What fun projects are you working on for school, work, or pleasure?

I've recently been convinced to host a Terraria server. I'm hosting it using mono in a Linux VM on a corporate hypervisor.

Sweet - I haven't played that game, yet...

ASRock B550M PG RIPTIDE       Corsair Vengeance 16 GB DDR4             TEAMGROUP MP33 1 TB NVME SSD

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X                   Antec DF700 Case                                 MSI Radeon RX 580 4 GB ARMOR OC

Free time: View stuff... A lot of stuff... So much stuff, I need a second monitor to get through them faster...

School: Making Calibre useful outside personal usage...

Oh, like applying to businesses?

ASRock B550M PG RIPTIDE       Corsair Vengeance 16 GB DDR4             TEAMGROUP MP33 1 TB NVME SSD

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X                   Antec DF700 Case                                 MSI Radeon RX 580 4 GB ARMOR OC

Oh, like applying to businesses?

Something like that... I'm working on a web-based frontend for it... sort of...

Something like that... I'm working on a web-based frontend for it... sort of...

I still need to venture into on-line formats...I don't know any HTML yet

shadowplay.

What's that really popular steaming software people use....starts with an "F" I think....

I still need to venture into on-line formats...I don't know any HTML yet

Start here: http://www.w3schools.com/

We use this site for quick-reference in our webdesign/webdev classes...

What's that really popular steaming software people use....starts with an "F" I think....

fraps

Intel i7 4702MQ| Nvidia GTX 850M| Kingston 16GB DDR3 1600Mhz| Acer VA70_HW (mobo)| 1TB WD Blue| MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ8E0|1600x900 display|Win 8.1

Intel i5 4690K @Stock| Sapphire 390 Nitro| Hyper X Fury 2x4GB| MSI SLI Krait z97| Noctua Nh-U12S | 850 EVO 256GB| 2TB WD Black | CM V 850w| Enthoo Luxe

If you want to tag me or any person with periods do: @[Member='Name]

Bought the z77 chipset mobo recently - friend when he built it assured me I could overclock with the M line...well he done fucked up :P

i've lost faith in humanity...

msi z97m gaming - i5 4690k @4.4ghz 1.2V corsair h110 powercolor r9 290x pcs+ - 8GB corsair vengeance dual channel @2133mhz - thermaltake smart power se 730watts - intel 530 series 240GB ssd seagate 1tb 7200rpm - corsiar obsidian 350D - 2x enermax tb silence 140mm - logitech x-530 - sony mdr xb600 - medion 24'' 1080P cm storm quickfire tk white edition with cherry mx red cheap but awesome mouse #GloriousPaintMasterRace

Start here: http://www.w3schools.com/

We use this site for quick-reference in our webdesign/webdev classes...

Sweet, thanks..

writing a torrent tracker cms (like wordpress on steroids) in php. might rewrite in python, its been stagnant a while now.

CPU: Ryzen 5800X | GPU: RTX 3080 FE | Board: x570 Aorus Master | RAM: 32GB GSkill TridentZ | Case: Phanteks 719

have been working on my own media center program.... everything out there sucks and is way to slow for me... so i build my own, real fast and no flashy crap which slows things down.

its not perfect but i've been working on it on and off for 2 years now... also been using it all that time :)

I have no signature

writing a torrent tracker cms (like wordpress on steroids) in php. might rewrite in python, its been stagnant a while now.

Cool!

have been working on my own media center program.... everything out there sucks and is way to slow for me... so i build my own, real fast and no flashy crap which slows things down.

its not perfect but i've been working on it on and off for 2 years now... also been using it all that time :)

Sweet! :)  I think the best ones are those that are functional for yourself too...gotta make you can use, too!  Most fun that way

Currently developing a program that allows my uncle to sort students out in his school, their grades and generate a report quarterly along with some other things.

Currently developing a program that allows my uncle to sort students out in his school, their grades and generate a report quarterly along with some other things.

Nice!  I am working on something similar but just for my own schooling and keeping track of assignments and such...

I have helped develop a very robust automated testing application written in VB.NET (slowly converting to C#). This one is for work so I can't exactly release anything (although I do plan at some point to take my experience and work on an open source tool similar to mine, likely using Selenium as the back end). We house some 20,000 tests and are constantly growing, it started out as a fun project between colleges (we despised Quick Test Professional, the program the company was using at the time) and has grown into the tool it is today.

I've also been working with Bootstrap to spice up my front end web design, and damn has it been awesome. I've always been a back end guy, but I've found myself really enjoying building websites with bootstrap. 

I have helped develop a very robust automated testing application written in VB.NET (slowly converting to C#). This one is for work so I can't exactly release anything (although I do plan at some point to take my experience and work on an open source tool similar to mine, likely using Selenium as the back end). We house some 20,000 tests and are constantly growing, it started out as a fun project between colleges (we despised Quick Test Professional, the program the company was using at the time) and has grown into the tool it is today.

I've also been working with Bootstrap to spice up my front end web design, and damn has it been awesome. I've always been a back end guy, but I've found myself really enjoying building websites with bootstrap. 

Nice!  I am trying to break into web design a little, myself.  I don't know enough about back end anything unfortunately.  I have just been messing with Windows Forms, VB.Net, but am also working on transitioning into C#.

I need to make a website eventually to post projects, just for fun.

Learning about forking processes. Kind of breaking my brain, slightly.

Learning about forking processes. Kind of breaking my brain, slightly.

Hm.  I've never heard of that!

I don't know if I could particularly call it fun, but I'm setting out to write a simple, configurable Point of Sales system that interacts with a database file, written in C#. Not for anything in particular, but I think it could be a good thing to help me explore more into the .NET framework and better grasp OOP. 

I am scouting for the game development framework that I like the most, Which is just a cover up for every time I see a cool 'new' framework I jump to it :S

I am currently on SFML C++ xD yay manually managed memory!

I don't know if I could particularly call it fun, but I'm setting out to write a simple, configurable Point of Sales system that interacts with a database file, written in C#. Not for anything in particular, but I think it could be a good thing to help me explore more into the .NET framework and better grasp OOP. 

Cool!  I am basically in the midst of grasping OOP myself.

I am scouting for the game development framework that I like the most, Which is just a cover up for every time I see a cool 'new' framework I jump to it :S

I am currently on SFML C++ xD yay manually managed memory!

Ohhhh, I would love to look into game development framework...I've always wanted to mess around with texture mapping, or whatever it's really called

Building a command line based XML Editor, which I hope makes XML files easier and more efficient to create and edit. And I am planning on making a application which would push navigation from your PC to your android phone.

Nice!  I am trying to break into web design a little, myself.  I don't know enough about back end anything unfortunately.  I have just been messing with Windows Forms, VB.Net, but am also working on transitioning into C#.

I need to make a website eventually to post projects, just for fun.

I'd try WordPress if you're looking to get into web stuff. It gives you the framework to use and you can mess around with it later.

Ohhhh, I would love to look into game development framework...I've always wanted to mess around with texture mapping, or whatever it's really called

I found Unity was fairly easy. Or if you're familiar with C# XNA is also decent to learn with (but obsolete, it was made for Xbox 360 indie devs).