Linus' consistent failure

filipcro

I'm with the guys that don't care. Sound level perception can change depending on ambient sound. Sound tone perception can change depending on orientation and location of fans. With cases, all you can really say is "This has an acoustic foam lining." Are you going to tear off that lining to determine its efficacy? Even if you wished for such a test, there would be no standard of measure that satisfies various setups, and your reactions to certain tones may differ from others'.

Not to mention,

WHO CARES ABOUT SOUND. TURN THE VOLUME UP AND QUIT BEING PUSSIES

I care about sound... So does Linus. He often said how he prefer a Quiet computer.

If he doesn't tell us how quiet are the fans, cases when filled with hardward and what not, it kind of make his point moot. His criticism is valid, though it could've been worded differently. But then again, if Linus had to make a complete build out of every cases he review, it would take way too long.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

I care about sound... So does Linus. He often said how he prefer a Quiet computer.

If he doesn't tell us how quiet are the fans, cases when filled with hardward and what not, it kind of make his point moot.

Meh, again, if it's too loud, you're too old. Besides, you should be playing music or something. Who in hell just sits at their computer in dead silence for hours on end? That'd drive me insane.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Meh, again, if it's too loud, you're too old. Besides, you should be playing music or something. Who in hell just sits at their computer in dead silence for hours on end? That'd drive me insane.

I would stay in a server room for a while if it wasn't so darn cold. I find fan noise soothing.

I would stay in a server room for a while if it wasn't so darn cold. I find fan noise soothing.

Sounds like I may wish to sleep in a server room, I love the sound of a fan and the cold

Sounds like I may wish to sleep in a server room, I love the sound of a fan and the cold

Hmm that wouldn't be a good idea now, would it?

I mean they are really cold, atleast the ones I've been in. like 10 C maybe less.

Hmm that wouldn't be a good idea now, would it?

I mean they are really cold, atleast the ones I've been in. like 10 C maybe less.

Well, that's about 40-ish F so I'd just need a heavy blanket. I sleep with the window open during the winter. Love the cold, just means I can use more blankets without sweating so much

I have woken up with frozen lungs before, not pleasant, especially when your a smoker.

Well, that's about 40-ish F so I'd just need a heavy blanket. I sleep with the window open during the winter. Love the cold, just means I can use more blankets without sweating so much

I have woken up with frozen lungs before, not pleasant, especially when your a smoker.

Well then. all there's left is to sneak or ask your way in a server room.

Frozen lungs eh? never had that, how does it feel? 

Well then. all there's left is to sneak or ask your way in a server room.

Frozen lungs eh? never had that, how does it feel? 

Pretty much, like you can't breath at all, the mucus in your lungs sort of solidifies and you have to breath really shallow for a bit before your body warms up and it subsides, just kind weird waking up to that lol.

Note:

It was brought to my attention that my post (http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/241038-linus-consistent-failure/?p=3304518) was of poor quality.

I have reworked my post English and clarify my points. I hope this is makes it more clear to all. Sorry for the initial poor quality post.

I would like to thank @LeopardChurch that brought this up to me via PM.

English is not my first language, and I am seeking to improve it. I welcome all to point me when I do poor quality posts that needs to be reworked.

For those  saying TURN UP THE SOUND!!!, some of us like to sit there comfortably while we work and prefer not having any audible sounds.

For example, my Node 804 was WAY too loud due to being constrained. Switched to the Corsair 780T and that is nearly silent with a H110i, 5960X OCed to 4.4 GHz and a Titan Z.

I have to ask... why do you need a Titan Z?

Wear headphones. Don't be a vagina. Life lessons. 

I didn't know vaginas could type?!

If you're that worried about sound, you need to turn up your damned volume or get a headset.

If it's too loud, you're too old.

In addition if noise is an issue, maybe get quieter fans and and ssd.

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

@filipcro

If it's a case that has sound dampening material, Linus will tell you that the case will cancel out some noise.

If the case is air flow optimised it will obviously be easier to hear the fans inside the case.

Cases that he mentioned about the noise would be some fractal and cooler master cases (that I know of)

Every other regular case will produce an equivalent sound volume 
(assuming you're putting the same number of fans and the same type of fans in each case, while running them at the same speed.... also HDDs over SSDs will have an impact)

CPU: 3930k  @ stock                                  RAM: 32GB RipjawsZ @ 2133Mhz       Cooling: Custom Loop
MOBO: AsRock x79 Extreme9                      SSD: 240GB Vertex 3 (OS)                     Case: HAF XB                     LG 34um95 + Ergotron MX Arm Mount - Dual Review
  GPUs: Gigabyte GTX 670 SLI                     HDD: 1TB WD Black                                PSU: Corsair AX 860                               Beyerdynamic - Custom One Pro Review

I agree with Linus here. To get a room where they can test the sound its going to cost them alot more than they can justify.

