardrums if played loudly enough.

As for DACs and AMPs here is a list what I currently own and have previously owned:

Current
Audio-gd 10.2
MUSE DAC 4xTDA1553 w/ upgraded caps
NuForce uDAC2
Aune T1

Previously owned

Objective 2

Meier Corda Swing
Aune X1
Fiio E10
Fiio E11
Indeed G2

The Audio-gd 10.2 is my daily driver, and is a beast of a DAC/AMP. I drive my HE-300 from the balanced output, which is super nice. Extremely black background and gives the headphones more room too breathe. It can handle most headphones with ease, with its ability to pump out lots of wattage at even high impedance levels.

At work I currently use the NuForce uDAC2, however it is being replaced by the Aune T1 soon I think. It sounds a lot better than the uDAC2.

Paired my STX with AKG K240`s and since then (few years ago) i`m a happy camper !

Of course AKG K240`s aren`t even close to top charts (for headphones) but for a such a small price they are absolutelly amazing quality, also pretty much heavy duty headphones with tolerance to some punishment :P.

Also they are very easy to drive, no need for some super fancy (expensive) headphone amps and such.

I also tried AKG K702 very good headphones. 

51697_l.jpg

AKG HSC 171. I don't know if they're still sold, but they are essentially K171 (mk. 1) with a condenser boom mic. K171's were studio/live/broadcast grade headphones, the HSC171 retains that headphone design but adds a broadcast quality mic. Very popular in radio and TV commentator applications. They are my default studio reference pieces when mixing music, although they are not as flat as the 240s, and I use them for gaming as well. (And have received oodles of compliments on my clear mic sound  :P )

They have replaceable cable, so in theory they should last forever as long as you don't beat up the headphone itself.

The headphones use a full size jack cable and the mic uses three-point XLR, so you would need a DAC with those inputs to use them. I believe they are 55 ohm headphones.

There's an MK II of these out now, but I've seen stores that still have the MK I.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

The worst headphone on the list must be the Sony XB1000, they are recessed as hell and have a flabby bass. One thing they do well, is to massage your ear drums as they can make a crazy suction which moves the eardrums if played loudly enough.

I've read that the XB line suffered from bloated bass and muddy mids but I didn't expect the flagship of their line to suffer the same fate. 

I've read that the XB line suffered from bloated bass and muddy mids but I didn't expect the flagship of their line to suffer the same fate. 

They do live up to their name though. eXtreme Bass. It can get very extreme, and that is the only thing they do...

what your headphones are

Over the top: Shure 840

In ear: Monster Turbines (lol)

how long u have had them

The Shures: about 5 months

The Turbines: two years (?)

how good they are 

Shures: Very good, top quality

Turbines: Pretty good, sound decent.

Yep I would. Most definitely the Shures, any day of the week, but I would suggest to find the Turbines on sale (like I did).

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

Sennheiser HD598

Owned them almost a year and still love them. They are very comfortable with long use and sound amazing. Only complaint is the lack of bass but the soundstage more then makes up for it. Plus, they look like a Luxery car lol.

what your headphones are

Over the top: Shure 840

In ear: Monster Turbines (lol)

how long u have had them

The Shures: about 5 months

The Turbines: two years (?)

how good they are 

Shures: Very good, top quality

Turbines: Pretty good, sound decent.

Yep I would. Most definitely the Shures, any day of the week, but I would suggest to find the Turbines on sale (like I did).

I had Turbines about 4 years ago and I remember the bass being incredible. Not muddy, not overpowering, just so boomy and clean. I could feel it in my chest  :P Was great till the left driver conked out...

Laptop Lenovo Thinkpad X220 - CPU: i5 2420m - RAM: 8gb - SSD: Samsung 830 - IPS screen Peripherals Monitor: Dell U2713HM - KB: Ducky shine w/PBT (MX Blue) - Mouse: Corsair M60

Audio Beyerdynamic DT990pro headphones - Audioengine D1 DAC/AMP - Swan D1080-IV speakers

I had Turbines about 4 years ago and I remember the bass being incredible. Not muddy, not overpowering, just so boomy and clean. I could feel it in my chest  :P Was great till the left driver conked out...

Yeah, they sound pretty nice.

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

Bose Quietcomfort 15

Sennheiser 429

razer carcharias

I'll start buying headphones only nowadays, since I will receive my blue snowball soon :)

Check out the build: Used to be Obot, now Lilith

Shameless: Me

Current:

Bose AE2 1.5 Years

Sony XB500 1 year

Klipsh S2 1 year

Koss PortaPro 7 months

Sony MDR 7506 3 weeks

Owned

Shure SRH 440

Senheisser HD408

JVC FX something or rather very bassy

Senheisser HD 221

AKG K142 HD

AKG K518LE

Pioneer SE-M390 2 pairs

Able Planet Nc500TF

Klipsch S3

All the owned pairs are either ones Ive taken back because of head size issues (AKG,Senheisser), QC issues (Klipsch,Pioneer),Comfort issues (JVC,Shure), or broken by sister (Ableplanet). There are many more Ive owned these are just the ones taken back to Futureshop because they just would not give me my money back in actual money and ended up having to settle for the boses at $150.

I would recommend for sound quality Shure, AKG, and Sennheiser and most Sony models.

For Build Quality Sony,Shure and AKG

For Comfort Bose,Sony,Koss. Pioneer and AKG

For overall happyness with their products Shure, Sony,Koss, Bose.

It seems like the Germans have small heads cause any German or Austrian headphone I have use is WAY too small for my head even though they make music sound very lively.

I have had problems with QC from Klipsh and Pioneer from Kilpsch the cable strains (the places which the cord goes into the ear cup) and jack problems with the Pioneers (Super bendy jacks).

CPU: AMD 3600 GPU: ASUS DUAL OC RX 6750 XT MOBO: Asus Prime X570-P RAM: 16GB XPG Gammix D10 3000Mhz

PSU: Gamdias Kratos P1 650w 80+ Gold OS:Windows 10 pro Case: 4U Rackmount  HDD/SSD:Seagate 8 TB/ Patriot Scorch m.2 512GB

You can't spell ignorant without IGN...-TheSLSAMG

>It seems like the Germans have small heads

I'd say it's quite the opposite given the giant HD650s, Beyer DT series, and AKGK701/2s have enormous headbands and cups.

"Pardon my French but this is just about the most ignorant blanket statement I've ever read. And though this is the internet, I'm not even exaggerating."

First off if you have a good sound card get a set of high impedance anolog headphones. I have a pair of Corsair Vengeance 2000 wireless headphones had them for about a year now it is a love hate relationship, I will start with pros

• very comfortable I have worn these for hours with no problems even have fallen asleep with them on watching youtube or netflix on my tv.
  • very easy to use software but not needed
  • decent sound quailty
  • wireless this is my favorite part
  • nice boom mic
  • build quality seems good
  • battery life still 9 hours as advertised

next cons

• Had to RMA the first pair left ear piece was inop
  • almost RMA'd the second pair recieved the headphones with loose screws some were missing
  • 7.1 emulation
  • Disappointed with speaker degredation over time I used to be able to crank these up and get nearly clear audio now I crackles a little on high volume levels even after messing with EQ's.

I am going to change headphones soon I own an ASUS Maximus V Formula board wtih onboard discreet audio I want to use this feature. With the wireless and other USB multichannel headset the soundcard is in the usb connector. Another drawback to multichannel headset's is the fact that true surround is headsets have poorer sound quality because the drivers are smaller. Ands with emulated surround you get great sound due to 2 large drivers but the emulation is poor. With the original sound driver for this headset I could barely distinguish the positional audio. Then Corsair updated driver use Dolby was very excited about this but once I used it I switched back to 2 channel. The Dolby driver has way too much bass and all the changing I could do with EQs didn't make it much better. I originally tested it with Crysis 3 and I couldn't hear any other audio over the explosions and since the bass was too high and loud it was very distorted.

My advice get a 2 channel high quality headset and a sound card if your don't already have one.

