Website displays thousands of unsecured CCTV and webcam footage

C0LL0SS0S

pfft plz this stuff is old news peole have been getting into cams for years i dont use one atm but when i do have them i disable them or turn them owards a wall or something

Only plug my webcam in when I'm using it.

Website doesn't work right for me, can't view any webcams.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

The fact that this is a thing is super weird, what sort of freak gets off watching peoples webcams? The internet is a terrifying place.

Anyway I never disable/turn off/spin around my webcams on my monitor or laptops. It just isn't something I think to do. All anyone would see is me staring into it though, so its not a big deal, I mean worst case someone sees me shirtless but in case you couldn't tell from my av I don't care about that. Im not gonna inconvenience myself because of some neckbeards. 

Conceal your intentions

I sometimes think about doing it on my phone.

I think I should blackout my front camara with a black marker.

I used to think people who put tape over their webcams were paranoid...

Used to.

CPU: 5820k 4.5Ghz 1.28v, RAM: 16GB Crucial 2400mhz, Motherboard: Evga X99 Micro, Graphics Card: GTX 780, Water Cooling: EK Acetal CPU/GPU blocks,

240mm Magicool slim rad, 280mm Alphacool rad, D5 Vario pump, 1/4 ID 3/4 OD tubing, Noctua Redux 140/120mm fans. PSU: Evga 750w G2 SSD: Samsung 850 Pro 256GB & Seagate SSHD 2TB Audio: Sennheiser HD558s, JBL! speakers, Fiio E10k DAC/Amp Monitor: Xstar DP2710LED @ 96hz (Korean Monitor) Case: Fractal Node 804

You fools!

Did any of you read the article or actually go to the website? This is not your average webcam that's connected to your computer. These are things like CCTV cameras and network security cameras on which the schmucks operating them have not changed the default password. As I understand it, they're designed to be used remotely and that's why you can view them via a simple website. Seriously, some of them literally look like this:

UN: admin
PW:

Don't give in to the sensationalism of the other commenters.

waffle waffle waffle on and on and on