Im sure you can watch more than one review of something if your not sure on wither or not its for you. 

PC: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X Gigabyte X570 UD Corsair Vengence 32gb 3200MHZ Gigabyte RTX 2070 Intel 512gb boot / Seagate 2tb spinner Windows 10 Corsair 4000D black

Fyi i am Autistic (Aspergers) so sorry for any social mistakes (im mostly okay) If you want to learn more, Just ask! 

We don't donit because in order to test thermal and acoustic performance of a case accurately you need equipment and facilities that we (and most reviewers for that matter) simply don't have.

Most of the numbers you read for this stuff is simply not accurate anyway.

And then there's also the methodology challenge. We'd never come up with a test procedure that will please everyone and give how time consuming it is to test and this is literally the first complaint I've ever seen about it it doesn't seem like most of our audience really cares.

>install a pc in a case

>blow smoke into it

>record video

>???

>add to video

>profit

wai not?

everyone is talking aggressively to the op because he is aggressive

the guys who say op is a pussy seem to me more aggressive than the op himself

someone said a complain he had from Linus and you are getting mad like they kicked you in the balls

Many people here get hostile (but give viable answers/arguaments) when someone talks (not just complain) about his videos in an aggressive tone.

CPU: Intel i5 4570 | Cooler: Cooler Master TPC 812 | Motherboard: ASUS H87M-PRO | RAM: G.Skill 16GB (4x4GB) @ 1600MHZ | Storage: OCZ ARC 100 480GB, WD Caviar Black 2TB, Caviar Blue 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 | ODD: ASUS BC-12D2HT BR Reader | PSU: Cooler Master V650 | Display: LG IPS234 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Logitech G602 | Audio: Logitech Z506 & Audio Technica M50X | My machine: https://nz.pcpartpicker.com/b/JoJ

Do they have a rule to never talk about the noise output or noise cancellation of any of the products??

They fail to mention such properties even with cases, which is one of the main features people look for when selecting cases!

And they don't even mention it!

Ever! With any case!

I'm kinda sick of this consistent omission already.

Then don't watch the damn videos, then, if this minor, insignificant detail is so unbearable for you.

Do you know how much time these videos already take to make? I don't think they have either the time or the resources to come up with figures for every single case they review, since at the end of the day, no-one really gives a damn, so long as their computer doesn't toast itself. and that's not even taking into consideration how pointless it would be anyway, given the sheer amount of circumstantial variables involved.

if the sound that your computer makes while trying to keep itself from keeling over and dying of heat is so irritating, then grab an Icepipe cooler and use that, for heaven's sakes, man. Get your act together, keep your complaints to yourself and stop being such a baby...

Consider yourself lucky, if you had been any more hostile and had a higher post count than that, we would have torn you to shreds way more than we already have.

Or I hear that the Fractal Define R4 can be decent for keeping things relatively quiet. 

let's face it, if people want dead silent computers, they can have dead silent computers...

Do they have a rule to never talk about the noise output or noise cancellation of any of the products??

They fail to mention such properties even with cases, which is one of the main features people look for when selecting cases!

And they don't even mention it!

Ever! With any case!

I'm kinda sick of this consistent omission already.

The case review's are done with a set build so no referance parts so that's why

LMG use all Noctua Fans In a closed case 

Have a listen here 

Also There are many other review of the same product around the internet

IntelCorei54670k,Maximus VI Formula,Swift tech H220, 16gigs Corsair Dominator platinums, Asus DCUII GTX 780,1x256 840 evo, 1x 2TB Segate barracuda, Corsair AX 860, 

3 X Noctua NF-F12, 2x Noctua NF A-14, Ducky Shine 3 Blue Leds Blue switches, Razer Death Adder 2012, Corsair vengence 1400  

most computer cases are made out of the same base components, and customized slightly per brand specifications. there are a few brands that build their own cases, but for LTT to test every case they receive would require extremely sensitive equipment to pick up on the differences. Aside that, LTT currently do quick overviews of products, not in-depth analysis.

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

This as well. They can say "OH WITH 6 FANS OF THESE FANS AT THIS SPEED IN THIS LOAD WILL MAKE THIS MUCH NOISE!". There are just so many variables that giving a concrete result is just pointless.

wtf they have to test out every fan and every combo of fans and record the noise that will take years to makes a case video