I will be keeping my Corsair head set though I love the fact that I can do the dishes and listen to my music as l;oud as I want without waking my daughter, or go to the fridge and grab a beverage without pausing the live stream (I watch it archived can't make the time slot)

Super OP AF Killer Retro Emulation PC 360 No Scope 420 Blaze It (Sorry I Couldn't Help It) Seriously Though This PC Is Overkill And Before You Ask It Does Play Crysis 1024x768 60 FPS

Intel Core Duo 2 Quad Q9550 @ 2.83GHz // ASUS P5N-D // Zalman CNPS9500A Air Cooler // 4GB G.Skill @ 400MHz 5 5 5 31 23 // 2 Way SLI GeForce 9800 GTX+ // 32" SONY WEGA CRT TV 480i // Corsair TX750 // Seagate 3TB // Win XP 32Bit // Sony DVD RW // ANTEC Full Tower // Steel Series H Wireless // Logitech K520 Wireless Keyboard // Logitech M510 Wireless Mouse // Logitech G27 Racing Wheel // Thrustmaster T-Flight HOTAS // HORI Fight Stick Mini // 8Bitdo NES30 Pro / FC30 Pro / SNES30 / SFC30 Bluetooth Controllers

Future Upgrades The New 8Bitdo Wireless SNES Controller With Analog Sticks / 8Bitdo Bluetooth Arcade Fight Stick / Proper HD I Know This Machine Does Not Support 3 TB / Icy Dock 5.25 4 Bay HD Hot Swap Bay For More Seamless Multi Booting Want To Run At Least Win 95, Win XP, Win 7 

i7 3770k @ 4.5Ghz // ASUS Maximus V Formula // CM Hyper 212 EVO // 16GB G.Skill Sniper @ 2133MHz 9 11 10 28 // Crossfire Sapphire 7970 // 42" 4K 60Hz FreeSync WasabiMango IPS // Corsair AX860 // Samsung 1TB 840EVO // Seagate 3TB // Seagate Barracuda 160GB sata II // OCZ Vertex 3 90GB sata III // Win 10 64Bit // ASUS DVD RW // 2 Corsair AF 120 // 2 Corsair SP 120 // 2 xigmatek 120 // Corsair 760t white flavor // NZXT HUE+ RGB Controller // Sennheiser G4me Zero // Steel Series H // Corsair M95 // Corsair K95 // 3 Xbox 360 Controllers // Dolphin Bar // Wii U Mote // Leap Motion Plus // Logitech G27 Racing Wheel // Thrustmaster T-Flight HOTAS // HORI Fight Stick Mini // 8Bitdo NES30 Pro / FC30 Pro / SNES30 / SFC30 Bluetooth Controllers

Future Upgrades 1080Ti or Vega RX64 http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/16900-nothing-special/

First off if you have a good sound card get a set of high impedance anolog headphones. I have a pair of Corsair Vengeance 2000 wireless headphones had them for about a year now it is a love hate relationship, I will start with pros

• very comfortable I have worn these for hours with no problems even have fallen asleep with them on watching youtube or netflix on my tv.
  • very easy to use software but not needed
  • decent sound quailty
  • wireless this is my favorite part
  • nice boom mic
  • build quality seems good
  • battery life still 9 hours as advertised

next cons

• Had to RMA the first pair left ear piece was inop
  • almost RMA'd the second pair recieved the headphones with loose screws some were missing
  • 7.1 emulation
  • Disappointed with speaker degredation over time I used to be able to crank these up and get nearly clear audio now I crackles a little on high volume levels even after messing with EQ's.

I am going to change headphones soon I own an ASUS Maximus V Formula board wtih onboard discreet audio I want to use this feature. With the wireless and other USB multichannel headset the soundcard is in the usb connector. Another drawback to multichannel headset's is the fact that true surround is headsets have poorer sound quality because the drivers are smaller. Ands with emulated surround you get great sound due to 2 large drivers but the emulation is poor. With the original sound driver for this headset I could barely distinguish the positional audio. Then Corsair updated driver use Dolby was very excited about this but once I used it I switched back to 2 channel. The Dolby driver has way too much bass and all the changing I could do with EQs didn't make it much better. I originally tested it with Crysis 3 and I couldn't hear any other audio over the explosions and since the bass was too high and loud it was very distorted.

My advice get a 2 channel high quality headset and a sound card if your don't already have one.

I will be keeping my Corsair head set though I love the fact that I can do the dishes and listen to my music as l;oud as I want without waking my daughter, or go to the fridge and grab a beverage without pausing the live stream (I watch it archived can't make the time slot)

i actually have the 2000's i personaly dont trust their build quality

• My headphones at the moment are DT990 Pro 250 ohm.
  • I'v had them for a few months
  • I would describe them as bretty good
  • and I would recommend them

Thanks,

Current rig: i5 2500k & Gtx 560ti With Filco MJ1 TKL & Neutron Gtx 120gb SSD