Need someone that is experienced in building to tell me if this seems like a good build

Howdy I am building from scratch for the first time. However I am not a noob when it comes to working on pc's so I am not scared to get in there and work on it since I have taken many systems apart and put them back together and troubleshooting issues its just all the computers I have had were all prebuilt systems. I would like for someone to look over this parts list and tell me if this build seems solid or not. I know my choice on keyboard isn't that great but that isn't very important to me but i dont like looking at standard keyboards either.

Up until recently I have been a primary console gamer and pc was just a side thing for me but with the current generation of hardware I am not to impressed and would rather invest the money into a good pc that can suit my needs/wants.

I will be using this system primarily for gaming but I am a bit all over the place when it comes to that. Below i'll list the kinds of games that I will be playing on this rig.

Battlefield 3&4

World of Warcraft (25 man raiding with around 30 addons running)

Diablo 3

maybe COD if this new one is better than the last 3

Hearthstone

StarCraft 1&2

Those are just a few but I figure that touches a little of everything I plan to play, but I want to be able to play at 1080p on ultra without frame rate dips or heavy lag from the components which was the problem that I had on my old rig playing WOW and that was on a Dell XPS 630 that I had purchased from them.

I will also be using this computer for college I am currently enrolled for a BS in video game design so some 3D modeling will be necessary and live streaming along with minor video editing for class projects.

As for budget I would rather not go over $1,300 and thats including monitor, mouse, and keyboard so for just the tower my budget is $1,000 and operating system does not need to be included since my school gave me a copy of windows 7 pro 64-bit, windows 8 pro 64-bit, and windows 8.1 pro 64-bit to choose from to dual boot on my macbook pro that I had to purchase from them but I am not really happy with a laptop and would rather go to a desk top. Also I know the build that I have put together lacks a SSD but once I get the system built I plan to sell my macbook pro which will allow me to purchase some of the small things I have left out of the build

Now as for the components I have put together I bet there are some holes in it but thats what I am here for is to get yalls input on what I have compiled. I am not worried about anything beyond 1080p for the time being since the components are still to expensive to mess with right now and being an ex primary console gamer full time 1080p gaming will already be a huge step up.

CPU Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core $227.99 CPU Cooler Corsair H50 57.0 CFM Liquid $49.99 Motherboard ASRock Z97 Extreme3 ATX LGA1150 $109.99 Memory Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 $154.99 Storage Western Digital RE3 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM $50.00 Video Card EVGA GeForce GTX 760 4GB Superclocked ACX $229.99 Case Thermaltake Commander MS/I Snow Edition (White/Black) ATX Mid Tower $29.99 Power Supply Corsair 750W ATX12V $59.99 Optical Drive LG GH24NS90 DVD/CD Writer $19.98       Monitor LG 24M45VQ 23.6" $135.00 Case Fan Corsair Air Series White 2 pack 52.2 CFM 120mm $17.99   Corsair Air Series White 2 pack 52.2 CFM 120mm $17.99 Keyboard Logitech Call of Duty: MW3 Edition $27.99 Mouse Razer Naga 2012 Wired Laser

$73.00

Total $1,206.86

but the total of just tower components is $970.87

yes the optical drive is necessary since I am in college I have some programs that still come on CD with my textbooks that needs to be installed

========================

could you send us the pcpartpicker link

Please follow your topics guys, it's very important! CoC F.A.Q  Please use the corresponding PC part picker link for your country USA, UK, Canada, AustraliaSpain, Italy, New Zealand and Germany

also if you find anyone with this handle in games its most likely me so say hi

Howdy I am building from scratch for the first time. However I am not a noob when it comes to working on pc's so I am not scared to get in there and work on it since I have taken many systems apart and put them back together and troubleshooting issues its just all the computers I have had were all prebuilt systems. I would like for someone to look over this parts list and tell me if this build seems solid or not. I know my choice on keyboard isn't that great but that isn't very important to me but i dont like looking at standard keyboards either.

Up until recently I have been a primary console gamer and pc was just a side thing for me but with the current generation of hardware I am not to impressed and would rather invest the money into a good pc that can suit my needs/wants.

I will be using this system primarily for gaming but I am a bit all over the place when it comes to that. Below i'll list the kinds of games that I will be playing on this rig.

Battlefield 3&4

Diablo 3

Hearthstone

StarCraft 1&2

Those are just a few but I figure that touches a little of everything I plan to play, but I want to be able to play at 1080p on ultra without frame rate dips or heavy lag from the components which was the problem that I had on my old rig playing WOW and that was on a Dell XPS 630 that I had purchased from them.

I will also be using this computer for college I am currently enrolled for a BS in video game design so some 3D modeling will be necessary and live streaming along with minor video editing for class projects.

As for budget I would rather not go over $1,300 and thats including monitor, mouse, and keyboard so for just the tower my budget is $1,000 and operating system does not need to be included since my school gave me a copy of windows 7 pro 64-bit, windows 8 pro 64-bit, and windows 8.1 pro 64-bit to choose from to dual boot on my macbook pro that I had to purchase from them but I am not really happy with a laptop and would rather go to a desk top. Also I know the build that I have put together lacks a SSD but once I get the system built I plan to sell my macbook pro which will allow me to purchase some of the small things I have left out of the build

Now as for the components I have put together I bet there are some holes in it but thats what I am here for is to get yalls input on what I have compiled. I am not worried about anything beyond 1080p for the time being since the components are still to expensive to mess with right now and being an ex primary console gamer full time 1080p gaming will already be a huge step up.

CPU Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core $227.99 CPU Cooler Corsair H50 57.0 CFM Liquid $49.99 Motherboard ASRock Z97 Extreme3 ATX LGA1150 $109.99 Memory Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 $154.99 Storage Western Digital RE3 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM $50.00 Video Card EVGA GeForce GTX 760 4GB Superclocked ACX $229.99 Case Thermaltake Commander MS/I Snow Edition (White/Black) ATX Mid Tower $29.99 Power Supply Corsair 750W ATX12V $59.99 Optical Drive LG GH24NS90 DVD/CD Writer $19.98       Monitor LG 24M45VQ 23.6" $135.00 Case Fan Corsair Air Series White 2 pack 52.2 CFM 120mm $17.99   Corsair Air Series White 2 pack 52.2 CFM 120mm $17.99 Keyboard Logitech Call of Duty: MW3 Edition $27.99 Mouse Razer Naga 2012 Wired Laser

$73.00

Total $1,206.86

yes the optical drive is necessary since I am in college I have some programs that still come on CD with my textbooks that needs to be installed

ECH! Such bad formatting, apologies. I see your new, please follow the topic.

1. Anyways for gaming you dont need 16GB of ram, 8GB is enough
  2. Point 2, COD? bruh.
  3. Mouse, go for Logitech G502
  4. Keyboard Saving up for an K70 RGB would be nice

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($229.97 @ SuperBiiz) 
CPU Cooler: Corsair H50 57.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($49.99 @ Newegg) 
Motherboard: ASRock Z97 Extreme3 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($109.99 @ Newegg) 
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 760 4GB Superclocked ACX Video Card  ($229.99 @ Newegg) 
Optical Drive: LG GH24NS90 DVD/CD Writer  ($19.98 @ OutletPC) 
Monitor: LG 24M45VQ 60Hz 23.6" Monitor  ($135.00 @ Newegg) 
Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard  ($169.99 @ Amazon) 
Mouse: Logitech G502 Wired Optical Mouse  ($64.99 @ NCIX US) 
Total: $1265.85
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-10-31 11:17 EDT-0400

EDIT: Also, Logitech G600 MMO Gaming Mouse is recommended when it comes to WoW and Diablo

(NOW)War Horse:

CPU: AMD FX-6300 | Motherboard: MSI 970A-G43 | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Dual Channel 8GB 1600Mhz | GPU: MSI R7790 | Case: Dazumba D-Vito 903 | HDD 1 & 2: Seagate 1TB and Seagate 500GB | PSU: Corsair CX600
(WAS)Old Coop:
CPU: Intel C2D E7500 | Motherboard: Gigabyte G31M-ES2L | RAM: V-Gen 4GB Dual Channel | GPU: Galaxy GT210 | Case: Power-Up ??? | HDD: Seagate 500GB | PSU: Power-up 500W

MyAnimeList Profile | Heaven Society | HEIL THE MIGHTY AND POWERFUL LINUS | My Blog 'Unfinished Pieces' | Code of Conduct

I would personally drop the razer mouse and go for something cheaper to get $30 but it's your opinion i guess

| --- My Stuff --- |

Computer: Apple Late-2008 Macbook Pro ; -Haguro- build: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/296613-wip-project-haguro-x99-hackintosh-workstation/|

Mobile Devices: Apple 32GB 1st gen Ipad Mini ; Apple 16GB Iphone 5s ; Apple Ipod Classic 80Gb 5th Gen ; Apple Ipod Classic 120Gb 6th Gen ; Apple Ipod Classic 160Gb 7th Gen ; Apple Ipod Nano 16Gb 6th Gen 

the reasoning behind the razer mouse is that in my last gaming computer which was my XPS 630 I had a razer naga and it is very comfortable to me and very familiar 

Much better gpu and psu also i7 for streaming

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($329.98 @ SuperBiiz) 

CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D14 65.0 CFM CPU Cooler  ($69.98 @ OutletPC) 

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming 3 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($132.99 @ Amazon) 

Video Card: PNY GeForce GTX 780 3GB XLR8 Enthusiast Video Card  ($279.60 @ Newegg) 

Optical Drive: LG GH24NS90 DVD/CD Writer  ($19.98 @ OutletPC) 

Monitor: LG 24M45VQ 60Hz 23.6" Monitor  ($135.00 @ Newegg) 

Mouse: Razer Naga 2012 Wired Laser Mouse  ($73.00 @ Amazon) 

Total: $1290.44

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-10-31 11:23 EDT-0400

Please follow your topics guys, it's very important! CoC F.A.Q  Please use the corresponding PC part picker link for your country USA, UK, Canada, AustraliaSpain, Italy, New Zealand and Germany

also if you find anyone with this handle in games its most likely me so say hi

the reasoning behind the razer mouse is that in my last gaming computer which was my XPS 630 I had a razer naga and it is very comfortable to me and very familiar 

As you wish, but razer for.. well 80% of us is a hype product. that means its hyped to the fullest but the experience is not up to expectations. But it's up to people's taste, not the specs.

Specs mean nothing if your good with your gear, ofc this excludes system comp. that just works for mouse and keyboard, maybe headphones.

(NOW)War Horse:

CPU: AMD FX-6300 | Motherboard: MSI 970A-G43 | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Dual Channel 8GB 1600Mhz | GPU: MSI R7790 | Case: Dazumba D-Vito 903 | HDD 1 & 2: Seagate 1TB and Seagate 500GB | PSU: Corsair CX600
(WAS)Old Coop:
CPU: Intel C2D E7500 | Motherboard: Gigabyte G31M-ES2L | RAM: V-Gen 4GB Dual Channel | GPU: Galaxy GT210 | Case: Power-Up ??? | HDD: Seagate 500GB | PSU: Power-up 500W

MyAnimeList Profile | Heaven Society | HEIL THE MIGHTY AND POWERFUL LINUS | My Blog 'Unfinished Pieces' | Code of Conduct

Battlefield 3&4

Diablo 3

Hearthstone

StarCraft 1&2

$73.00

Total $1,206.86

I forgot to mention, if you are only playing games, get 8GB of ram only, 16 is kind of a waste if you are not editing or doing anything heavy

why a WD RE3? either get an ssd or get a hard drive with more GB/$ like the Seagate Baracuda 3TB

On top of that, either use the extra money you get from the cheaper mouse on a better GPU (GTX 970) or CPU ( Intel I7 maybe? )

Last thought, you might not need 750W, i think 500W should be enough but if you are planning to upgrade in the future to a very over clocking intensive build then maybe you should keep the 750W PSU

| --- My Stuff --- |

Computer: Apple Late-2008 Macbook Pro ; -Haguro- build: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/296613-wip-project-haguro-x99-hackintosh-workstation/|

Mobile Devices: Apple 32GB 1st gen Ipad Mini ; Apple 16GB Iphone 5s ; Apple Ipod Classic 80Gb 5th Gen ; Apple Ipod Classic 120Gb 6th Gen ; Apple Ipod Classic 160Gb 7th Gen ; Apple Ipod Nano 16Gb 6th Gen 

yea my friend actually gave me my old mouse and it was what i used for about 2 years i didn't purchase it by choice but since im used to the feel of the mouse i figured i would go back and actually as for headphones I have a pair of Turtle Beach earforce delta's that I plan to re-use from my gaming console at least till I can afford to pic up something better

I would try to save some money from that CPU cooler and Memory and invest in a better GPU (280x or 770 or better).

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790k | CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 | Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth Z97 MARK 1 | Memory: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866MHz | GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 770 4GB Windforce

Storage: Samsung 840 EVO | PSU: CM Silent Pro 720W | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | Headset: Corsair Vengeance 2100 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Razer DeathAdder Chroma

"You see, one can only be angry with those he respects." - R. Nixon

yea percy that was actually my thought on the 750w because as time goes on i intend to add additional monitors which would mean additional gpu's or even a bigger one

when its all said and done after about a year from the time of build I want to have a 3 monitor setup that is capable of 1080p gaming without having to sacrifice picture quality meaning i wouldnt want to go any lower than high settings so i figured i would have to add an additional gpu or get a bigger one

yea percy that was actually my thought on the 750w because as time goes on i intend to add additional monitors which would mean additional gpu's or even a bigger one

ok, then I guess it's just the ram, storage and mouse that you need to look at again

| --- My Stuff --- |

ok, then I guess it's just the ram, storage and mouse that you need to look at again

alright i appreciate it a lot 

alright i appreciate it a lot 

np, when I first came to the LTT forum, many people helped me out so I want to be able to help other people too

| --- My Stuff --- |

and Rashy yea i know COD is a no no these days but im an old school COD player been playing it since COD 1 and i give each new title a chance hoping that it will make a turn in the right direction but i dont waste my money purchasing it until i know if its a good one or not since i have a game fly membership i usually rent each new version before hand. since the disappointment that was MW3 i haven't purchased a single COD game but i have played them all. these days battlefield is my go to FPS game though

and Rashy yea i know COD is a no no these days but im an old school COD player been playing it since COD 1 and i give each new title a chance hoping that it will make a turn in the right direction but i dont waste my money purchasing it until i know if its a good one or not since i have a game fly membership i usually rent each new version before hand

dehuehuuhuhehuehue k.

