Xbox one tv

chimmychunger

Why would the enfisis on xbox one have so much to do with tv if its only avalable in the us.

I was so pissed when netflix came out and it wasent here in oz.

What the hell r microsoft thinking blocking tv to the us

They are a US company, what did you expect, it would take some serious money and bandwidth to stream to the whole world, its probably a test in the US and if it is big it will move to the whole world. I think

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

I heard it was suppose to work in over 30 countries.

Sager NP9370EM - I7 3630QM - 680m 1045Mhz - 8gb 1600mhz ram - 240gb msata 750gb hdd

"Work" does not mean "Fully functional"

sad thing is, so many people are complaining about how bad the xbox 1 is going to be, yet I guarantee like half of them will buy it :/

I don't know why they're pushing TV features so much, they have Smart TV's that do all the things the xbox 1 does practically, idk why they're making such a big deal out of it like it's some revolutionary thing 

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

The 30 countries will most likely be from Europe. Microsoft have show us here in Australia that they don't care about us. Even with their tv thing is windows media centre, it doesn't work in Australia. Basically anything coming out of the US making statements on how it can work with TV programs, is not set up to work in Australia. Its not like we are that small. 

My PC:

Case: NZXT Phantom 420 | Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD3H-WB WIFI | PSU: Corsair TX650M | CPU: Intel 3570k | CPU Cooler: Corsair H60 with Corsair SP120s in push pull | GPU: AMD 7970 GV-R797OC-3GD | RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance 4x4GB | SSD: Samsung 830 256GB | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB

10 years is what the last console lasted. a decade is a long time, a lot can happen within a decade especially tech.

people are chord cutting ie disconnecting from traditional television via rabbit ears or cable and going a pure internet route (for a show discussing chord cutting watch http://twit.tv/show/frame-rate/126) this is predominant within people aged 30 and under, in 10 years these people grow up and get married they will become the bulk of the consumer market.

in the game of chess that is television microsoft is attacking early moving significant game pieces into position for battle that will come in maybe 5 years. admittedly currently CURRENTLY the X-one is a clunky intermediary but they are laying groundwork, planting a flag for something that will come in 10 years. it doesn't work in your country, but do you think television will remain as it is in your country in 10 years?

and of course the emphasis of the latest unveiling was away from games, E3 was weeks away from that announcement, why on earth would they tout games games games when in a couple weeks they'd be saying games games games at E3 again.

I think it's just the special Guide features that don't work outside of the US (probably have to work with the cable companies to integrate it properly). I'm sure you can still do the pass-thru for quick switching, although you'll still need to use your cable box's remote...