CNN uses Surface Pro 3 as an iPad Stand

GoodBytes

Tossing your money at a collection of DRM is a fools errand in any aspect, be it iTunes, Steam, Play Store, whatever.  You don't own anything there, you're basically leasing it until it's no longer available.

Everyone I know that has stayed with Apple hasn't done so because they legit believe Apple products are the best available.  They have done so because they don't want to lose out on the money they've dropped on apps and music they acquired on the AppStore/iTunes that they can't take elsewhere with them.

Despite admitting they don't like the direction they are taking, hating both new iPhones, loathing nigh on identical iPad releases, lamenting the lack of innovative design throughout the existence of the iPhone compared to other manufacturers and general disappointment and malaise for the brand since the 4 and 4S,  they will still buy into every version and upgrade at the first possible moment.

If you want to continue to blindly buy Apple then fill your fruity boots mate.

If you want to continue supporting child labour and encouraging the extreme exploitation of human rights then please keep paying over the odds for your underpowered shiny fruit tat to get mad at strangers on the Internet with.

Apple may not employ those child labourers directly but they are responsible and accountable and they continue to turn a blind eye (Child labourer numbers have actually increased in the factories since this incident was first brought to light a number of years ago) to the breaching of rights of those employed by their contractors.

We could bring up that despite sucking up billions upon tens of billions in revenue globally, they store the vast majority of their wealth offshore and squirrel it away using incredibly well paid lawyers so to avoid paying taxes, yet the common man can be jailed for tax evasion in the order of a few thousand...  Apple actually dictates to the US Government how much tax they will pay.

We could go on to discuss the toxic chemical clouds around the factories that build iphones and ipads that have cause a 10x increase in the number of reported cancer victims in the surrounding villages.

We could talk about them breaching your personal and privacy rights every day, or by boring us into giving them away in endless EULAs, let alone all the shady shit they're up with Google, Facebook and our pals at the NSA (hiyas!!!).

Ultimately I've given up caring what people buy because they don't care about any of that shit above.  I'm guilty of it too with my embarrassing Steam library -there is so much junk in that trunk that Nicki Minaj is green with envy and most likely hair dye. Not when we have endless shopping for tat we don't need to make us feel a little happier, a little less lonely, something to check every 5 mins to fill that void inside you that devours pointless tweets and meaningless status updates. People will buy what is appropriate for them or because a paid for placement/celebrity, those two are sadly interchangeable, made it seem like the better option.

So yeah I do get a little pleasure out of seeing people get their panties twisted into the impossible when it comes to stalwartly defending the atrocity that is Apple, but the effect is over too soon and much like jerking it to pictures of your ex it has diminishing returns which ultimately leads to sadness and contempt for the human species.

i understand your position but this is the world we live in. It's a shitty place and we need to see it for what it is, not how we'd like it to be. Things will not get better.

My beef is that such opinions and attacks on these forums are almost always singling out Apple or irrationally exclusive to Apple.

2017 Macbook Pro 15 inch

Tossing your money at a collection of DRM is a fools errand in any aspect, be it iTunes, Steam, Play Store, whatever.  You don't own anything there, you're basically leasing it until it's no longer available.

Everyone I know that has stayed with Apple hasn't done so because they legit believe Apple products are the best available.  They have done so because they don't want to lose out on the money they've dropped on apps and music they acquired on the AppStore/iTunes that they can't take elsewhere with them.

Despite admitting they don't like the direction they are taking, hating both new iPhones, loathing nigh on identical iPad releases, lamenting the lack of innovative design throughout the existence of the iPhone compared to other manufacturers and general disappointment and malaise for the brand since the 4 and 4S,  they will still buy into every version and upgrade at the first possible moment.

If you want to continue supporting child labour and encouraging the extreme exploitation of human rights then please keep paying over the odds for your underpowered shiny fruit tat to get mad at strangers on the Internet with.

Apple may not employ those child labourers directly but they are responsible and accountable and they continue to turn a blind eye (Child labourer numbers have actually increased in the factories since this incident was first brought to light a number of years ago) to the breaching of rights of those employed by their contractors.

We could bring up that despite sucking up billions upon tens of billions in revenue globally, they store the vast majority of their wealth offshore and squirrel it away using incredibly well paid lawyers so to avoid paying taxes, yet the common man can be jailed for tax evasion in the order of a few thousand...  Apple actually dictates to the US Government how much tax they will pay.

We could go on to discuss the toxic chemical clouds around the factories that build iphones and ipads that have cause a 10x increase in the number of reported cancer victims in the surrounding villages.

We could talk about them breaching your personal and privacy rights every day, or by boring us into giving them away in endless EULAs, let alone all the shady shit they're up with Google, Facebook and our pals at the NSA (hiyas!!!).

Ultimately I've given up caring what people buy because they don't care about any of that shit above.  I'm guilty of it too with my embarrassing Steam library -there is so much junk in that trunk that Nicki Minaj is green with envy and most likely hair dye. Not when we have endless shopping for tat we don't need to make us feel a little happier, a little less lonely, something to check every 5 mins to fill that void inside you that devours pointless tweets and meaningless status updates. People will buy what is appropriate for them or because a paid for placement/celebrity, those two are sadly interchangeable, made it seem like the better option.

So yeah I do get a little pleasure out of seeing people get their panties twisted into the impossible when it comes to stalwartly defending the atrocity that is Apple, but the effect is over too soon and much like jerking it to pictures of your ex it has diminishing returns which ultimately leads to sadness and contempt for the human species.

I only buy shoes from Nike because they employ children. Those tiny hands can get into the tightest of places resulting in me getting a better shoe. I'm okay with it. I don't really give a shit. They have jobs, deal with it. 

oh man they just can't get a break can they?

Build: Sister's new build |CPU i5 2500k|MOBO MSI h61m-p23 b3|PSU Rosewill 850w  |RAM 4GB 1333|GPU Radeon HD 6950 2GB OCedition|HDD 500GB 7200|HDD 500GB 7200|CASE Rosewill R5|Status online

Build: Digital Vengeance|CPU i7 4790k 4.8GHz 1.33V|MOBO MSI z97-Gaming 7|PSU Seasonic Xseries 850w|RAM 16GB G.skill sniper 2133|GPU Dual R9 290s|SSD 256GB Neutron|SSD 240GB|HDD 2TB 7200|CASE Fractal Design Define R5|Status online

All of these things apply to other corporations just as much as then do/do not to Apple. This is a pointless discussion that leads nowhere. Yes, there are things wrong in this world, and yes, some of what you said may apply. Other things might not. Fact is we will never know...

I do understand you frustation, what I don't understand is how all of this is somehow supposed to be Apple's fault. Either way, we should end this discussion, as it is just depressing for both of us and again, leads nowhere.

Owner of a top of the line 13" MacBook Pro with Retina Display (Dual Boot OS X El Capitan & Win 10):
Core i7-4558U @ 3.2GHz II Intel Iris @ 1200MHz II 1TB Apple/Samsung SSD II 16 GB RAM @ 1600MHz

Microsoft just can't catch a break. This is comedy gold though.

So the hundreds of millions of normal consumers who buy Apple stuff each year are dumb fucks?

I...I just can't comprehend the level of stupidity here.

Considering the fact that 90% of the world is made up of dumbfucks, he's not wrong.

Wow. you think they would try and hide it a bit better than that. The only think I can think of is that these are personal ipads and there slacking off on the air.

When you try your best but you don't succeed....

[spoiler=pc specs:]cpu: i5-4670k | mobo: z87-pro | cpu cooler: h100i | ram: 8gb vengeance pro | gpu: gtx770 ftw 4gb | case: nzxt switch 810 matte black | storage: 240gb ssd; 1tb hdd | psu: 750w corsair rm |
keyboards: max nighthawk x8 mx brown + blue led; corsair k60 mx red; ducky shine 3 tkl mx blue + orange led | mouse: deathadder black edition | audio: FiiO E10; sennheiser hd558; grado sr80i; sony mdr-nc200d; blue snowball |

Considering the fact that 90% of the world is made up of dumbfucks, he's not wrong.

Thank you for opening our eyes, oh beautiful member of the top 10%

[spoiler=pc specs:]cpu: i5-4670k | mobo: z87-pro | cpu cooler: h100i | ram: 8gb vengeance pro | gpu: gtx770 ftw 4gb | case: nzxt switch 810 matte black | storage: 240gb ssd; 1tb hdd | psu: 750w corsair rm |
keyboards: max nighthawk x8 mx brown + blue led; corsair k60 mx red; ducky shine 3 tkl mx blue + orange led | mouse: deathadder black edition | audio: FiiO E10; sennheiser hd558; grado sr80i; sony mdr-nc200d; blue snowball |

Fun fact - the 10% who think they aren't dumbfucks are actually part of the 90% that are. 

Conclusion? Don't know, stats pulled out of my butt, let the circle jerking continue. 

Did I claim to be part of the 10% anywhere?