didnt-read-lol-gif-4.gif

but heres a like.

cod will never make a turn for the right direction

(NOW)War Horse:

(WAS)Old Coop:

dehuehuuhuhehuehue k.

didnt-read-lol-gif-4.gif

but heres a like.

cod will never make a turn for the right direction

yea i know it probably won't but i am one of those who wish it would. i think Ghosts actually for me has the all time record for playing and saying nope get away from me. if i remember right i logged about 4 hours on it and sent it back

yea i know it probably won't but i am one of those who wish it would. i think Ghosts actually for me has the all time record for playing and saying nope get away from me. if i remember right i logged about 4 hours on it and sent it back

im just in it for the zombies.

But since i figured out PC Gaming, my life has changed! Order a custom built PC NOW! cal 1-800-LINUS or go to www.linustechtip.com We'll get ya fixed up

(NOW)War Horse:

(WAS)Old Coop:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/dPDrwP

Xeon and H97 instead of i5 K and Z97 will get you a 290 which is MILES from 760

Scarlet KnightIntel Core i3 6100 || Antec A40 Pro CPU Cooler || MSI Z170A Gaming M5 || Kingston HyperX 16GB DDR4-2133MHz || Samsung 850 Evo 120GB || Seagate Barracuda 1TB || Gigabyte G1 Gaming R9 390X 8GB || Seasonic M12II 620W || In Win 503 || Corsair Strafe || Steelseries Kinzu V3 MSI Edition || Dell UltraSharp U2414H || Xiaomi Alumunium Mouse Pad (S)

#Gadget: 

Phone: BlackBerry Classic Q20, Samsung Galaxy Note 4 S-LTE SM-N916S

Console: PlayStation 4 500GB CUH-1206A

Tablet: iPad Air 2 16GB Wi-fi Only

Laptop: MSI GE62 (i7 4720HQ || 8GB DDR3 || NVIDIA GTX960M || Samsung 650 EVO 120GB + 1TB HDD)

In-ear Monitor: Xiaomi Piston 3.0

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/dPDrwP

Xeon and H97 instead of i5 K and Z97 will get you a 290 which is MILES from 760

i thought the zeon processors were more of server cpu's and weren't as good for gaming as the i-series i may be wrong but thats what all the research i've done stats

i thought the zeon processors were more of server cpu's and weren't as good for gaming as the i-series i may be wrong but thats what all the research i've done stats

ive thought of that too, Xeon processors were made for Server. to handle the loads and to process them at the same time. But it isnt optimized for gaming, if i were you i'd still go fot he i-series

(NOW)War Horse:

(WAS)Old Coop:

That theory is only correct with a 2000$ xeon E5 compare to a 300$ i7

But a 240$ Xeon E3 is a different thing, it's basically a locked and underclocked i7 with the price being 20$ higher than the i5 K

Scarlet KnightIntel Core i3 6100 || Antec A40 Pro CPU Cooler || MSI Z170A Gaming M5 || Kingston HyperX 16GB DDR4-2133MHz || Samsung 850 Evo 120GB || Seagate Barracuda 1TB || Gigabyte G1 Gaming R9 390X 8GB || Seasonic M12II 620W || In Win 503 || Corsair Strafe || Steelseries Kinzu V3 MSI Edition || Dell UltraSharp U2414H || Xiaomi Alumunium Mouse Pad (S)

#Gadget: 

Phone: BlackBerry Classic Q20, Samsung Galaxy Note 4 S-LTE SM-N916S

Console: PlayStation 4 500GB CUH-1206A

Tablet: iPad Air 2 16GB Wi-fi Only

Laptop: MSI GE62 (i7 4720HQ || 8GB DDR3 || NVIDIA GTX960M || Samsung 650 EVO 120GB + 1TB HDD)

In-ear Monitor: Xiaomi Piston 3.0

i guess thats something else for me to look into then but i still have time before i will be going through with this build i am going to be going through with it when my tax return hits so i have about 3 months and who knows maybe some prices will drop and i can go for an even higher end gpu but at least i have a good baseline to go by now and can upgrade accordingly 

and if i had the money right now there is a guy in my town selling a brand new sealed gtx 780ti for $150 cause he needs the money bad