To teenage LTT members: Do your parents get mad at you for decent grades in school?

rambi36

Not really I got 4 gcses and got into my level 3 college course just.

Steve

I don't think they care much as long as they are at a C- or higher.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

Oh yeah, I have a 3.6 GPA or something. 

My parents don't get TOO mad, but my friend loses his PC when he has 2 or more B's, even though he already is only allowed 1 Hour per day :huh:

Currently in Washington, 90% and above is an A, 80% is a B, 70% is a C, 60% is a D, and below 60% is an F.

As long as I did my best, my mother didn't care. Though, she did tell me to get out of college after one year because she could see what it was doing to me. :D

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

My parents wants me to get straight A's or i get the HURRRRT and yes i am asian.

I got 1 single B+ for 1 module while getting straight A's for the rest (3 being distinction aka top 5%) and i take 7 modules. (heck the module that I've gotten B+ in is some communication module) and luckily my parents were in a good mood xD.

My gpa was 3.96 (4 being the max).

479453_700b.jpg

The BBQ: i7-4770 / 212x / Tri-X R9 290x 1075/1400 / MSI H87-G43 GAMING / EVGA G2 850W / Corsair Spec 03 / Samsung 840 EVO 250gb SSD / Toshiba 2TB HDD / 8gb Kingston DDR3 1600mhz

Peripherals: G710+ / G502 / Bose Companion 2 Series III / Audio Technica ATH-M40x / Sound Magic E50

Monitors: Dell U2414H 

explaining uk university grading system is difficult to people

70+ 
Most work
exceeds the
standard  
expected

80+
All work
substantially
exceeds the
standard
expected

essential 70% is the same as 100% outside of uk unis and anything higher is stuff that isnt even covered in lectures or practice

I am a child of two teachers, and i am so happy that school is finally over. Anything below A was counted as a failure

All my mom wants is for me to get a passing grade. B)

image.png?w=400&c=1

Life.exe is missing

Aim for the 100, don't take 80 for an answer.

Now, you shouldn't feel bad about it if you do get an 80 or something, but it should motivate you to kick more ass on the next marking period or whatever. If you get the top score, you're the best. Simple as that. Go be the best!

And if your parents are pissed about an 80, go get that 100 and rip them a new one. It's like a challenge to thwart their expectations.

Git Gud.

No, I have three D's, two B's and an A

i3-2120|4gb 1333|GTX 650ti 1gb|Fractal R4|Corsair 430w 

my parents are ok they don't mind if i dont get 90% btw no i am not asian, They only mind if i get like 50 in key subjects and stuff like that 

yeah my mom wants A+ or NOTHING!

But she's not as bad as some of my friends' moms. 

If I get a B- or below, only 30min of PC time till my grade goes up

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

All I need to do is get 50%, a passing grade and my mom is usually very happy with that.

50% is passing? Where do you live uganda?

Ryzen 3700x -Evga RTX 2080 Super- Msi x570 Gaming Edge - G.Skill Ripjaws 3600Mhz RAM - EVGA SuperNova G3 750W -500gb 970 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 850 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 840 Evo  - 4Tb WD Blue- NZXT h500 - ROG Swift PG348Q

My mom kinda gave up on me getting all A's and B's. We both know I knew what I was learning, but I was too lazy to do a lot of the work. We kinda settled that if I graduated I kept my life. :lol:

Some pass marks in our school eg. art, are 50

Specs: CPU: AMD FX 6300 Motherboard: Gigabyte 970A DS3P RAM: HyperX Fury 16GB 1866MHz GPU: MSI R9 270 OC edition Case: Sharkoon VS3-S SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB HDD: 1TB Caviar Blue PSU: Corsair CX500W

*If I say something that seems offensive, please don't take it seriously, it was most likely meant as a joke/sarcastically*

in the uk you can pass a gcse with 40% although no one gives a shit i mean its called a G. you know its bad when they have to go that far down the alphabet

When I lived in virginia, the damn country bumpkin hill people there are a pass mark of 70% minimum. Shocking ireland scores so low. 

Ryzen 3700x -Evga RTX 2080 Super- Msi x570 Gaming Edge - G.Skill Ripjaws 3600Mhz RAM - EVGA SuperNova G3 750W -500gb 970 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 850 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 840 Evo  - 4Tb WD Blue- NZXT h500 - ROG Swift PG348Q

50%? if you're in the states, then that's an F, not even remotely close to passing

i usually average straight A's, but my parents know that if I actually try hard they don't care what grade I get. most of the time, if I do try my hardest, I end up with the grades I want so it all works out nicely

bad grades here and there aren't the end of the world (heck, 80 isn't bad) but she's probably telling you this because it is a project. projects are usually free A's if you follow the rubric and put in effort, so I can see where the frustration comes from. she's not mad though, just wants to pull the potential out of you -- push you a little bit more

50%... I live in Canada so... Idk, its a passing grade at least.

Canada, Or at least for my school it is.

Fuck...i have poor grades on Math & Science. If i screw up a test on those subjects, then i'm fucked. I will lose my computer privileges so that's why i took a break/reduced activity thing on LTT. 

I really have poor grades on Math & Science. 

I'm Asian but my parents aren't as strict as other Asian parents.

My parent's get angry if i get less than around 78

other than that, they want me to do better but they don't get angry

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

80% means you got 1 out of every 5 questions wrong.

-Okay, Not very accurate

70% means 1/3.3 questions wrong

-Pretty bad, Every third question is wrong.

90% means 1/10

Double the accuracy of 80%

95% means 1/20 questions wrong

Very acaccurate

A riddle wrapped in an enigma , shot to the moon and made in China

Considering the fact i'm an all A's student enrolled in and taking college classes during high school and i have an unweighted GPA of 3.917.... nope, i don't get yelled at xD.

"We hold these truths to be self evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their creator with certain unalienable rights"

Welp your mom is right.  80% is meh.  Unless you can honestly say you applied yourself and put real hours into the project.  Which I think we both know isn't true.

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

Welp your mom is right.  80% is meh.  Unless you can honestly say you applied yourself and put real hours into the project.  Which I think we both know isn't true.

I really did work on it as hard as I could, but yet my CS teacher wasn't impressed.

Life.exe is missing