Witcher 3 will have 16 bits of DLC and it is all FREE!

DeViLzzz

Repost

RIG: I7-4790k @ 4.5GHz | MSI Z97S SLI Plus | 12GB Geil Dragon RAM 1333MHz | Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 (1550MHz core/7800MHz memory) @ +18mV(Maxed out at 1650/7800 so far) | Corsair RM750 | Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 (Closed) | Sound Blaster Z                                                                                                                        Getting: Noctua NH-D15 | Possible 250GB Samsung 850 Evo                                                                                        Need a console killer that actually shits on every console? Here you go (No MIR/Promo)

This is why you should not get an FX CPU for ANY scenario other than rendering on a budget http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/286142-fx-8350-r9-290-psu-requirements/?p=3892901 http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/266481-an-issue-with-people-bashing-the-fx-cpus/?p=3620861

WOW, a whole 2 bytes? id be surprised if they did charge for taht xD

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

Why is it even dlc? just call it an update if it will come later...

DLC has gotten a bad name thanks to other games, but they are using the term correctly, as it is just content that you can download.

i5 4670k - MSI GTX 770 gaming - Fractal design define R4 (windowed) - MSI Z87-G45 gaming - be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2 - Corsair vengeance 8 gb (lp) - WB black 1tb - 256GB SSD - Corsair TX 750M - Ducky Shine 3

will there ever be need to stop playing this game after release? i think not!

1. GLaDOS: i5 6600 EVGA GTX 1070 FE EVGA Z170 Stinger Cooler Master GeminS524 V2 With LTT Noctua NFF12 Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8 GB 3200 MHz Corsair SF450 850 EVO 500 Gb CableMod Widebeam White LED 60cm 2x Asus VN248H-P, Dell 12" G502 Proteus Core Logitech G610 Orion Cherry Brown Logitech Z506 Sennheiser HD 518 MSX
  2. Lenovo Z40 i5-4200U GT 820M 6 GB RAM 840 EVO 120 GB
  3. Moto X4 G.Skill 32 GB Micro SD Spigen Case Project Fi

"16 bits of DLC" sounds to me like there will be a DLC for free that is two bytes large.

GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming CPU: i5-4570 RAM: 2x4gb Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600Mhz Motherboard: ASRock Z87 Extreme3 PSU: EVGA GS 650 CPU cooler: Be quiet! Shadow Rock 2 Case: Define R5 Storage: Crucial MX100 512GB

Ehh so.... Its updates

Why call it dlc

They are trying too hard to impress people

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

Ehh so.... Its updates

Why call it dlc

DLC = downloadable content. It does not have to be charged to be DLC. DLC is typically optional content that expands on the game more so than modifies. Updates are usually there to fix the game and do slight modifications to the current game, although they may add content, they tend to focus on the current content.

Nice to see some planned support after the game's release, and to see that it will be free. I don't see why you guys complain about FREE.

16-bits? What a massive downgrade. Forget 1080p 60 FPS, we just lost millions of colours.

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

That's it. I am preordering this game.

I thought the game was kind of expensive at first but then I noticed this on GOG's website:

Since the price in your region is almost 7.29 higher than in the US, we’re giving you 7.29 back in store credit for any future purchase on GOG.com.

I haven't even played the other two games but CD Project Red is doing everything the way they should and I want to support them.

1) No bullshit about PC and console parity.

2) No DRM.

3) Free DLC.

4) Customers of the previous games gets a discount.

5) Boob physics.

6) The world and story seems massive.

Ehh so.... Its updates

Why call it dlc

lol you are trying too hard to hate.

Updates nowadays are considered more as in bug fixes. DLC is clearly extra content that isnt in the game at launch

Hey there. You are looking mighty fine today, have my virtual cookie!  :ph34r:

MY RIG: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/34911-my-setup-gold-ghetto-gg-lots-of-pictures/#entry446883

Suck it, Ubisoft!

lol you are trying too hard to hate.

Updates nowadays are considered more as in bug fixes. DLC is clearly extra content that isnt in the game at launch

No, today we have a poisonous trend of calling updates DLCs(and locking it to other side of paywall) just so greedy companies can make some more money.

CDPR should really have called it update.

Because that is EXACTLY WHAT IT IS/WAS(back in the good old days).

----------

Witcher 3 is going to shit all over those so-called "AAA" titles, such as Dragon Age Inquisition(I loved DA 1 but 2 was shite and I'm not looking forward to 3).

5OiBXFz.jpg

Anyone who has a sister hates the fact that his sister isn't Kasugano Sora.
Anyone who does not have a sister hates the fact that Kasugano Sora isn't his sister.
I'm not insulting anyone; I'm just being condescending. There is a difference, you see...

I think it should be called DLC since it adds bonus content. An update would be more aimed at fixing bugs or improve the game. An update can add new content as well, but I would call a player skin a DLC

Back in the day Update adds everything.

DLC represents the poisonous practice of locking extra content behind paywall(literally taking them out of updates).

Say no to DLC.

Anyone who has a sister hates the fact that his sister isn't Kasugano Sora.
Anyone who does not have a sister hates the fact that Kasugano Sora isn't his sister.
I'm not insulting anyone; I'm just being condescending. There is a difference, you see...

IMO if they said its all included and didn't call it DLC, then ppl would love it, but their point isn't made... that charging for DLC is bad.

By saying its DLC, people normally would expect a price, and realize its free, and give +1 or Reps to the company.

IMO they should have made a ridiculous number of DLC content packs................... to throw shit at other games.

Make people realize it shouldn't be common practice for DLC's to exist,... like a shits n giggles high number like 25-50 DLC additions @ $0

Showing the peoples that any DLC not included in the game straight away on launch is a cash grab.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz