Is it expensive to water cool?

Grem0

Hey all,

I am thinking of water cooling my CPU (I7 4770k)

I am wanting to know how expensive it would be and the different ways to do it 

(I am a complete noob in this field :D)

Thanks all :) 

You can get an AiO for about $100 and not have to worry about it. Custom loops are where it gets really expensive.

Buying an AIO water cooling loop for just your CPU will only cost you about $100 and will give you pretty great performance and looks pretty cool. You can also go for a full custom loop but it's not really worth it to put together a custom loop for just your CPU, this method will probably cost atleast $200 and will require maintenence every once in a while.

My Current Build: 

Intel i5 3570K @ 4.4GHz 1.11V, Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO, Asrock Z77 Extreme4, Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1600MHz, Samsung 840 EVO 250GB, Asus GTX 760 DCII Overclocked, Corsair CX600M

Hey all,

I am thinking of water cooling my CPU (I7 4770k)

I am wanting to know how expensive it would be and the different ways to do it 

(I am a complete noob in this field :D)

Thanks all :)

for an AIO cooler- 30-140 USD

For expandable AIO 120-200

For custom 200-1000

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

If you get an AIO like the DEEPCOOL Captain 360m, not really, if you got complete custom, god yes

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

AIO are cheaper and easier to set up than custom loops

First Build:

Case: Bitfenix Prodigy Black          GPU: MSI R9 270 Gaming@1050/1500         CPU: i5 4570          Motherboard: ASUS H81I Plus          PSU: Corsair CX600          RAM: 8GB Crucial Ballistix Sport XT         Cooling: 230mm Bitfenix Spectre Pro Intake; Corsair AF140 Rear Exuast; 2x120mm Stock Case Fans Top Exuast        Storage: WD Blue 1TB          OS: Windows 8.1 Pro 64 Bit

Unless you're going all out and plan to drop ~$300+ on a loop just get an AIO.

You can get an AiO for about $100 and not have to worry about it. Custom loops are where it gets really expensive.

Buying an AIO water cooling loop for just your CPU will only cost you about $100 and will give you pretty great performance and looks pretty cool. You can also go for a full custom loop but it's not really worth it to put together a custom loop for just your CPU, this method will probably cost atleast $200 and will require maintenence every once in a while.

I am guessing an AIO is an all in one loop. what is the difference between a custom loop and an AIO loop?

AiO or Custom Loop are the Options! AiO is a lot cheaper, because pump and cpu block are 1 Unit. A custom Loop is a lot more work, but results with the right hardware in lower temps and also lower noise levels! A full custom Loop should cost u a minimum of 250$!

irockt? WannaBe Racingdriver and PayDay Gangster in one Person! All i have to say...

I am guessing an AIO is an all in one loop. what is the difference between a custom loop and an AIO loop?

AiO you just stick in your case and mount the block to your CPU like any other cooler.

A custom loop you need to buy and assemble everything.

AIO is an All-In-One, it means they come with all the parts and you don't have to use it, plug n play so to speak. Custom loop is like, you buy the fittings, the tubing, the rads, the res, the pump and the coolant. And put it all together.

The AIO I'm planning on getting is the H24/80x because it's expandable.

The Hh240x and h280x(?) are both expandable AIOs made by Swiftech.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

Expect to spend at least a couple hundred dollars for a full custom loop-that varies depending on how much you want to include in the loop. 240mm AIOs are typically $100 and up and are really the smallest I would use, otherwise use an air cooler.

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

With Nvidia GPUs being so efficient, I hit their maximum performance limit before the temp get too high.

PC : | CPU: Intel 4790K | COOLER: Corsair H105 w/ JetFlo's Push/Pull | MOBO: EVGA Z97 Classified | GPU: EVGA FTW 4GB GTX 970 X2 | RAM: Kingston HyperX Beast 1866Mhz 32GB | CASE: HAF Stacker 945 | PSU: Corsair AX1500i | DISPLAY: Asus MX299Q | SSD: 2 X Corsair Neutron GTX 480 GB in RAID0 | mSATA SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 500 GB | HDD: 4 X Western Digital RED 4 TB in JBOD |

With custom loops you also easily get into the mindset of 'i could have done this juuuust a teeeny bit better, i better start planning my next iteration now'

You want to go with an AiO Loop if you want to live hassle free. Like the ones mentioned before if you maybe plan to switch to custom later get an expandable custom loop.

Unless you are planning to liquid cool your GPU or ram, just go with an AIO cooler for your CPU!