Pelican Case for my gear.

d3sl91

Hey All,

With work I do a bit of traveling via Air. I have recently purchased a DSLR and gear, and am loving it. I want to take it with me (either as carry-on or as checked luggage).

So heres what's in it:

D5200 Body

35mm Prime.

55-200mm Zoom Nikon.

Sigma 17-55 

Chargers, batteries.

Cleaning supplies. 

What pelican case should be able to fit all this with a bit of room to spare? Any suggestions on another brand of case? How do you travel with your Cameras and Electronics?

D3SL91 | Ethan | Gaming+Work System | NAS System | Photo: Nikon D750 + D5200

Well if you want to carry on you have to make sure its within the FAA maximum size, so the Pelican 1510 is for hand luggage... 

Lian Li PC-V359WRX Micro-ATX Case | Intel 5960X Extreme 3.00GHz | ASRock Fatal1ty X99M KILLER | Crucial 32 GB 2666 DDR4 | Thermaltake NiC C5 | EVGA Supernova 1200W P2 | 2x 240GB OCZ Radeon R7 | 2x 256 GB Samsung 840 Series Pro | 2 X 120GB Samsung 840 EVO | 6x NF-F12’s | Place Holder GPU R9 290X |

Links Current 5960X Old FX9590

Is waterproof-ness of upmost importance? Or is it just you'd rather have a hard-shell case for your gear? I picked up something like this: http://www.amazon.com/Zeikos-ZE-HC36-Camcorders-Photograpic-Equipment/dp/B001HJTK5Y/ref=sr_1_1/192-8079896-5430265?ie=UTF8&qid=1414471428&sr=8-1&keywords=hard+camera+case at a thrift store for ~$10. None of the removable foam had been taken out, so I could custom form it for my stuff. Fits under a plane seat perfectly. I can fit my GH2, 4 or 5 lenses (depends which ones), batteries, a charger, one of those rocket air cleaner things, SD cards, a few lens adapters and a few filters without issue. I flew to LA with it and a backpack for carryons, never had any issues. And as a word of warning, I generally give Pelican cases a big thumbs up; but I have seen two fail in undemanding water situations (flat water, strapped to the deck of a kayak and the person rolled) killing the phones inside. Maybe it's the smaller, more 'consumer' focused products, but I was quite surprised at how easily water got into them.