tell me about ur headphones

chimmychunger

I have a pair of Grado SR60i that used to belong to my Dad. That means they're over 20 years old and still sounding fantastic. They have great rock tones and I usually use them while on skype because they're open backed and I can hear my own voice properly as well. 

I have a pair of Shure SE215s that I use to listen to my ipod day to day. I've had them for over a year and replaced the cable once, and they still have their awesome, punchy bass and great sound. They're really comfy too. Very glad I bought them

Feel free to message me if you want to chat!

Astro a50s

Had them for almost 7 months now

they are ORGASMIC

only issue is the mic if you speak softly but its not that big of a deal....oh yeah and they are $320.

I would recommend Astro a40s because they are wired and you don't have to charge them. Also they have a better mix amp and mic....but they sound exactly the same. 

Logitech G35, I can't wait to get rid of these.

p.s. I don't recommend them.

Audio technica ath-ad900x,

had em for like 1 month now, sounds absolutely amazing with classical music or music with good range of frequencies.

Powering them with a Xonar Phoebus, if I bump the headphone amp to max, the dam things blow my ears up practically

They're also amazing for games, the drivers are huge, so using them with virtual surround is amazing

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

Koss Pro DJ100 I got them off of amazon for $50 and for that price they are pretty good.

I have the Momentums. I love them. They are neutral and balanced. Great build quality as well as looks great. They feel very comfortable when wearing them; I dont mind wearing them in the southern California heat.

audio technica ATH-Ad700 after the m50 I found these used pair locally 6 months ago.  another eargasm to occur. I thought the ATH-M50 was the pinnacle of audio but these introduced me to soundstage and another level of clarity and definition of instruments especially stringed. 

I also have the ATH-Ad700's .Great set of headphones, especially for gaming and music quality is fantastic. Just be warned that there isn't a huge amount of bass from these. For my music taste I don't mind it but if I wanted to listen to some thumping techno, these probably wouldn't be my first choice.

I think I would go for the Sennheiser HD598 as they were meant to be the same but a little bit better in the bass department. FluffyNuggets above wrote that they are still lacking in bass but I believe them to be better than AD700's. Any open ear headphone aren't going to match the bass of closed ear headphones but then closed won't match the soundstage (audio positional accuracy) of an open ear.

Rig: i7 2600K @ 4.2GHz, Larkooler Watercooling System, MSI Z68a-gd80-G3, 8GB G.Skill Sniper 1600MHz CL9, Gigabyte GTX 670 Windforce 3x 2GB OC, Samsung 840 250GB, 1TB WD Caviar Blue, Auzentech X-FI Forte 7.1, XFX PRO650W, Silverstone RV02 Monitors: Asus PB278Q, LG W2243S-PF (Gaming / overclocked to 74Hz) Peripherals: Logitech G9x Laser, QPad MK-50, AudioTechnica ATH AD700

Astro a50s I say if you have the money buy them.

<p>Wires Suck :angry:
!fY0|_|(4|\|R34[)7#!5PMM37#3(0[)3:1337 70833|\|73R3[)!|\|49!\/34\|/4Y 4|\|[)93741!f3

I have pioneer steel wheels and when i first got them they sounded pretty good but over the 2 years now they sound like utter crap and they bent to where i cant wear them on both ears. i wouldnt recommend them.

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

• 4 weeks later...

Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro (music)

Decent sound (mainly for music), good build quality, looks rather ugly (black version) but can be modded easily, detachable cable (will last a week - has bad connection), very high pressure fitting on the head which helps with noise cancellation but can be annoying to some, very light as well. Also requires a 2 day burn in time for sound stage to open up.

My opinion is that these are rather good for music, on par with the ath-m50.

Cooler master Storm Sirus 5.1 (games and /movies)

Great with movies with good sound effects and gaming of course, loose on the head (feels like it should be a little tighter), very heavy which makes it hard to keep on head when bending down or something. After 2 months or so of using it the sound got noticeably better. Very hard to configure the sound so it doesn't sound like a cave, but I managed to find a good balance.

My opinion is that there's better 5.1 gaming headsets out there but it's good enough.

Sennheiser 438 (talking youtube videos, portable)

Good clarity with the highs (reasons for talking youtube videos), 64ohm so they don't require too much to power, fairly flimsy build but haven't broken yet after 6 or so years. Comes with 3m cable and a 1.2m cable, hard to find a replacement cable because of the stupid housing shape. Velour (I think) ear pads so won't sweat as bad. Very light but a rather loose fit on the head. Extremely comfortable due to the loose and light fitting and I could wear them for ever and not get sore head or ears.

My opinion is that these or a similar type would be a good purchase.

CPU: 3930k  @ stock                                  RAM: 32GB RipjawsZ @ 2133Mhz       Cooling: Custom Loop
MOBO: AsRock x79 Extreme9                      SSD: 240GB Vertex 3 (OS)                     Case: HAF XB                     LG 34um95 + Ergotron MX Arm Mount - Dual Review
  GPUs: Gigabyte GTX 670 SLI                     HDD: 1TB WD Black                                PSU: Corsair AX 860                               Beyerdynamic - Custom One Pro Review

i have  a few headphones

1)sennheiser hd201  over ear

they are good and comfort for there price,not really for music

but just for gaming they are fine

they are very light

2) akg k518 le  on ear

they sound good but not perfect 

a pair of audio technica ath-m50 will beat theme right away 

considering there price they are good

3 sennheiser cx200 street 2  in ear

preety cheapo price for a good pice of earphone

but if you can add 20-30 bucks you can get much better in ear headphones

i dont really like theme

$80 Fostex T50RP - Best headphones i've owned so far. You can mod these to make them sound 5 times their value. Comfort is decent once you change the stock pads, which are terrible. Owned them for half a year. You can make them sound however you want to. Too much bass? you can fix it with less bass ports. Too much treble? You can fix that by adding cotton inside the housing. The T50RPs improve drastically with an amp. 

$30 Sennheiser CX300 - Terrible. Do not buy, unless you enjoy bloated and inaccurate bass.

$30 Sony MH1c - Not a bad sound for the price, but the cable is rubbish and it's a bit too bass heavy for my liking. 

$70 Klipsch S4 - I remember these having and amazing comfort, but the cable was too thin which led to them breaking in 2 months. Don't really remember much about the sound.

$60 V-Sonic GR06 - Best IEMs I've had for the price. Mid-forward tonality. I've owned them for a year. It doesn't have the "wow" factor its bigger brother, the GR07 has, but it sounds 80% as good. Great for vocal-focused music, good at everything else.

$200 Sennheiser HD595 - Comfortable, laid-back sound. Nothing really stands out from these.

$150 Audio Technica M50 - My first headphone. Terrible comfort from both, the pads and the headband. The soundstage is ridiculously small, which makes everything sound congested. They have a V shaped sound, the're good for bass-heavy music, not much more. I felt they improved with HM5 angled pads, but they're $30.

$250 AKG K550 - Build quality is excellent, but the sound didn't really win me over. I felt it had a weird voicing. The soundstage is excellent compared to most closed headphones though. Definitely needs an amp to extract most of its sound.

$400 Hifiman HE400 - I love how these extract details, but again, they were a bit too heavy on the bass. The voices also had a weird sound. They had an amazing soundstage, though. These have an orthodynamic driver, which essentially means they are useless without an amp. 

Sennheiser HD 380 Pro bought back in September when I built my system.

http://en-us.sennheiser.com/monitoring-headphone-studio-headphone-professional-audio-hd-380-pro

CPU: i5 4690K  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100   Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97X UD3H   Memory: G.Skill (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866   Storage: Samsung 830 Series 128GB 2.5" SSD/Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM   GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 660 Ti SC 2GB   Case: Cooler Master CM 690 II (Black) ATX Mid Tower   PSU: CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX650M 650W 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified   Optical Drive: MSI DH-24AAS-17 R DVD/CD Writer   Operating System: Windows 10 Pro (64 bit)